Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your top three issues with RTW 2 (constructive criticism)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Your top three issues with RTW 2 (constructive criticism)

Just judging by what I'm reading here, this seems to be the same issues that Shogun 2 experienced when it first came out.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

1) No Judea / Judean Mercs
    2) No siegable Jerusalem
    3) CA ing up gameplay / history for modern politics
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

My friends and I had our biggest comp stop yet. 27,000+ men.
    http://imgur.com/a/X2euD

Battle duration: 5minutes 50 seconds

2. AI's resistance - when you own half of Europe and there were and are none empires out there who would be bigger than a few provinces.

3. Diplomacy
    - trade agreements -> no one wants them or they demand money for them even though you are not the one in need and are their neighbor who they would better not piss off.

JGL's Avatar Miles

1. Genocide of the generals: They are constantly being assassinated as well dying far too easily in the battle map. Maybe they are meant to be used less offensively this time but, it is very frustrating to lose a general to a stray javelin.

2. Nothing to do: There almost no micromanagement anymore, the main feature that has been added, (politics) is not deep enough and is really quite dull. I was expecting more moral , difficult choices for my faction.

3. Navies are pointless: Maybe its because I'm playing this as the Iceni but why bother have navies when land troops still pretty effective at sea? I had thought that while in transport the land armies would be totally vulnerable.

I was going to mention fast battles but that has been pretty thoroughly covered tbh.

There have certainly been some odd choices by CA. Overall I'm enjoying the game, I look forward to seeing how it plays in 6 months when patches and mods ave been released. My 2 cents.
    The Moralizing Empire.
    "When my lovely tribe invaded other land it was for bravery and pride, if Rome invaded other land it was because Romans were the evil." Courtesy of Romanheart
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1) End of turn waiting time

2) The 'insta-navy transport' mechanic. I've yet to see a downside to using it. It's a strange thing to allow ingame imo.

3) Battles are a bit fast.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

1. The UI is a travesty! Whoever made the final approval of this horrible decision should never work on a TW game again. The only reason I can see for this is that R2 is planned to be ported to consoles and all future TW games will also be on consoles. Get ready for it because the writing is on the wall. I feel like I am playing this game on a cellphone.

2. Battle speed! What a joke. Thankfully mods can most likely fix this.

3. Special abilities! Not needed and most of them are ridiculous. Hopefully a mod can disable almost all of them.

I have to wonder what CA was thinking with this game. Are they even trying anymore or just milking the TW cow until the end of the series? This is a complete failure to execute CA and someone should be held accountable. This will likely be my last TW game unless drastic changes are made. I just don't like where TW has gone since Warscape and it just keeps getting worse with every release.

1. Battle Speed.
    2. Family trees
    3. The Seleucids are too strong, as parhia you have no chance to conquer Persia.

1. Combat way too fast

2. no "Guard" mode and no "Fire at will" for melee troops.

3. 1turn/1year, generals dying fast in numbers without Feeling any attachement to them.

4. many more...

Hmmm...
    1. Multiplayer being pointless, no more avatar conquest gameplay.
    2. The end of turn is a little long, but I guess it's expected from the sheer number of factions.
    3. No sight of amazons anywhere, alas!

1) Disappointed in the graphics. After all these screenshots, gameplays etc. I expected a way better looking RTW2.2)No family tree.3) A very complicated gameplay with 1000+ buttons.

1. Horrible performance. That includes low framerates all of the sudden (a great example, idle campaign map, fps over 80, selecting a unit drops it to mid 20s; how is that even normal), ridiculously low GPU usage when you'd expect it to be high, long turns and generally bad CPU utilisation. There's something utterly wrong with some of the textures too.

2. Hollywood battles. There is almost no time for tactical involvement and battles seem unrewarding when most last for less than 5 minutes. Deploying your troops often lasts longer than the actual battle.

3. Limited city management and building of city structures.

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

Now this is what I call a clear, useful and serious complaint thread.

1. Battle speed too fast, battles are way too short.
    2. Pila throwing system. Fire at will or being able to throw them defensively is a must!
    3. Too many special abilities to click. Useless as battles are too fast to be able to focus on clicking them.
    Last edited by Almogaver; September 04, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
    --------------Arengada--------------

1. Combat is too fast.
    2. Javelin and Slinger units having the same range as archers, ridiculous.
    3. Performance is abysmal.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

1 - The need for a NASA grade computer to run the damn thing...
    2 - End of turns.
    3 - Hollywood-esque type battles...

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

1. Game needs more optimization, I ran Shogun 2 on ultra at 30+ FPS and Rome 2 I run on high with 25 fps in the campaign map and 25-45 fps in battles.

2. turn ends, takes way too long.

3. some animation glitches.

All of this can be patched and worked on, but the game is still great.

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

1. I think that the UI is absolutely horrible for both the campaign map and the battle map. I don't want to have to use the Rosetta Stone to decipher buildings that I want to build and what units I want to use. Maybe it is just me, but what was wrong with the UI system that CA has used in the previous TW games? I cannot not make heads or tails from some of the information windows.

2. Cannot move units out of an army. You need a general to field an army and to garrison a town, if I understand that correctly.

3. Guard mode gone. I don't like that, at all.

There are other issues that I have with the game, but I guess that will do for now. I am playing and trying to get into it, but for some reason it does not "feel" like a Total War game to me. I guess I will wait until some patches come around or some mods are made for the game.

1. Combat is too fast, faster than Shogun even. Ramp up the melee defense on all units majorly(not armour!). The battles must last at least thrice(3x) as long as they do now.
    2. Rebalancing, especially the Romans. The stats they get is way out of proportion for the pricetag. As it is there is no real counter to Romans, beyond flanking.
    3. Suebi are missing wardogs and pikemen. Teutoberg gives them wardogs, but where are they in custom battle? Also, Germanics were fond of pikes(and spears obv).

1. Borderline insulting optimization.
    2. AI is absolutely inept in some scenarios.
    - Diplomacy
    - Sieges (basically braind-dead)
    - Using phalanx units (was this even tested?)
    3. Battle speed, unit/army cohesion, missing features and HORRENDOUS mechanics for placing units on top of walls (whoever was responsible for that should be fired)
    - No guard mode
    - No fire at will for melee troops that are capable of using missile projectiles
    - Battle speed needs tweaking
    - Unit/army cohesion needs some tweaking

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

1. Battle speed and the collision system (why don't units keep formation?)
    2. City management: it's hard to respond to problems like public order and the UI is anything but intuitive
    3. The battlefields just look ugly to me. I was able to fix my low-res units by checking the unlimited VRAM box, but it doesn't seem to have done anything for the terrain and buildings.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMaximillian View Post
    I apologize for the wall of text, I guess I formatted it wrong. I appreciate anybody who took the time to read that and I apologize to your eyes.
    I read it and even though I don’t have the game I am curious about what people are experiencing, not surprised by most of the issues, I did find it funny about your daughter best to marry her off as fast as possible.

I think that one little piece of nonsense would sum up the approach taken by CA, pretending that your playing a new and greater version of RTW1 but all the important elements of that game have essentially been removed or diluted to the point that some people don’t even know what they are playing.

The reference to your daughter was almost a desperate attempt to fool you into thinking you had a family but of course you don’t because its gone like much of what a Total War game is meant to be about.