Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rome II Raw DB files and Faction Modding Info

CA Developer Icon Rome II Raw DB files and Faction Modding Info

Hi guys,

Seeing Mitch working hard to unlock factions and others trying to get access to other parts of the db we thought we’d give you the raw db files from the Day 1 release.

This has all the tables that are used by the game and all the information on the fields and valid data for them. Hopefully this will get you guys going faster and is just the first part of modding support we have planned for ROME II.

Please only download the files if you are using them to work on the tools, this is a quick link we've got up to give access to them for the tool makers.
    Download link.

On the subject of helping unlock unplayable factions, Campaign Designer Dom Starr has this to suggest:
    The reason that the game is crashing when attempting to load non-playable minor factions is that they have no political party data set up for them. The appropriate parties for faction politics were only ever set up for major factions. For test purposes we also set them up for the proposed additional factions, Pontus and the Seleucids, hence the barebones Seleucid data – we settled on Pontus as the first extra in the end, but knew we’d want to get the Seleucids out to you guys as soon as possible after release anyway so saw no need to remove the preliminary data that was already in there.

Now, there is no simple way for us to create a non-playable faction-spanning generic political party to allow you to jump in as anybody, but for those of you who wish to mod in your own data to play a specific faction, it should be straight forward enough.

The tables concerned are “political_parties” and “faction_political_parties_junctions”. I’m sure you can pretty much decipher how to go about setting these up by looking at existing entries, but in a nutshell:
    • Add two entries to the “political_parties” table for the faction that you are trying to play as and make sure to flag one of these parties as being “playable”.
    • Fill in the other data as appropriate.
    • Note “effect_bundle” is a required field and represents the faction / family (eg “Arverni”, “Barcid Dynasty”) specific trait, rather than the faction group (eg “Gallic Tribes”, “Carthage”) trait.
    • Use “rom_dummy_bundle” or one of the others as placeholder if necessary, or create a new faction trait in the “effect_bundles” table (with effects hooked up in the “effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions” table).
    • “ui_icon” is a required field but is not in use. Pop an ‘x’ in there or something
    • Then in the “faction_political_parties_junctions” table, simply add an entry associating each of the new political parties with the faction that you are trying to unlock.
    • Note that a political party may only be assigned to a single faction.
    • Everything Should Work
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; September 09, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Rome II Raw DB files and Faction Modding Info

Awesome! I was secretly hoping you guys would provide these!

Many thanks!!

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

I'll grant you, that's a step in the right direction. Now, if we could have a dialogue about toggling certain features (namely, capture points) and restoring some semblance of a family tree (and sons and daughters) to the game, that would absolve most of my grievances.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Awesome!

Ordinarius

a big thank you

Absolutely fantastic, Lusted. Thank you so much.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Thanks! That's a very nice move from you to give it very soon.

Muchos gracias Jack!

Thanks, we'll finish the game for you now.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Thanks Jack, didnt expect to see these tools so early after release. Big surprise.

Please Please Please answer me guys, I am not very knowledgeable...

Can these DB tables be used to make the BATTLE/FIGHTING SLOWER Sooo We can actually enjoy them rather than the current BENNY HILL...????

Thanks to Jack and CA. Best of luck fixing everything, and it's nice to see mod support out the gate.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Settoken's Avatar Libertus

Wow nice move CA. There's potential in this game, supporting modding will help making it what it should be

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

Good work. Keep it up and I might buy this game earlier than I thought I would.
    In before this thread is inevitably ruined by tinfoil hat wearing idiots who are unable to accept that this is an industry.
    Aelfwine, then, spoke out and valiantly declared: 'Let us call to mind those declarations we often uttered over mead, when from our seat we heroes in hall would put up pledges about tough fighting; now it can be proved who is brave. I am willing to make my lineage known to all, that I was from a substantial family in Mercia. My grandfather was called Ealhelm, a wise nobleman blessed with worldly wealth. The thanes among that people shall not reproach me for my wanting to get out of this army, to make my way home, now that my lord leader is lying hacked down in battle. To me that is the greatest grief: he was both my kinsman and my lord." Then he moved forward and turned his attention to revenge, so that with his spear he struck a seaman among the army so that he lay dead among the ground, destroyed by his weapon. Then he exhorted his comrades, his friends and companions, that they should advance.

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

Many thanks Jack and CA. Nice gesture and a solid way to make a friendship that we all can profit!
    Keep it up!
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

Icon14 Re: Rome II Raw DB files and Faction Modding Info

I agree with everyone. Thank you Jack and this a GREAT 1st step in being able to correct the shortcomings in this game.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Cool move, Jack and CA, thanks!
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

This move is very great Jack. I'm looking forward to be able to change some things and make othe factions playable.

On the other side I hope if you release DLC with new playable factions (example: Cherusci), I hope you will make them special and not just playable clones. This would be just a reason why I would buy a DLC, so please give everything.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Thanks Jack! Seem your db file saved saved our day and we can release mods what we need for game to fix these issues. Shortly we get some out. Thanks once again.

I got a lump in my throat...think it might be a cold or something...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast