Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lines of Battle: General Discussion

Default Re: Lines of Battle: Rome II - A Tactical Gameplay Modification

I agree the combination of decreased stats and bigger unit sizes really increases battle lenght. However could you work on the range of the bow and the sling?

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

So something odd to note Gunny, but in custom battle the mod works great, however in the campaign it is not on. I should note that I am running with beta patch 3.0, the Imperial Survival Kit, Radious AI, and the removal of all capture points mod. Cheers!

so does this work whit patch 3?

Yes, been using this in patch 3. Seems to work just as well as with patch 2.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

I am having this problem where it does not transfer over into campaign play, any idea why?

im using mod manager, just not sure its working. hastati are base 15 melee attck 50 weapon dmg. i also see dirt poofs on missle impacts.......so is it not working?

The only thing that kind of bugs me after 60 turns as Athens is how effective ranged units are. I don't know if they're affected by this mod at all, but it seems like they are even more effective than in vanilla since heavy infantry is so much reduced in speed while they seem unchanged. I gather it is very hard to deal with that problem, though.

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Is the no capture points mod compatible to this and if not, is its integration planned?
    Btw nice mod, works as advertised!

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Lines of Battle: Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Making Progress.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Well done , now that's looking more like a Roman battle should, instead of CA's version. Keep up the good work hopefully the length of battles can me extended to more than 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wundwolf View Post
    Is the no capture points mod compatible to this and if not, is its integration planned?
    Btw nice mod, works as advertised!
    I've been using both of these, and they work great together. I tried to VP removal only mod at first, but now I'm using the version that removes both victory and capture points.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

could you make a separate file just for the large scale mod itself and not the other gameplay tweaks? Because its not compatible with the Difficile Ludum mod. I really like the large scale battles in rome and youre the only one who made this kind of mod so far.

many thanks.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

If the mod you are talking about changes the land_units tables it wouldn't work anyway since cavalry require their horse numbers increased, if it doesn't though, remind me after the next version is released.

Im off to work right now, but I need some help testing (read: I want more feedback on the current realease candidate before officially releasing it, so if you're interested in helping out and actually providing feedback, shoot me a PM.

I'm using this on patch 3 and still getting huge blobs. Also, men in those blobs are "breakdancing". They're having spasms, just jumping up and down all the time, looks glitched out as hell.

Any suggestions?

I also noticed that with patch 3, units (expecially enemies) change continously direction during combat and are completely decimated..
    I tried also vanilla (using the some test battle) and this behaviour seemed a bit less evident.
    But other than this serious problem, your version still remains the best battle mod in my opinion and for my personal tastes.
    Probably a bit more morale (for all units) or reducing morale penalties for negative events can help.
    Also reducing to 1 the ammo for units carrying pila (or similar weapons) could be a good thing.
    (PS : version used for test is that created in date 17/09/2013)

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

I run your mod without patch beta 3 and I can say you that especially in land, roman choorts try to mantain a massive cohesion and some formation. Units try often to move in a compact way, "moving as one". Of course during melee we get at last a job bu it's rare a case I see my legionaries break too many the line. I think that at present time, considering what the game was 2 weeks ago we're already lucky with this mod and Others working on BAI. Cavalry too seems to me good balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal263 View Post
    I also noticed that with patch 3, units (expecially enemies) change continously direction during combat and are completely decimated..
    I tried also vanilla (using the some test battle) and this behaviour seemed a bit less evident.
    But other than this serious problem, your version still remains the best battle mod in my opinion and for my personal tastes.
    Probably a bit more morale (for all units) or reducing morale penalties for negative events can help.
    Also reducing to 1 the ammo for units carrying pila (or similar weapons) could be a good thing.
    (PS : version used for test is that created in date 17/09/2013)
    Morale is fine. For the love of god, don't turn this into the next Radious with units that _never_ rout.

@gunny: Thanks for the mod! Great work!
    If you like, you can let the terrain have greater effect on various unit stats. Like some boni for infantry fighting in a forest against cavalry, or an accuracy and range malus for ranged units firing out of a forest... all the nice things that were in in Rome 1
    Think it would fit in your mod.
    If you are interested, have a look here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13268071

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Lines of Battle: Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Making Progress.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Those graphics look horrid bro. You sacrifice graphics for more units? What are your settings and frames in a battle like that?

Quote Originally Posted by redspecial View Post
    Morale is fine. For the love of god, don't turn this into the next Radious with units that _never_ rout.
    Seconded, one of the main reasons why I dislike the radious battle mod.

Yeah, I liked Radious' mod until it upped the limit of armies/navies available each level your noterity increased. The AI would spam anything and everything, it was crazy.

Mods like this, that keep the vanilla baseline for army/navy numbers relatively low by comparison, make the decision to commit your forces to a war all the more important and if those decision fail to pan out, you feel the consequences.