Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adult frustration.

AlexisonfireNZ's Avatar Foederatus

Default Adult frustration.

So I have this game and all I can do is twiddle my thumbs because people who bought the hard copy cannot pre-load it on steam. Does anyone have a valid reason for this blasphemy? This kind of action is making stores go out of business and alienating people like me who want the physical copy of a game!

./rant

Default Re: Adult frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisonfireNZ View Post
    So I have this game and all I can do is twiddle my thumbs because people who bought the hard copy cannot pre-load it on steam. Does anyone have a valid reason for this blasphemy? This kind of action is making stores go out of business and alienating people like me who want the physical copy of a game!

./rant
    Preloading is basically downloading the installer, which you already have on the physical disc.

dont buy a pyhsical copy then personally I dont know why people like buying pysical copies its just piece of paper and box you will look at it and throw it away after couple of days (if game reaches you of course) game is what matters...

Pysical Copy 90 TL = 45 $

Steam Key 60 TL = 30 $ (thats what I get )

No way that I am paying extra 15 $ dolars for a box also wait to be shipped and raech home !!!

Edit:I bought only one pysical copy of a total war game(months after release bought from store it was on a discount) and you know what I dont know where the box is as long as game is in my steam account thats fine for me...
    Last edited by fizy45; September 02, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

Physical copies of PC games/console games are not what they used to be, companies want to minimize the cost they have on shipping out the product (cost of the discs ect.) Also the days of the old boxed copies with the 30+ page manual are gone and have went the digital route its just a sign of the times. Besides I think once you install the game onto the steam account there really is no point in having the boxed copy as you will have a digital version to download via steam.

Quote Originally Posted by ML101 View Post
    Physical copies of PC games/console games are not what they used to be, companies want to minimize the cost they have on shipping out the product (cost of the discs ect.) Also the days of the old boxed copies with the 30+ page manual are gone and have went the digital route its just a sign of the times. Besides I think once you install the game onto the steam account there really is no point in having the boxed copy as you will have a digital version to download via steam.
    True enough. I remember when computer games came in the big boxes with the big manuals. I used to love reading them while on the toilet. They then went to the smaller sized box, with the smaller manual, and eventually got rid of the manual all together and just stuck in an internet link. I suppose it saves trees.

omzdog's Avatar Campidoctor

Consumer choice they say.
    In which way do you prefer your exploitation?

I put the code in from my physical copy and was able to preload it.

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    dont buy a pyhsical copy then personally I dont know why people like buying pysical copies its just piece of paper and box you will look at it and throw it away after couple of days (if game reaches you of course) game is what matters...

Pysical Copy 90 TL = 45 $

Steam Key 60 TL = 30 $ (thats what I get )

No way that I am paying extra 15 $ dolars for a box also wait to be shipped and raech home !!!

Edit:I bought only one pysical copy of a total war game(months after release bought from store it was on a discount) and you know what I dont know where the box is as long as game is in my steam account thats fine for me...
    Why the hell would someone throw away the game case? Physical copies are more about collecting then anything else now a days. I usually buy a store copy but i don't see the point cause i get most computer games on steam now with the awesome sales.

I understand the whole 'if you don't like it, don't do it' argument but still I am angry because there's like over 3 hours left till I can install it. Then I gotta download the patch and who knows how big or small it will be and New Zealand having the slowest internet connection after Zimbabwe, I don't know...Just really tired from gym and the late night youtube watching I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    True enough. I remember when computer games came in the big boxes with the big manuals. I used to love reading them while on the toilet. They then went to the smaller sized box, with the smaller manual, and eventually got rid of the manual all together and just stuck in an internet link. I suppose it saves trees.
    Which we can now read from the toilet via smart phones!

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Which we can now read from the toilet via smart phones!

Technology overwhelming!!!!!!

qounqer's Avatar Libertus

i thought by "adult frustration" you meant something like "errngh"

Ugh...I guess it doesn't surprise me that people are so near-sided they can't see past their own privileged selves. I live 15 mins up the road from the Silicon Valley in the hills in a nice house. The internet
    up here sucks though, and I'm lucky to get 1 to 3 megabit speed. You know how long it would take me to download 35 gigs over a 1 mb connection? Friggin days of leaving the computer on day and night while sucking up all the bandwith away from my family. Physical discs are a necessity still...and I'm not just talking about third world areas or the sticks...really fast internet is still not available in 60% of the country. So when you guys that say you can't believe they are still sold...try looking outside of your own privileged world.

Quote Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
    Ugh...I guess it doesn't surprise me that people are so near-sided they can't see past their own privileged selves. I live 15 mins up the road from the Silicon Valley in the hills in a nice house. The internet
    up here sucks though, and I'm lucky to get 1 to 3 megabit speed. You know how long it would take me to download 35 gigs over a 1 mb connection? Friggin days of leaving the computer on day and night while sucking up all the bandwith away from my family. Physical discs are a necessity still...and I'm not just talking about third world areas or the sticks...really fast internet is still not available in 60% of the country. So when you guys that say you can't believe they are still sold...try looking outside of your own privileged world.
    Luckily you only need to download 9.9 gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by qounqer View Post
    i thought by "adult frustration" you meant something like "errngh"

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by yutterh View Post
    Why the hell would someone throw away the game case? Physical copies are more about collecting then anything else now a days. I usually buy a store copy but i don't see the point cause i get most computer games on steam now with the awesome sales.
    I dont know where it is a year ago I forgot that I bought a hard copy and downloaded it by steam actually I didnt even go to the store to buy it I went there for another thing but I saw the game and bought it just to use awesome mods on this forum...

You say that is slow but here in New Zealand, the average speeds are like 600-800kbs so downloading even 1gb is a task in itself. When I'm back home, it takes like 1 min with Korean internet.

His speed is about the same as mine, I downloaded the game just fine.

You have an internet 1 - 3 mb speed and you are complaining I have 1.2 mb max download speed I am still downloading games if you were in my place you would probably go out and buy the whole store

Heh, I haven't bought a physical game since Medieval 2. My privileged world includes downloading games over a dial up connection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast