Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Thanks buddy, as you suggested, it hangs a bit and i think i was operating to quickly for it, like you said, wait for it to go red, now works. On a side note, i wanted to change the number of men using ESF and multiplier, but it only excepts round numbers like x2 x3 etc, i thought you could but in x1.5, but it wont except, this is a shame as i was trying to avoid the naval bug by having sub 200 men units.

Glad you got the increase in army sizes working. As for the 1.5x/2x unit sizes, they can actually be modded unlike the army sizes fix. I know in the modding section there are some mods that edit every individual unit size for you, although regardless of 1.5x or 2x I still believe the naval/transport bug exists.

Magnar off the top of my head has already done this, check out his mod in the Hosted section for more.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Did exact as OP, edit to 40, get occasional CTD (and my enemy seemed to have lost an entire 40 unit army during one crash) before turn 120, and then CTD on armenia at turn 121 no matter how many times I load.
    My theory is that on vanilla sometimes one can capture enemy siege engines to and the number of units can go past 20 to 21 or 22. If this happens to an army with 40 units and become 41 or 42 which passed the max number of units on the field which is 40, and that breaks the code, although I haven't test it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bestliutr View Post
    Did exact as OP, edit to 40, get occasional CTD (and my enemy seemed to have lost an entire 40 unit army during one crash) before turn 120, and then CTD on armenia at turn 121 no matter how many times I load.
    My theory is that on vanilla sometimes one can capture enemy siege engines to and the number of units can go past 20 to 21 or 22. If this happens to an army with 40 units and become 41 or 42 which passed the max number of units on the field which is 40, and that breaks the code, although I haven't test it yet.

40 on the battlefield is not the limit. I have played with 60. Haha it's a tight fit in the deployment zone and unit cards all get bunched up. But I can confirm I've played a battle with 60 units on the battlfield.

Want a CTD when 6 40 unit stacks attack each other - Here's how!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mongsworth View Post
    Want a CTD when 6 40 unit stacks attack each other - Here's how!
    I made this tutorial 4 months ago. CTD free. What are you trying to accomplish with that comment?
    All war depends upon it.

Hey EPIC28! I just wanted to remind you that your fix WORKS for Shogun 2. Please keep up the support for your mod as Rome 2 continues with its updates/patches/dlc's. I have not bought the game yet as I am still waiting to see how many problems get fixed as well as bad design decisions getting removed, but I AM EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR WORK! Thank you very much and this is coming from a New York Giants life long fan.

Hey Epic, any update on how to get rid of the black box or is it just not possible?

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

I would like to ask for oposite thing, maybe somebody wil know where and if it is possible. With vanilla 20 units per army.

I would like to see that AI will get max 20 units in battle same as player when i choose not to have huge armies in battle, when i untick this, i get reinforcments only when my units die, but AI gets always 40 units into battle (main army + reinforcment army), no matter what i choose pre-battle screen. So is it possible to give AI same terms as player, to now allow them send in battle 40 units at the same time, but wait till some dies and then get new? Thank you.
    Last edited by Radious; December 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by zala View Post
    Hey Epic, any update on how to get rid of the black box or is it just not possible?
    I haven't been able to find a clear solution to fixing the blacking out of the unit flag. It is most likely something that occurs with unit banners, and the gold chevron images would need to be photoshopped or something. I am not the artistic type so unit flags, emblems and models I dont really touch because thats out of my area of knowledge.

The easiest solution for this would be if someone could find the unit banner trigger for adding the gold bars when units are recruited to an army is to make any excess units from 20 (black bars) become transparent in photoshop or a similar software program.

I no longer play with 40 unit armies (30 is the sweet spot) so therefore the black bars don't hide the faction emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    I would like to ask for oposite thing, maybe somebody wil know where and if it is possible. With vanilla 20 units per army.

I would like to see that AI will get max 20 units in battle same as player when i choose not to have huge armies in battle, when i untick this, i get reinforcments only when my units die, but AI gets always 40 units into battle (main army + reinforcment army), no matter what i choose pre-battle screen. So is it possible to give AI same terms as player, to now allow them send in battle 40 units at the same time, but wait till some dies and then get new? Thank you.

Radious, are you speaking for this strictly as to occur in custom battles?

You just want to have it like the old Rome 1 style where you could command 20 units at a time and when one unit completely died, it was replaced with a single unit from off the map from your reinforcements? And also make sure that the AI has the same order? It sounds less about army limits and more about reinforcement structure.

Ive never really seen a table for reinforcement behavior to make the extra units appear as they did back in Rome 1, one unit dies completely and is replaced with a single unit from your reinforcement army from off the battle map...
    Last edited by Epic28; December 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
    All war depends upon it.

hi epic28 I have recently been given rome 2 for Christmas and have been excited to get it. unfortunately there is the 20 unit problem that I know your aware of. I have come across your post that seems to be the only one with good information about what to do. I was wondering if you could help he because I have a windows 7 not 8. I have tried to adapt your information and find the saved game file, but with no luck. so I was wondering if you could help with adapting your instructions for windows 7? Many thanks.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Epic28: No i am talking about campaign. When my 2 armies meets 2 ai armies. I can choose for myself if i want 40 units together or 20 and then get more by reinforcments. But AI gets always 40 no matter what i choose, this i would like to change. Yes its about reinforcments but sadly i cant find where it could be so thats why i asked, maybe somebody will know. Only to be able to make AI have same conditions when i choose i dont want to have large armies. I see no point why it affects only player and not AI.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Something like 'Unlimited men on battlefield 0/1' from Medieval 2, correct?

Yeah, if someone could find that option it would great - I know that some people could call it cheating but I always prefer reinforcements to on battlefield after either myself or AI lost or retreat one of the units.

como abro la editsf wodware eso k es un program k esk soi nuevo en esto

Hi just to confirm that with 40 units per stack I regularly get ctds during AI turns that cannot be cured by reloading the savegame. Using 36 in the last couple of months, and I'm definitely free of such problem; with 37 or more I get ctds again...

When I have multiple stacks involved in a single battle, the four units that are needed to reach the maximum of 40 enter in the beginning as reinforcements (same happening for the AI) and never had ctds during such battles; the remaining units from other stacks come later, as usual, to replace the ones that fled or have been destroyed.
    Last edited by jethro; January 12, 2014 at 06:55 AM.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Hi just to confirm that with 40 units per stack I regularly get ctds during AI turns that cannot be cured by reloading the savegame. Using 36 in the last couple of months, and I'm definitely free of such problem; with 37 or more I get ctds again...

When I have multiple stacks involved in a single battle, the four units that are needed to reach the maximum of 40 enter in the beginning as reinforcements (same happening for the AI) and never had ctds during such battles; the remaining units from other stacks come later, as usual, to replace the ones that fled or have been destroyed.
    Yes, since CA released Patch 4 this 40 unit tutorial isn't proper. You can still use up to 35 units free of issues like you said. I've contacted CA for assistance on the patch notes regarding this issue but thats drifted away in the breeze to no response.
    All war depends upon it.

Why CA did not want 40unit stacks in the first place just goes to show you that CA is more often than not unreasonable.

Leuchebreu2's Avatar Libertus

I'm using this mod and no ctd

mennelik's Avatar Civis

Epic28 you say you don't know how to get rid of that black banner issue but when I look at the screen on page 1 that army has 40 units without this.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Leuchebreu2 View Post
    I'm using this mod and no ctd
    What is your max unit/army value set at?

Quote Originally Posted by mennelik View Post
    Epic28 you say you don't know how to get rid of that black banner issue but when I look at the screen on page 1 that army has 40 units without this.
    That screen in the OP is just showing the potential recruitment of units passed 20. Those units aren't actually in my army. When the turns pass you'd see a black bar for each unit fill up (just above the gold ones).
    All war depends upon it.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

OK, OK I just realized after shelving this game for some months that you can no longer have 100 unit armies...in' hate that and I absolutely hate CA. Its like having a friend who comes to your house and consistently breaks something...you can't just be happy with the relationship and you get the raw end of the deal. And to think I pre-prdered this awful game. 100 unit armies was something I could live with and still play. I really hope another more competent, open-minded, less hoidy-toidy company comes along with modding gameplan. This just sucks.

I will never forget my first army...74 units strong and Spartan. Taking on all odds, cutting a swathe through barbarous lands to the north.

Did I mention that I hate CA...I do...true story...
    Last edited by Condottiere SOG; February 02, 2014 at 06:38 AM.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast