Thread: Share your campaign progress!

Icon13 Share your campaign progress!

So in this thread you can share your campaign map progress and give a short(!) overview of your experience until now.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Difficulty: Legendary
    Faction: Rome (i thought i was Julii but i just realized im cornelii for some reason?)
    Rounds: 25
    Play time: 8 hours

Campaign objectives: reenact Roman conquest more or less historical accurately
    Status: Conquered mainland Italy + one colony at Illyria. Alliance with the conquerors of Ephesus. (Ardiaei) Invaded the barbarians next to Massilia, they asked for peace, i made them a client state.
    next steps: fixing public order and invading Spain to prepare for full assault on carthage from all fronts.

biggest battle: 6 Hastati, 8 Velites, Mercenary Spearmen and Mercenary cav (17/20) against two gallic armies with lots of spearmen and flingers with a total of about 35 units. Close victory with 33% losses and retreat from that province to regroup. Diplomatic victory next turns. See -->
    best gameplay moment: Achieving a diplomatic solution to a war by subduing the faction into a client state and friendly factions clearing rebels for me
    worst gameplay moment: UI and encyclopedia being messy and only receiving 50 denarii tribute per round from my client state.

overall performance: decent on extreme. sometimes fps drops, 1 crash while exchanging units from two armies.
    overall experience: Im having a blast!
    Last edited by G-Spike; September 04, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

Default Re: Share your campaign progress!

My Sparta campaign has run into huge problems. Egypt buddied up to me, so I went along with it. I conquered Greece, made peace with Macedonia and then focused my expansion into North Africa. Problem was, during my consolidation of Greece and travel across the oceans Egypt invaded my prime targets and I couldn't join the siege. Egypt then got gang rushed and collapsed to a single territory within a few turns. My armies go to help them, but get decimated over time, fighting on three fronts to defend Egypt and unable to send more help from Greece because of constant invasions from modern day Asian Turkey. It's a nightmare. Going to have to abandon Egypt to their fate I think.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I play my campaign untill the first battle then I decide to wait for tools who allows more tan 160 men and reduction of unit speed.

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

Im on about 190BC. Playing Sparta on hard. I have taken the whole of Greece and the west coast of Turkey. Betrayed Athens so badly lol. Pushed into North Africa and now ready to wipe out Egypt.

Playing as the Blue Brits. Conquered the Isles easy, diplomacy was utterly broken so had no other choice. Of course massive public order issues means I keep 2 legions at home to crack skulls randomly. Other 3 legions marching into Germania, conquered Magna, allied with Minor. Set up a unit production chain in Denmark for the Suebi invasion that I fear is coming soon. Currently on turn 50 and like I thought Suebi came after being driven out of their homes. Sailing up the coast trying to get a foothold, but they will die on the beaches.

Been fighting off 3 stacks of transport ships, which with the current broken game are the equivalent of 3 medium sized naval fleets.

Slowly losing motivation to go on because of zero immersion in the game and no attachment to my faction at all. Random general #14 is kinda awesome though. He's my favourite bland same looking randomly generated faction member so far. Single handedly routed an almost lost battle with his war-cry.

Nicknamed him the shrieker.

Up to my 6th game. Just cant get past around turn 10. Its just so boring. Im a campaign type of guy. There's nothing on it to keep me immersed to keep on playing. It just doesnt feel like a total war game. The game is so simple that its complex in its simplicity. Both battle UI and Campaign map UI arghhhhhhhhh wtf were they thinking.

Maybe 7th try will be the charm.

Maiden_Ante's Avatar Semisalis

I'm playing a vicious Sparta campaign on hard. I'm on 260BC and things are going decent, though I've just been through a hellish war, mostly because I always have to investigate the new features in every TW-game. At first I conquered Epirus, and before long I attacked Athens, drawing Macedonia in as well. Beating Athens was easy, but having to go bankrupt in order to build enough troops to withstand Macedonia was a bit of a bummer. However, at the moment things are looking better. I'm besieging Pella, Macedon's last region. Athens and Epirus have been eradicated and very soon I'll have my first province, meaning I can move on to Hierapytna and as such have TWO provinces within a very short time.

I just need a fleet...

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Playing as Rome!
    Took most of Italy......Etruscans gave me some small troubles but I dealt with them. Then taking over the islands Corsica and the one below was quite easy.

Currently waging war on African grounds. Carthage is wiped out but not by me. In a huge and tough war with Libya (they really are resilient!!) on the east side of Carthage. They field good and big armies: lots of hoplites, archers and war elephants.
    Also in war with a desert faction called Masaesily on the west side of Carthage. Their armies are really bad (simple spearmen, low stats) but they tricked me a good few times on the campaign map. Took over their city Dimmidi. Then their armies lurked around just outside my range. I send my army to catch em but another army of Masaesily went to take over the city.
    Then my army suffered attrition because they were in the desert and lots of men dying. Trying to get back to Dimmidi but was intercepted by the first Masaesily army who was lurking around. They pounded me big time.....it was my finest legion too! The heat, the desert and the ambush attacks really got me there.

While Libya beats me with brute force....the weaker forces of Masaesily really try to do more strategic things like ambushing me.
    Really having a blast! There's total war everywhere on the campaign map. So many nations are surprising me. Some minor nations are even taking over lands.

Quote Originally Posted by keldor View Post
    Up to my 6th game. Just cant get past around turn 10. Its just so boring. Im a campaign type of guy. There's nothing on it to keep me immersed to keep on playing. It just doesnt feel like a total war game. The game is so simple that its complex in its simplicity. Both battle UI and Campaign map UI arghhhhhhhhh wtf were they thinking.

Maybe 7th try will be the charm.
    You and me.
    I never got so bored in a Total war game.

im kinda scared to break non agression pacts(NAP). I've learnt my lesson from shogun 2 that you do NOT break alliances or everyone hates you. Does that apply to NAP's in rome too?
    Kinda scared to unleash hell by doing that to my legendary campaign