Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what happens when... (Important Public Service Announcement)

Mr.Fable's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 This is what happens when... (Important Public Service Announcement)

...you ride the HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO.

I knew this would happen. All the Rome fanboys were like "ZOMG IT GONNA B INS ROMANS THYMES!!!!!11one EYE LIEK JULIS CEZARS!!!11 I LEAD ROME TOO VICTORAES (Insert pretentious and gratuitous Latin here)!!!! DAT AUTOMATICLEES GONNA MEEN IT BE GUD!!!!11 ROME IS TEH BESTES DURRR SEQUAL AUTOMATIC DOUBLEPLUSGOOD."

Seriously guys, this happens after every release. You guys complain that CA never learns their lesson (and believe me, they don't.) but neither do you guys. It's a sad, sad cycle.

Eikki's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: This is what happens when... (Important Public Service Announcement)

This reminds me of the Diablo 3 release. People were worshiping blizzard before and everyone realised how wrong they were after release lol

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: This is what happens when... (Important Public Service Announcement)

Haha, good points all around. "Ain't nobody got time for dat" as the blacks say. Haha. *high five*

What do you mean? I've been playing a Roman campaign without troubles. Is it perfect and did Sega rush it? No, and yes.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Warscape is not good for portraying melee combat.

I said, back before Rome 2 was announced, that a Victorian age game would go muuuuuch better for this engine, but nooooooo they just had to have Rome.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Eikki's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post

I said, back before Rome 2 was announced, that a Victorian age game would go muuuuuch better for this engine, but nooooooo they just had to have Rome.
    All the Rome fanboys were foaming at the mouth demanding this game after Shogun 2. I wonder how many are genuinely satisfied

Thracius's Avatar Tiro

One more hit like this and we can all board the lifeboats because Total War is sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post

I think it could work, it's just CA didn't make it work.

Mr.Fable's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by lollaaja View Post
    What do you mean? I've been playing a Roman campaign without troubles. Is it perfect and did Sega rush it? No, and yes.

Don't think you can blame everything on Sega. Don't think Sega said to CA: "Hey guys could you make the AI be , take out all tactics, make every unit degenerate into a blob and not hold formation, and take out guard mode? We really want this game to be crappier than previous titles and feel like a crap Lord of the Rings battle."

They're charging $7.99 for the Greek States for those who didn't preorder? WTF?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic. But the combat just doesn't work as well as before, when things weren't motion captures and when they didn't fight in giant blobs. It's good for shooting, though.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

L00n's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33 View Post
    They're charging $7.99 for the Greek States for those who didn't preorder? WTF?
    CK II + six other games is like a 6$ ... wtf indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fable View Post
    Don't think you can blame everything on Sega. Don't think Sega said to CA: "Hey guys could you make the AI be , take out all tactics, make every unit degenerate into a blob and not hold formation, and take out guard mode? We really want this game to be crappier than previous titles and feel like a crap Lord of the Rings battle."
    No, but I'm fairly sure that (one of) the devs heavily inferred that the game was being released early. SEGA is in charge of that. The game has issues, but it's no different in this regard than any other CA title to date. The game on release has always been whatever. The patches will (hopefully) fix the major issues later and the modding tools will fix the stuff that CA doesn't think is broken. I think the forums are full of melodrama at this time. I didn't expect the second coming of Jesus and he certainly didn't come around.

Libertus

im waiting for a game in the period of the 1500's till the 1700's. hopefully they would do that and not just do a full lap and repeat every time period they have done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fable View Post
    Yea what's up with the turds placing all the blame on Sega? I guess it's easier to deal with the pain of being lied to when you do a mental gymnastic and attribute all of the fault unto a faceless corporate entity instead of your favorite game company.
    Bactrians will be Big 8. "Farther East" means Bactria.
    After the Iceni reveal expect the unexpected.

so ca didnt do there homework on how roman era battles went, holding formation, first line fighting, rest waiting in line......ill give you that, they failed there.

but.............

EASILY MODDED. so everyone shut up already, everything else i love

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

I didn't ride the hype train but i still enjoy it.
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

ok first off slingers are really op i just had a full army 3000 spearmen vs 2600 another army of majority slingers because the ai still stacks the crap out of range units which obliterated me due to all the lag an stuff flying around the screen, these are from the prologue do we really need THIS MUCH ROCKS flying around the screen an this is from only 2 slinger units maybe even 1 because im not sure if i had the other in combat but its rediculous. Second shot is just charging into horses throwing spears every 1 just decides they want to throw THEM ALL at the one guy.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Genghis Mighty Mongolian Warlord.

The only real problems are the occasionally dumb AI and the poor optimization. EVERYTHING ELSE is subjective and I have not seen anyone prove their statements of why the game is a fail when it offers far more in features and gameplay than any previous TW. The game has some bugs, but it is not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. Rome 1 was a disaster at launch, Medieval was a disaster at launch etc. etc. Empire seems to be the worst in that regard. Remember those? I am not defending the bumpy launch, they definately should have given it more time... But to call it the worst TW game ever? Are you guys that dense?

They showed us enough gameplay footage and features to allows us to make the decision for ourselves. If you expected something drastically different from what you saw, you are delusional. There is a massive difference between having idiotically unrealistic expectations and the game actually "failing to deliver". Apart from the bugs, tell me in which way Rome II is not better than the vanilla versions of the previous games? As I said, there are areas which need tweaking, but there are wayyy too many creatures living in basements that condemn the game with such extreme prejudice, that is not rational. As if the game is the only thing that is important for them at the time. Most of the things that players complain about, realistically speaking, are MINOR.

Here is what my current issues with the game are:

- Some bugs/glitches.
    - No guard mode.
    - Army/unit cohesion could use tweaking.
    - Mechanics for placing troops on walls are terrible.
    - Poor optimization.
    - Occasionally really bad AI. Most of the time it is decent (comparing it to Shogun 2).

Nothing else other than that, for now.
    Last edited by Metallistic; September 04, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain-Man View Post
    im waiting for a game in the period of the 1500's till the 1700's. hopefully they would do that and not just do a full lap and repeat every time period they have done so far.
    Heared that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast