Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what happens when... (Important Public Service Announcement)

Briareos's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: This is what happens when... (Important Public Service Announcement)

Quote Originally Posted by Broly View Post
    ok first off slingers are really op i just had a full army 3000 spearmen vs 2600 another army of majority slingers because the ai still stacks the crap out of range units which obliterated me due to all the lag an stuff flying around the screen, these are from the prologue do we really need THIS MUCH ROCKS flying around the screen an this is from only 2 slinger units maybe even 1 because im not sure if i had the other in combat but its rediculous. Second shot is just charging into horses throwing spears every 1 just decides they want to throw THEM ALL at the one guy.
    The second picture is hilarious and reminds me of Mount and Blade
    Last edited by Briareos; September 04, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Default Re: This is what happens when... (Important Public Service Announcement)

All aboard the disappointment train!!

I rode the hype train and I still really enjoy the game. I guess I'm not too big on the battles anyway. I can understand people's frustration though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glorious Nationalist View Post
    All aboard the disappointment train!!
    Yep, and tickets are $60 a piece. It's a non-stop ride to Bum, Egypt and the in-train movie is Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Train ride not included. Movie sold separately.

I am looking forward to EB II!!!!!

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by Smartbomb View Post
    Yea what's up with the turds placing all the blame on Sega? I guess it's easier to deal with the pain of being lied to when you do a mental gymnastic and attribute all of the fault unto a faceless corporate entity instead of your favorite game company.
    But isn't SEGA the one pulling the strings in the end concerning funds, deadlines, and all other policies (DLC etc.)? CA may have have actually done it, but under circumstances created/enabled by SEGA pushing the limit. However, that being said I don't quite agree with a number of gameplay decisions and designs that CA made either.

Indefinitely Banned

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Warscape is not good for portraying melee combat.

I said, back before Rome 2 was announced, that a Victorian age game would go muuuuuch better for this engine, but nooooooo they just had to have Rome.
    I agree, this release should have been Victorian Total War which would have been simple to achieve as an adaption of "Fall Of The Samurai" I suspected that Warscape wouldn't be suitable for an ancient warfare TW and it seems this assumption was right. Perhaps a new game engine for the next release, it just won't be based on Rome
    Last edited by caratacus; September 04, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

For those placing the blame on Sega, really? CA announced this game in July 2012, Shogun II had less time between when it was announced and when it was released.

Now onto the purpose of this thread, I applaud it. I have been looking forward to this moment ever since people started begging for Rome II. I knew they would be disappointed. I said they would be disappointed, but no one believed me or they just ignored me. Well have fun being disappointed, I am drinking your delicious disappointment caused from overhyping the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12