Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unit_multiplier

Default Re: Unit_multiplier

well this is a bit crappy of them ,, not impressed,, no unit multiplyer

so far, packfileManager 2.4.1 won't work, but EditSF_1.07 seems works, I have changed the campaign unit size and unit experience. campaign multiplier doesn't work, unit scale doesn't work if set >3.0

The program EditSF 1.0.7 works in Rome 2. I put in a save game - 40 units in the аrmy and 30 units for the fleet.
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Awesome news! will give it a try now. does anyone know when they release day 1 patch?
    update: 40 unit fix works!
    Last edited by Mr.Freud; September 03, 2013 at 09:14 AM.

Having 40 units is hard to micromanage. Is there a work around to change the unit sizes? Using 160 men per unit looks ridiculous especially with phalanxes.

Caesar_1991's Avatar Miles

my save file wont load in the editor. Any help?

i am using 40 units now, this is at least better than 20 units on vanilla sizes. Make sure you use the updated editor on this page http://sourceforge.net/projects/pack...7.zip/download

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Do the AI also use the 40 unit sizes?

yes

Epic28's Avatar Senator

I am in the office now and can't do any editing of my own to the game just yet. Can someone give me an overall run-down of what we are seeing with unit sizes??Sounds like anything over the multiplier of 3.0 causes issues. Does a multiplier of 1.5 or 2.0 work for you guys in battle and campaign??Did you guys already mod the campaign to allow 40 unit recruitment under one general? Now I am getting excited, good work lads!
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

But where we can find the campaign_unit_multiplier?

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    I am in the office now and can't do any editing of my own to the game just yet. Can someone give me an overall run-down of what we are seeing with unit sizes??Sounds like anything over the multiplier of 3.0 causes issues. Does a multiplier of 1.5 or 2.0 work for you guys in battle and campaign??Did you guys already mod the campaign to allow 40 unit recruitment under one general? Now I am getting excited, good work lads!
    No no, the unit_multiplier is simply gone, meaning we currently don't know how to increase unit sizes without modding the unit_stats file in the packs -- for which we need a new/updated pack file manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    No no, the unit_multiplier is simply gone, meaning we currently don't know how to increase unit sizes without modding the unit_stats file in the packs -- for which we need a new/updated pack file manager. Increasing the size of armies from 20 units to 40 is done through editing campaign_model entry in the esf editor, that still works, but units are still painfully tiny.

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Why would Jamie Ferguson say we can "tweak the preference to our needs" when the multiplier has been taken out altogether?

The unit multiplier isn't something you just forget to put in. My faith in CA is still intact, just don't know for how long.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Take the game back to the stores and get a refund imo.I told you all not to buy this junk which is clearly in alpha!

I mean no SLI or not unit multiplier wut?
    3570K 4700mhz cooled with Corsair H80 // Asus Z77 // MSI GTX 580
    16GB 2400mhz DDR3 // Crucial M4 256GB Raid 0 // Dell 2007WFP

What file do we open with the 1.07 program? And what numbers do we change, anybody?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33 View Post
    The game won't load battles if you set it over 3 (and presumably 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freud View Post
    yeah it does. set mine to 4 - and had over 9999 men in a unit lol
    Quote Originally Posted by perablenta View Post
    try this ones:gfx_unit_size 3; # gfx_unit_size , Set unit size. 0 - small, 3 - ultra #gfx_fleet_size 2; # gfx_fleet_size , Set fleet size. 0 - small, 2 - large #might be possible to try 4 or 5 to get more men per unit. But I haven't tried it yet.
    Ok how did you guyz get your unit sizes to increase??? And how can i get 40 units per stack??
    To offend us is to offend God

It's impossible to increase unit_sizes without modding. Read above posts to find out how to get 40 unit stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freud View Post
    Awesome news! will give it a try now. does anyone know when they release day 1 patch?
    update: 40 unit fix works!
    Can anybody give a quick description how to edit this so I can have 40 unit cards? I assume load my savegame in the editor, but what values do I have to change where? Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast