View Poll Results: Do you support a precision strike on Syrian military targets against the use of chemical weapons?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do support a military strike.

56 23.05%
  • No, I do not support a military strike due to a lack of evidence.

35 14.40%
  • No, I do not support a military strike regardless of the evidence.

123 50.62%
  • Not sure.

12 4.94%
  • Don't care.

17 7.00%
Page 80 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3055707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2096

Thread: The Syrian Civil War Thread - part 2

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Syrian Civil War Thread - part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    lol saeed is a male name, her name was Mervit as the picture says, saeed is her father.
    dammit, i shouldn't trust western news agencies

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    the pic doesn't make sense, it says she died while doing her national duty with the Shabbeeha (Assad's supporters) but then it says she was a lieutenant with no Honor, how can this be?
    It's from the FSA website, of course they besmear her name
    Last edited by Mayer; July 20, 2014 at 09:18 PM.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

As I recall, Assad senior and Gaddafi both had female brigades.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

@Mayer

of course, but to say she died while preforming her "national duty" isn't a smart thing to say if you want to besmear enemies.

Last night, border troops of Turkey saw a group trying to enter Turkey illegally. The group/smugglers fired to the border troops; two dead soldiers and one wounded. Later, the group escaped back to Syria. The military announced it is estimated terrorists lost 6 dead at least. The military says the group belongs to PKK/PYD.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    Last night, border troops of Turkey saw a group trying to enter Turkey illegally. The group/smugglers fired to the border troops; two dead soldiers and one wounded. Later, the group escaped back to Syria. The military announced it is estimated terrorists lost 6 dead at least. The military says the group belongs to PKK/PYD.
    Kurds get to eat lead while salafi extremists get fire support. Sounds legit.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Quote Originally Posted by wilpuri View Post
    Kurds get to eat lead while salafi extremists get fire support. Sounds legit.
    Did you read my post. Those PKK/PYD smugglers killed two Turkish soldiers. What should Border Guard needs to do? Throw back roses?

And giving fire support to Salafies? It is very idiotic to claim that. Turkey does not give fire support to any one at Syria. I hope that those PKK scum and ISIS scum eliminate each other.

So shooting down that Syrian jet over Kasab as Chechen scum poured over from Turkey was throwing roses?
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

So shooting down that Syrian jet over Kasab as Chechen scum poured over from Turkey was throwing roses?
    1. We are not discussing about Kasab.
    About Kasab:
    2. No Chechen or other "scum" poured to Kasab from Turkey. It seems your map reading skill is poor. Or do you think the people on the Turkish side have no phones to record and post it to the tube?
    3. Turkish high command says they fired to Syrian plane when it is on Turkish side. I am sorry but I believe Turkish word over Syrian claims.

So, you are saying that PKK scum should have free to kill Turkish soldiers on border?

I don't know about this recent PKK incident but I'm generally critical of Turkey's role in Syria during the past few years, mainly because they have facilitated the rise of a salafi micro-state in Syria that isn't so micro any longer. And the Kasab pocket was not attacked from Turkey? Puh-leaze. I suppose they descended from the sky?

.....And the Kasab pocket was not attacked from Turkey? Puh-leaze. I suppose they descended from the sky?

From South-East. If you have bigger map you can see where they came. It is very curious that no body could not see that Chechen or other "scum" arrive and pass border, and no body able to film it, and post it on net, on Turkish side.

From South-East. If you have bigger map you can see where they came. It is very curious that no body could not see that Chechen or other "scum" arrive and pass border, and no body able to film it, and post it on net, on Turkish side.
    So they walked around Kasab and attacked it from the north?

Mehmet Ali Edipoglu, a member of the parliamentary Foreign Affairs Committee was in Hatay for a while to find out what was happening. He sent me an email: “We went to the villages of Gozlekciler and Candir as well as the Teknecik outpost. We were stopped by soldiers. We were upset by their warnings that our lives could be in danger. But in the areas they didn’t let us enter and even in the areas used by the soldiers, Syrian-plated cars were roaming about. According to information from villagers, thousands of fighters coming from Turkey crossed the border at at least five different points to launch the attack on Kassab. We ourselves observed dozens of Syrian- plated cars nonstop transporting terrorists and firing into the Syrian outpost from the military road between Gozlekciler village and our military base at Kayapinar.”
    http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/secu...#ixzz38DCNo2ZT

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

They did not come from Turkey? Pretty sad to see Turkey supporting Al-Nusra terrorists

In the early hours of 21 March 2014, rebel fighters led by the Al-Nusra front advanced from Turkish territory and attacked the Kasab border crossing with Turkey. The fighters reportedly crossed into Syria from the village of Gözlekçiler. Turkish MP Mehmet Ali Edipoglu, visiting the Turkish side of the border several days after the attack began, said locals told him that "thousands of fighters coming from Turkey crossed the border at least five different points to launch the attack on Kassab".[47][48]
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

islamic gommunism
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

@ Mayer, My comments is inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    islamic gommunism
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You should add more fat metinks. I believe he is getting more authoritarian day by day, however I think he is not at the level of Dong! yet.

This is from a famous poem of Ziya Gökalp (one of the builders of Turkish nationalism). Because Erdoğan recited this poem back when he was the mayor of Istanbul at a public meeting, he did went to prison for some years. Because he recited a poem. Do you want to kill him now because he recited this poem back at 90s?

@wilpuri, @Aspasia,

It is a wonder all your sources points two articles of Al-monitor. And in them there is only same accusation from some Alawite villagers. It is very curious that, in the internet and video-recorder-phone age, no one did not record those huge people transfer with guns and technicals, and gasp! tanks? Considering the mentioned region IS the heartland of Turkish Arab Alawite citizens. Try harder please.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

@wilpuri, @Aspasia,

It is a wonder all your sources points two articles of Al-monitor. And in them there is only same accusation from some Alawite villagers. It is very curious that, in the internet and video-recorder-phone age, no one did not record those huge people transfer with guns and technicals, and gasp! tanks? Considering the mentioned region IS the heartland of Turkish Arab Alawite citizens. Try harder please.
    Here you go,

Source

On the afternoon of March 20th, Turkish frontier guards began to leave their posts.“We observed these movements and understood that things were not normal and called the Syrian authorities, who said wait to see what will happen,” said Zarmik. Between 3.30am and 4am, the Syrians sent a group to investigate and a gunfight ensued.
    Bombardment began from the Turkish side and insurgents invaded at 5.30am. Afraid they would be killed or taken hostage, the Armenians fled, some in their pyjamas.
    “We did not close our doors or bring my pick-up,” Zarmik said. He squeezed his wife, three children, mother, mother-in-law and aunt into his car and drove to the edge of the enclave where the people of Kessab waited, hoping to go home.
    Do you have any source (besides gov claims) that the rebels came from the east (idlib)?
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; July 22, 2014 at 02:49 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

I actually saw footage of fighters walking past Turkish soldiers at the border. I have looked for it for like 45 minutes. Will try again later.

Also lol @ Ziya Gökalp. Self-hating Zaza loser.
    Miss me yet?

454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

@wilpuri, @Aspasia,

Here's the Telegraph:

Turkey facilitated an attack carried out by Islamist fighters against the Armenian town of Kasab inside Syria, eyewitnesses have told the Telegraph.

In an operation that was months in the planning, Turkish authorities gave rebel groups the mandate they needed to attack, allowing them access through a heavily militarised Turkish border post, whose location was strategically vital to the success of the assault.

"Turkey did us a big favour," said a Syrian activist with the rebel group, whose name the Telegraph knows but has been asked not to reveal. "They allowed our guys to enter from their border post.

"We needed to hit the regime from different sides and this was the only way from near the coast, so it was a big help."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...rian-town.html

So the Syrians are saying they came from Turkey, the "Syrian" rebels are saying they came from Turkey, a Turkish politician witnessed it himself and spoke about it, Wikipedia is saying they came from Turkey, eyewitnesses told Western and local media they came from Turkey.

Besides, Kasab is only one incident in the bigger picture of Turkish meddling in Syria.
    Last edited by wilpuri; July 23, 2014 at 09:20 AM.

Darkoush, Azmarin, Harem and Salkin to the islamic state of Al-Nusra
    This war is going places

If they can hold this area the FSA in the north is going to have hard times

No maps for now but if Al-Nusra makes it own caliphate and FSA doesn't join it the guys from wikipedia has to make a new color to the map
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post

Clearly, they have no balls and afraid to face ISIS guys. But, no worries, I understand :p

Anyway, how could anyone supports using chemical weapons!? Seriously.