Thread: Battle AI is BAD...i mean REALLY BAD

Default Battle AI is BAD...i mean REALLY BAD

The Battle AI in Rome 2 is so damn stupid... even if you try to lose you will win...Anyone else dissapointed ?I mean ,CA said they are working on it.... what a joke...

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Battle AI is BAD...i mean REALLY BAD

Its a total war game...The AI of all the latest games have been just terrible.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    Its a total war game...The AI of all the latest games have been just terrible.
    I beg to differ. Shogun II had a good AI compared to other games. Still, the first (and second) games' AI is still unmatched. Shogun 1 and Medieval 1 had the best AI in TW games of all time.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hadrian View Post
    I beg to differ. Shogun II had a good AI compared to other games. Still, the first (and second) games' AI is still unmatched. Shogun 1 and Medieval 1 had the best AI in TW games of all time.
    God, I loved shogun 1. I played it as long as I could. I wish they'd rerelease it but with the screen optimized for widescreen/ maybe some graphical updates.

Did u even played ? i mean not on easy diff ? what the heck are u talking about ? new AI is really good, i didn't loose a battle on Hard yet but it's only becuse luck and great tactis + i didn't even fought with strong empires near me ( playing as Rome) but i almost lost half of Italy when AI did attack me from 3 sides at same time.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

dom385's Avatar Senator

To be honest I've actually have a decent experience with the ai, it's definitely improved on the campaign map and it behaves reasonably intelligently on the battle map. It's kind of hard to tell in battles because they're over so ridiculously fast. I mean I'm not going to say this game doesn't have problems but I don't think it's as bad as some of the drama queens of here make out.

gunnergoz's Avatar Foederatus

If a poster only posts to complain without giving specific examples - the more the better - from actual gameplay, then the post is IMO simply a troll.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by gunnergoz View Post
    If a poster only posts to complain without giving specific examples - the more the better - from actual gameplay, then the post is IMO simply a troll.
    Then, according to your logic, it turns out that 90% of the forum is made up of those you call 'trolls'?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Sparta Legendary campaign here, 8 times out of 10 AI is pretty damn good. It's flanking me constantly and has caused units to rout in almost every battle.

My only complaint is the victory point nonsense, sometimes the AI just charge to it and you can't kill them before they Win which is just stupid especially if the AI out number you and sometimes the victory point is located in really bad positions such as at the base of a hill and to make matters worse the AI spawns on top of the hill, If you move into a better position the above happens and you just instantly lose.

Surely the defensive army should have control of the hill or at least have there victory point in a smart location.