Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League, Boii, Baktria, and Odryssia)

Can you make the Caledones playable?

Also, this may seem dumb, but is there a way to rename and rebanner the Iceni to the Catullevani? Once Spartan works his Warscape map magic, I see no reason why the two (Plus maybe more) can't coexist together, but until then I would like to see a more epoch relevant (At least in my opinion.) clan in Brittania's position.

Anyway, this is great man! I can't wait to try out these other factions when I want some variety from the decently varied factions we have.

Man, I can't wait to see what Spartan can do with the map.

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League, Boii, Baktria, and Odryssia)

Dubble Post
    Last edited by Kadoken; September 06, 2013 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks mate! I hope you can do all factions eventually like the guys did for Shogun.With so many factions in this giant map, it would be silly to not fully explore all starting locations

Is there a run down of what each of these faction's unit rosters are? I'm kind of curious as to what units the different unplayable factions actually have access to.

big_feef's Avatar Ordinarius

Don't know if you're still taking requests; but unlocking one of those African factions would be cake! I'll probably end up doing it if I have time this weekend anyway, but can't hurt to ask now does it...
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" - Thucydides

So, I'm playing with Odryssia at the moment. First of all, they are AWESOME. Thracian Warriors are the ULTIMATE glass cannons ;p However there is some oddness going on. Basically it's like this. Odryssia is Thracian, which is Hellenistic. Their game culture is hellenistic. However, ALL of their temples are celtic and according to the tooltips they cause celtic culture spread. This isn't game breaking or anything. But...this is obviously going to cause issues with some AI factions that are classified as one culture and the majority of their buildings spread a different culture. It will culture bomb them to poor relations.

Would you be able to make a version that includes 4 turns per year? Also, I'd like to request Syracuse, Pergamon, Bithynia, and Massilia to be added as playable factions.
    Last edited by Tritus; September 06, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
    "Everyone believes in something. I believe I'll have another drink."

"Wise was he who created god."

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

i like how people are requesting factions from all over the world
    almost everybody in this thread has requested a different faction so far
    Check out my AOR and balancing Mod for Third Age Total War

My request would be for an in depth guide to unlocking factions, so that we can unlock the factions we want to make playable. Failing that, Syracuse, Pergamon, and Rhodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    My request would be for an in depth guide to unlocking factions, so that we can unlock the factions we want to make playable. Failing that, Syracuse, Pergamon, and Rhodes!
    This. I'd be happy to contribute some of my free time as well to unlocking the majority of the factions in game! I'd also love to dig into seeing about getting these factions missions as well (if possible).

It keeps crashing when I hit New Campaign. I have things copied right, everythings in order. Do I have to go in a edit certain codes to access them? Or is this just some strange occurance like Sleeper had?

Most delayed double post ever? Wow.

Man thats gold! The Boii/Eastern European Celts are one of my all time favorite historical ancient cultures and i felt quite upset seeing them on the map and not being able to play as them. Really thank you!

I hope the mechanics towards unlocking more factions get figured out so maybe we could see some others of my favorites as playables, namely Galatai and Arevaci 8D !

Garamantes and Libya! Please. Whenever you have the time. Ehhhhhhh..

Daorsi please :p

Quote Originally Posted by Osbot View Post
    Most delayed double post ever? Wow.
    What?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I'm going to suggest an Iberian faction, seems as there is none of them playable
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

What?
    Look at the time stamp. I had a double post pop up almost 2 hours apart ;p

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

where did I wrong?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

is that Windows Vista?
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |