Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lines of Battle: General Discussion

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Lines of Battle: Rome II - A Tactical Gameplay Modification

All Romans received that treatment, their melee attack was crazy high, but suffered a low charge power, and I'm not sure why vanilla done this
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Looking at my Romans some more, it looks like I didn't hit them has hard as I thought with the bat. I'll be continuing to balance it some more as the weekend goes on, and see what I can do in terms of testudos to make them more... useful, but not OP.

I just want to give a shout out for this mod. Thank you for putting it together.

I just finished the best battle I have had in Rome 2 since I bought it. It was street to street urban combat inside the walls, just brilliant. No 'blobbing' at all, my lines held as best they could and eventually the enemy broke after we had fought all the way to the center of the city. My Spartans certainly lived up to their reputation, it was vicious close combat the whole way.

Nice work. The whole thing lasted for around 40 minutes or so once we had breached.

I am definitely going to start a new campaign with this mod under the hood.

I'm about 60 turns into a Macedon campaign, using this on 1.5x and some Radious mods, and I'd have to agree that it's definitely the most balanced of the battle mods I've played so far. Battle AI's so brain dead its hard to really get a good picture, but my battles are lasting longer, and no unit feels utterly useless so far. I'm finding the main problem in my campaigns is that I'm fielding far superior armies to anything the AI can make, even 100 turns in. I'm about 50 odd turns in as Macedon, and just took Knossis. I fielded 4 Royals Peltasts, 5 thorax Swords, 6 Hoplites, 2 Comp Cavalry, and 3 archers. They had all Milita Hoplites (about 30 units of) and the rest javs/slingers (about 15 in all). I just stomped em once they rallied out. Is it out of the mods boundaries to have a fiddle with unit recruitment chains? Good work so far, either way, I'll be sticking with this battle mod for the foreseeable future.

Content Emeritus

That's good to hear about the battles!As for the campaign, the mod is compatible with Radious's AI mod which, IIRC, changes around some AI priorities in the campaign. That may solve some of your problems. Edit: Noticed you said you used some of his modules, I assume the AI mod is one of them . Campaign changes are last on the list at the moment, but if Josst ever finds the time to work on a UAI for Rome 2, I will definitely try to integrate that into the mod.
    Last edited by 'Gunny; September 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

I found a weird problem if i use this mod and Radius Campaign Features and OR Economy and Research(i didn't try if it's true with both or one of them) the cav units they don't have horses they start on foot weird....

Getting ctd when I burn down a gate with torches. Only mod i'm using never happened before.

Content Emeritus

I'll test it out, I didn't change anything related to that, but bugs appear where you least expect them.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    I'll test it out, I didn't change anything related to that, but bugs appear where you least expect them.
    I don't know if it's important but i was using Athens in custom battles when i saw it.

Content Emeritus

Cannot replicate your bug rpgfanbase, and Sotaklas, what scale were you using?

Pretty good mod. Too bad units start becoming choppy for me after a certain amount of men, whereas I could have many more in Shogun relatively smoothly. I did an 8000 v 8000 custom battle and it was over in less than 8 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Cannot replicate your bug rpgfanbase, and Sotaklas, what scale were you using?
    I am using the Moderately Larger Units(240) the other packs i have is Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack and NoHDR_mod_plus_ContrastCorrection, but it works with them, when i removed both Radious mods it was fixed, i am also using the beta patch 2 mod.

Has anyone else had trouble accessing the download site?

edit: nevermind, got it working
    Last edited by Ouso; September 15, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Senator

about to test this mod. the changes sound awesome and not too extreme like in other mods.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Tempted by this but must ask - do the double size units mess up naval battles and AI naval landings?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Tempted by this but must ask - do the double size units mess up naval battles and AI naval landings?
    Yes, as of yet I haven't seen anyone find a way around that. Not sure if possible for modders, at least for now.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Gash! Something must be done!

.....Just I can't do it

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

the mod manager finds a conflict with radiou's campaign feature mod. I really liked having an increased army cap. Is there no way you could make this compatible ??
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Don't you think the upkeep costs of things like Hoplites are a bit... high at the moment? I get the reasoning surrounding increasing them, but double?

Content Emeritus

Actually, all naval units are the standard sizes, so they aren't bugged, just smaller. That is why all Marines will be getting a buff in the next patch, which will address naval combat.

EDIT: It is compatible with radious's campaign mod, and as for hoplites, I didn't mean to change any upkeep costs, might have accidentally drifted columns while changing some stats, I'll have a look.