Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Default Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

***UPDATED TUTORIAL***

This is not moddable into a .pack file and cannot be edited from the startpos file either, so this do it yourself guide is the only way to increase your units/army in campaign games.

Link below directs you to the post for the unit strength banner fix. Credits go to dmboss for the file. Place the .pack file in your Rome 2/data folder.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14117442

First step is downloading this software.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/files/EditSF/EditSF%201.0.7.zip/download

Once downloaded extract all files to a folder. Open the software EditSF and open your saved game campaign file.

It can be found here on Windows 8 C:>Users>USERNAME>AppData>Roaming>The Creative Assembly>Rome 2> save_games .

Once you open the save game file in EditSF navigate to the Campaign_Save_Game>Compressed_Data>Campaign_Env>Campaign_Model subfolder. Under this tab you will see two values labeled 20.

The top value represents your land unit limits the bottom value represents your naval unit limits. As you can see I've set mine to 40 land and 30 naval.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    So now when you go in-game your single general will now be able to recruit 40 units as seen below.
    And finally here it is in battle with all 40 units under one command tab! My army fell under disease waiting to recruit for this thread therefore the half unit sizes.
    Last edited by Epic28; October 15, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

what a clever fellow you are, here have some rep +
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Epic28's Avatar Senator

This site is running terrible right now and the entire formatting of posting is broken. Theres the link for the EditSF software.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/files/EditSF/EditSF%201.0.7.zip/download
    All war depends upon it.

Good job man.

So how to increase unit size? I want to play with units between 240 and 420 men.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Arcani 4 Ever View Post
    So how to increase unit size? I want to play with units between 240 and 420 men.
    From your save game file in SFEdit navigate to this folder..

Campaign_Save_Game>Compressed_Data>Campaign_Env>Campaign_setup/Campaign_setup_options

The second column down has a value listed as 1. This is the multiplier. So editing that value to 2 will double the standard unit size from 160 to 320 men per unit.
    Last edited by Epic28; September 06, 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    All war depends upon it.

when i click on the campaign env folder only a true and false value shows up there is nothing like the pic you posted

Well I'll be damned!

Question is can the AI be modified to build this many units per general???

This is soooooo much better than modifying unit numbers. Its easier for the pathfinding to control 40 units instead of 20 units with 240 each.

Good on you mate!

awesome!
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Epic28's Avatar Senator

@ryanc522
    Sorry it should be under Campaign_Model not Campaign_Env. Fixed the location in OP.

@Osseon
    Yes, this will modified the AI's unit limit per army as well. Unfortunately I cannot say what issues this may present late in campaign gameplay. Hopefully 40v40 battles between only two armies!
    All war depends upon it.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

I've noticed that the unit flag on the campaign map completely fills up the faction emblem. Half is the golden bars. The other half is just black. So a full 40 stack under one general will not really have the faction logo in the unit banner on the campaign map.
    All war depends upon it.

Can this be changed in startpos.esf?

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

And in some minutes we will read: This stupid CA. I'm playing with 40 units (500 men per unit) and this fu... game have lags on extrem graphic settings.

Nice CA have the option to change unit number.

How do react AI on this? Do they also recruit 40 units?
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Cool, well done.
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

very well! but...if we have a 2 armies vs 2 armies? have we a 80 units vs 80 units battle?

Well done m8

One thing requested uselessly for ages to CA solved by a customer just one day after release... nothing really new here. And still someone who loves vanilla...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    Well done m8

One thing requested uselessly for ages to CA solved by a customer just one day after release... nothing really new here. And still someone who loves vanilla...
    CA don't only cater to players with high spec pcs you know, god be damned if they put in a fixed 40 as default I'll sure as hell won't be able to run the battles at all.
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Incredible! Have you tried two 40 stacks at once?

Quote Originally Posted by jtfjtfjtf View Post
    Incredible! Have you tried two 40 stacks at once?
    It's great that CA added options for this.Is the limit completely arbritary? Does the UI scale properly at any setting even if a little squashed, or are there just 2 preset UIs for 20 max units and 40?

So I decided to try this out with 40 unit stacks and it works.

Some notes:
    The UI on the campaign map just squashes everything together the more units you recruit. So if you're on a lower resolution like 1280x1024 you won't really be able to see the unit cards with 40, though you can just hover over the slivers to see the names.

The max number of units on the battlefield is still 40. So no 80 controllable units. The extra 40 units will come in like the old style reinforcements once units from the first 40 start leaving the battlefield. This also means no combined land/sea battles if you have a full 40 navy stack and a full 40 land stack.

The flag of a unit just just starts filling with black once you go over 20 units.

Personally i'm loving this. The ability to make 40 unit armies and deploy them all together, especially with the limited armies, is a fun option.

Off Topic: The city of Rome in-game is pretty nice and very complex looking. I'm kind of sad I won't be able to conquer it with 80 units on the field.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast