Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Playable Factions (Total 103 Added this round - 80)

http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/d...le.php?id=2669 all Factions (yes, the Seleukids - no, not Rhodos) but 4 turns per year, not 1 turn per year...

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

One question, Izanagi11: Why are Budini part of Germanic Tribes? I think they should be part of Nomadic Tribes. Their army roster is not Germanic, it's Nomadic with Steppe Horse Archers and their mercenaries are Scythian and Sarmatian units. Just a heads up. Everything else is great! Soooo many choices now and opening move opportunities! Best!

Royalty's Avatar Foederatus

Yay all the Britannic Tribes!

Are the iberians factions playable? It is possible to have a list of the factions working?
    Oh, Thank you very much. Modders are saving (or at least improving) the game a lot!

Foederatus

Ragss, I have also started as Armenia too and despite the lack of culture buildings it is possible to raise your culture in new areas, the town/city buildings give a small culture conversion, also Dignitaries can and will raise your culture if you select the right bonuses when they level up, another way would be to follow the top Philosophy path on the tech tree which can give up to 6 culture conversion per region... it can be hard to convert areas where you do not control the entire region though so when you take an area try to make sure you control the full region or 2-3 of 3 city regions and 3-4 of 4 city regions should be enough to give your culture dominance.

I found quite a list of factions on this video. Please vote there for a faction if you will like to see how it works.
    The video is not mine, but if the owner is around, hope it not bothers him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDAkybwUUSE

Make a video teaching dowload the mod :< pleasee

So if I were to play Bactria or the Selucids I would have access to the armored elephant units?

1. Are Illyrian tribes playable?

2. Even though I've extracted both files in "new campain" screen there aren't any extra icons

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Yep, but not as such, rather tribes, so Delmatae, Ardiei, Daorsi...

PS It seems I cannot find Seleucinds, where are they?

@Hrobatos I know buddy

but I'm more concerned about main problem.

DL the zip file.... unziped it at the right place and nada.... no extra icons to chose.

@Hrobatos I know buddy

but I'm more concerned about main problem.

DL the zip file.... unziped it at the right place and nada.... no extra icons to chose.

EDIT: this can easily deleted.... dam gremlins....lol
    Last edited by yllbardhi; September 08, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

@Makko yes, you have access to the armored elephants. In fact for the Seleucids I believe you can recruit them for your generals right off the bat. Forget if Baktria can as well.

As far as I know, there are a few limitations. For example, I am not sure that there are victory conditions defined for these campaigns other than total conquest I suppose. In addition, I am pretty sure civil wars will not happen, and or may crash your game when it fires (if it fires?). The reason I say this is because all of the official playable factions have civil war factions defined for them. Lastly, there are NO missions.

Finally, there will be some funny stuff going on with some factions. For example the Thracian factions, Odrysian Kingdom and Tylis. They are both classified as hellenic cultures, however they use the barbarian building tree. This means that their religious buildings spread celtic culture, while their cities spread faction culture. Some factions will also have EXTREMELY limited troop selections. Again referring to the Thracian factions, they have a total of 2 melee units. They have Thracian Warriors, recruitable immediately, and then Thracian Nobles, recruitable from a tier 4 building. They also get zero melee garrison troops.

@yllbardhi the Illyrian tribes should be perfectly playable. They have their own unit roster and their own faction specific troops. Overall their troop selection might be a little bit thin, but who cares ;p

I'd be really interested to see someone report IF they get the civil war, and or IF anything odd happens when it is supposed to trigger.

Where's the objectives? ):

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League and Baktria)

I made a video demonstrating the mod. Hope you enjoy!

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League and Baktria)

Quote Originally Posted by veriloquent View Post
    Ragss, I have also started as Armenia too and despite the lack of culture buildings it is possible to raise your culture in new areas, the town/city buildings give a small culture conversion, also Dignitaries can and will raise your culture if you select the right bonuses when they level up, another way would be to follow the top Philosophy path on the tech tree which can give up to 6 culture conversion per region... it can be hard to convert areas where you do not control the entire region though so when you take an area try to make sure you control the full region or 2-3 of 3 city regions and 3-4 of 4 city regions should be enough to give your culture dominance.

Thanks for the tips. Didn't know about the diplomats or the tree area. Guess I can give Armenia another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by veriloquent View Post

Thanks for the tips. Didn't know about the diplomats or the tree area. Guess I can give Armenia another shot.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Yesterday I saw 23, today I saw 103
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Did people just not see my post above, I'm working on bringing these factions to the custom battle mode!

Here's a list of the ones added:

All the British tribes
    Aedui
    Boii
    Cimbri
    Getae
    Baktria

I'm finishing up more barbarian tribes before I move on.