Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CA In Hiding?

Default CA In Hiding?

Hi before the release CA staff members were commenting on nearly everything and saying how Rome 2 is so good to get us to pre order it.
    Now that the game is out and by far the worst Total War game ever made with many many problems they have all gone in hiding and no longer replying.
    Occasionally i see a few staff members pop up but leave no comments, can we at least get a few reply's with what they are working on, whats to come and what they are planning on improving and when?
    We are the most loyal total war fans and paying customers, we have listened to you about this game since it was announced, please listen back and reply to us.

Thank you.

PS. forum moderators please do not put this in the complaints thread where this will get lost as its question and hopefully will get a response from CA if they respect there customers and loyal fans.
    Last edited by TheNewKing; September 04, 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Default Re: CA In Hiding?

CA's staff is pre-alpha, and so cannot be held responsible for their actions prior to release.
    The above post is in a pre-alpha state and does not nessecarily reflect the final writings of the poster. As such the poster cannot be held responsible for any statements made in this post.

Well CA is just following the usual game company procedure.

1. Hype the out of the game before release.
    2. Profit!
    3. Fans are angry because CA lied to us!
    4. CA hides while the look for a good excuse *most likely giving money to IGN and Gamespot so they give the game a 9/10*
    5. Fans still demand fixes!
    6. CA representative posts some PR BS on the forum. Probably blame the high number of people trying to play the game as the reason there's so many issues ala Sim City.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

They arent hiding.. They are at this very moment out swimming in the money of the people who mob rushed stores and preorder locations because they had to play Rome 2 right now, while people like me(who diddnt throw money at them as soon as they announced the game) are sitting back in our chairs saying, "Well played CA... well played...."
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Or it's entirely possible that the majority of the staff are on vacation after release crunch/working on a new patch.

But sure, let's go with that.

They screwed up with this Total War. They released the game early in an unfinished state, and they know it. What they should have done was hold back on the release for another 1-2 months, patch up the obvious bugs (how could they not have noticed them?), and release the game with more playable factions. It seems to me that all of CA's attention during this release was focused on making sure the game was released half-baked so they could dole out paid DLC post-release. Everyone complains about the release, so they throw a nice, shiny DLC binky into our mouths to pacify us. A binky that we have to pay for, just so they can nickel-and-dime us to make more money. Well, I say screw the DLC AND the game, and wait for mods/community fixes, because I'm not going to waste my time playing this mess.

They are preparing more DLC for you to buy, my cattle

mav61's Avatar Civis

We might be being a bit hard on these guys in the end most were only doing their jobs..they are not the directors..in saying that yes there are issues and big ones at that, but Empire was far worse you can actually play this game to a degree, sure they weren't up front with the proper specs you need they wanted Sales and to alienate a third of potiential customers would be cutting their own throats..but i reckon they should come out atleast 3 months ago and say "Hey you need to have a decent rig to run this" would have saved a lot of people some aggravation and some money also if they didn't want to upgrade or didn't have the coin.. but lets face it a few patches and hopefully they won't take their time like they did with Empire...in the end they need to rattle their daggs and get those patches pumping out spend the money later...

Probably have a week off as most devs do. There's also a team in place to deal with all the bugs and patching.

Kilo's Avatar Semisalis

People have always complained at every release of a Total War game and always will complain.

and what they are planning on improving and when?
    Press release 23. of August:
    we will continually improve the game’s compatibility, optimisation and integral features such as AI and gameplay balancing post-release

Things have not changed from that so they have nothing to say, it was the last warning but most fanboys could not read between lines. Even less fanboys wanted to hear from some older gamers like me who knew that jump from alpha to 1.0 release version was technically impossible with their timetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    People have always complained at every release of a Total War game and always will complain.

To be fair, there's usually reason to complain.

It's not so much the complaining that bugs me as it is the slack jawed surprise/homicidal rage/moral indignation and outrage that a new PC game has major bugs and AI faults. Why, it's almost as if software development is continuing on the way it has for the past two decades.

omzdog's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by TheChronoMaster View Post
    To be fair, there's usually reason to complain.
    I hate this too be fair non-sense.
    There is no god!!

Quote Originally Posted by omzdog View Post
    I hate this too be fair non-sense.
    There is no god!!
    To be fair, there is possibly a God, and I happen to think there is one.

Trish CA's Avatar Libertus

Hiya,
    We are definitely still here and we are reading most of the comments being made and posts put up. Currently, we are on a 24/7 rota for all things tech-support related so there has been a lot of work going into that. We are working out different solutions for seemingly the same problem (as unfortunately, there is never one correct solution for any PC-related problem) therefore, your technical feedback is very important to us. I hope that answers your question a little but we are still here.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This isn't a game, this is a large scale fraud.

If the technical issues were just half the problem...

Well that's the way to disprove that, I guess.

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Trish CA View Post
    Hiya,
    We are definitely still here and we are reading most of the comments being made and posts put up. Currently, we are on a 24/7 rota for all things tech-support related so there has been a lot of work going into that. We are working out different solutions for seemingly the same problem (as unfortunately, there is never one correct solution for any PC-related problem) therefore, your technical feedback is very important to us. I hope that answers your question a little but we are still here.
    I really have to ask why this wasn't done pre-release - how many PC's did the CA staff test this game on, and what was the technical variation between them?

You can surely understand it seems incredulous for so many people to be having issues of a graphical nature (excluding even the gameplay issues) had this game been properly tested before release, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    that's our fault? 90% of complaints are legitimate, give us a game that's actually finished on release and see how many people complain then.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast