Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carthage , seleucid, greek units

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default carthage , seleucid, greek units

I added 1 unit to carthage, sacred band inf unit. A slight modification of one of De Bello Mundo's cav units. Can be trained wherever the sacred band cav are trained. Armed with spear for a primary weapon and sword for secondary.
    a pic of the sacred band inf --

===============

update - sacred band inf files (just copy and paste data folder over your De Bello Mundo data folder. NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE.
    Folder contains edu, modeldb, modified mesh, modified export_descr_buildings and modified texture files. These are originally from the De Bello Mundo's mod files. Feel free to change whatever you wish.

=============

patch 2

patch 2 contains patch 1 plus the spartan unit.

NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE.

====================

A few more units I have added to my version of DBM.

Merc Imitation legionaire (carthage)
    heavy peltastai (seleucid)

patch 4 - approx 4.7Mb in size contains material from patch 1 and 2
    just copy and paste
    not game save compatible

=============

patch 5 - includes all of patch 4 plus hypaspist unit (jav and sword) for macedon, greeks and seleucids -- 5 units total

just copy and paste over the data folder

=================
    [ATTACH]
    patch 6 - Includes all of patch 5 plus Furin's roman reforms fix -
    post #20

patch 6 is attached on post 20

-=================

patch 7 is attached to post 34

includes patch 6 plus 2 new units for armenia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hypaspist1.jpg   spartan2.jpg   selpeltast.jpg   ILegion1.jpg   sacband_inf1.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by midnite; April 14, 2014 at 12:53 AM.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: carthage unit

beautiful!

Very Good!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

updated post 1
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: carthage sacred band and spartan unit

post 1 updated

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for this it will help pass the time till Rome 2. Would you consider modifying your Spartans to have a few pilos helms and give them bronze greaves and not iron or silvered greaves.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    Thanks for this it will help pass the time till Rome 2. Would you consider modifying your Spartans to have a few pilos helms and give them bronze greaves and not iron or silvered greaves.
    Try this patch out instead of patch 2

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Patch 3 changes the Thracian helm out for the pelos. The greaves remain unchanged and the pelos is off centered on the head (you can see the forehead poking out of the helm). It also need to have the cheek pieces removed.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    Patch 3 changes the Thracian helm out for the pelos. The greaves remain unchanged and the pelos is off centered on the head (you can see the forehead poking out of the helm). It also need to have the cheek pieces removed.
    I will check it out in a bit!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

What units is Carthage missing? Names? Pics?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not sure about Carthage, but Seleukids could do with some attention

midnite's Avatar Citizen

A numidian imitation legion merc unit for carthage. Still a wip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ILegion1.jpg  

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: carthage , seleucid, greek units

edited post 1

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looking good, keep them coming +REP
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 18, 2013 at 03:37 AM.

Great units, Carthage definitely needed some love. I have a request/suggestion/hands and knees plea, there is a Macedonian Hypaspist unit already in the game, it's already in the bm.db, and the textures an stuff are there too. It just needs and edu entry, put in edb, and some unit cards. I've already enabled them in my mod, but the faces are messed up(they are blacked out), and I don't know how to fix it. They are equipped with just swords, but they should have javelins too if it's not too much work. The successor factions are already packed with spears, but they desperately need a sword unit, I guess the devs just forgot about it or something. In my install, I've made them recruitable for Macedon, Seleucid and Ptolemies, and just this one sword unit makes a huge difference and should have been there in the first place. I think it would be a great addition to your unit pack and most of the work is already done. Thanks.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Great units, Carthage definitely needed some love. I have a request/suggestion/hands and knees plea, there is a Macedonian Hypaspist unit already in the game, it's already in the bm.db, and the textures an stuff are there too. It just needs and edu entry, put in edb, and some unit cards. I've already enabled them in my mod, but the faces are messed up(they are blacked out), and I don't know how to fix it. They are equipped with just swords, but they should have javelins too if it's not too much work. The successor factions are already packed with spears, but they desperately need a sword unit, I guess the devs just forgot about it or something. In my install, I've made them recruitable for Macedon, Seleucid and Ptolemies, and just this one sword unit makes a huge difference and should have been there in the first place. I think it would be a great addition to your unit pack and most of the work is already done. Thanks.

working on it!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

edited post 1 for new patch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hypaspist1.jpg  
    Last edited by midnite; September 20, 2013 at 02:01 AM.

You are the man, thanks for this, up rep.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Wow. Nice I love it, I hope you'll don't end it all even if rome 2 has come out.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

added patch 6
    Thanks to Furin, patch 6 includes patch five plus Furin's roman reforms fix. Save games will not work!

If anyone has any ideas for new units, post away.
    Last edited by midnite; November 09, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast