View Poll Results: Do battles end to fast ?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

155 94.51%
  • No

9 5.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battle Tempo way to fast.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Battle Tempo way to fast.

I voted no, I don't mind 5 to 10 mins slug feasts I also don't mind it if CA increases it to 10 to 15 mins.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Apperantly I can't vote. But I belive that battles in general move too fast. If units moved a bit slower, and kept their formation. I think much would be done.

Battles for me tend to last 10-20 minutes from start to finish on average. It isn't so much that the battles don't last long, it's that the fighting doesn't last very long. You usually spend more time marching and moving your units into position. When those units finally engage the fights between them last only a few seconds before the unit routs or is almost utterly destroyed. I don't want Roma Surrectum II type battles which often last for nearly 60 minutes, but I would like engagements to last longer than they do now.

I haven't been able to get to the stage of professional armies because of campaign map lag, so maybe battles will slow down then. I can't see the point of having the cinematic view if the front lines are going to break in 30 seconds, assuming you get a front line and the AI doesn't just mob rush your army. There's no time to set up pincer attacks, flanking, or ambushes.

My average battle time is 6 minutes.. Took Carthage in less than 7 minutes! And I am not even that good. I'd love battles of 15-30 minutes. At least when full armies are fighting. This and the stupid Capture the flag thing in open terrain battles are my main problems at the moment. Thanks for fixing the black shadows by the way, that helped!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123