Page 14 of 382 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (obsolate)

Default Re: R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod

Mine wasn't working because I had Fraps running. You can't be running Fraps nor any other program that has a UI like it (MSI Afterburn). That is for the same reason Steam overlay won't work.

Once the game is running you can start Fraps, and it will work normally. It is the only program I tested.
    Would be good to add that to the main post.

I tested both the 1.5 and 1.4. In 1.4 it starts but without the effect, and 1.5 just crashes on the first loading screen. Got really mad for this simple thing. D:

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

@ Lucifer, Thats great...Keep up the hard work. One more thing, the pics that you use, are you using steam still?

Default Re: [Released] R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod

I have this exact problem also. As soon as I hit the start to enter the game screen go's black (total crash)

I mixed it with Doktor 1s sweetfx with some minor tweaks, its looking amazing now. You should have a look at his luma sharpening settings, they really impressed me more than anything. Now there is actual definition in the battles and its almost as good as real anti aliasing.

http://puu.sh/4lNBK - Off

http://puu.sh/4lNAq
    - On

http://puu.sh/4lOu2 - Off

http://puu.sh/4lOpu.jpg
    - On

Ordinarius

Hey LuciferHawk. The new version works flawlessly now. Thank you!

I have two requests:

1. If it's possible to add settings to adjust RGB values?

2. Do you know how to get rid of the ugly, terrifying, stupid, silly, lousy, unrealistic, damn, crappy, annoying as hell, awful, terrible, eyes-exploding, causing cancer HDR-effect? It is so much annoying all the time changing the picture from over-bright to dim. This HDR destroys often the amazing picture quality of your fine mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Hey LuciferHawk. The new version works flawlessly now. Thank you!

I have two requests:

1. If it's possible to add settings to adjust RGB values?

2. Do you know how to get rid of the ugly, terrifying, stupid, silly, lousy, unrealistic, damn, crappy, annoying as hell, awful, terrible, eyes-exploding, causing cancer HDR-effect? It is so much annoying all the time changing the picture from over-bright to dim. This HDR destroys often the amazing picture quality of your fine mod.
    The HDR infuriates me too, just when you think you have the game looking nice, all it takes is a zoom to ruin everything.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Looks pretty good. However, game crashes after I press play on launcher
    LOG File
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    redirecting CreateDeviceD3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(78,5): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(95,21): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(219,7): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(7,14): ID3DXEffectCompiler: This sampler is used with a DX10-style texture intrinsic. This is not implemented in this version of the compiler.
    ID3DXEffectCompiler: Compilation failed

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hey Lucifer, there is another GEM out here in the mod forum that has great color. Maybe you guys can team up and create the most EPIC thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Airborne -
    Here you go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23.jpg   3332.jpg  

I second to the post above that without the HDR or whatever it is that darkens whole picture upon zoom, this would be an amazing mod! Is it possible to take that out?

Quote Originally Posted by kukuruznik91 View Post
    @Airborne -
    Here you go!
    looks great but where is the file ?

Im sorry it seems one cant edit his posts until he hits 25posts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23.jpg   3332.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eoreds's Avatar Foederatus
    India, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

How do you install with sweetfxnext?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by kukuruznik91 View Post
    I second to the post above that without the HDR or whatever it is that darkens whole picture upon zoom, this would be an amazing mod! Is it possible to take that out?
    It's not that easy to do that, but i think i succeeded in this matter. I made a "No HDR Mod". Just try it out: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...353-No-HDR-Mod!

@Lucifer: Could you please overlook the saturation option settings? To increase the saturations also increase the brightness. This affects especially the campaign map. Thank you.
    Last edited by Mech_Donald; September 08, 2013 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YD23 View Post
    LOG File
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(78,5): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(95,21): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(219,7): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(7,14): ID3DXEffectCompiler: This sampler is used with a DX10-style texture intrinsic. This is not implemented in this version of the compiler.
    Same here.

It look very confusing to a dummy computer guy....

I think this would be better if you made the filter a bit warmer, like the the original Carthage gameplay video from 2012. This looks a bit too washed-out to me, still good though.

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    I mixed it with Doktor 1s sweetfx with some minor tweaks, its looking amazing now. You should have a look at his luma sharpening settings, they really impressed me more than anything. Now there is actual definition in the battles and its almost as good as real anti aliasing.
    That's nice, can you share your settings file? Thx.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by YD23 View Post
    LOG File
    Also to all the others (I might need to write in in OP). Make sure to use DX11 and install the latest directx cause some functions I implemented are only working with DX11.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccaveli View Post
    I think this would be better if you made the filter a bit warmer, like the the original Carthage gameplay video from 2012. This looks a bit too washed-out to me, still good though.
    You have to look at it in many scenes and many scenes have already an orange/red filter from R2 vanilla so I do not want to add more at the moment. Yeah I try to add more color but it is hard without screwing up the current look.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoreds View Post
    How do you install with sweetfxnext?
    Instructions are in the OP.
    Last edited by Ganossa; September 08, 2013 at 03:58 AM.