Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faster Battles Submod for RS2.6

Default Faster Battles Submod for RS2.6

We know that some of you want faster battles - personally I prefer them as they are, but due to popular demand, here is a submod that does just that.

What does this do?

Unit lethality increased by 25%
    Morale reduced by 1

Should result in faster battles!

How to install

1) Go to your /data/_IMPORTANT_STUFF folder and open the "EDU changes" folder.

2) Delete everything in the "EDU changes" folder

3) Unzip the attached file into your /data/_IMPORTANT_STUFF folder

4) There should now be two folders inside the "EDU changes" folder - "Default" and "Higher_lethality" with folders for each of the campaigns needing an export_descr_unit.txt (EDU) file

5) Copy and paste the export_descr_unit.txt file you need into the corresponding folder in your installation.....most campaigns unless specifically listed here, use the default EDU file which is found in the root /data folder of your RS2.6 installation.

6) These campaigns require a specific EDU and have all been included in this submod:
    • Bithynia
    • Bosphoran Kingdom
    • Capua
    • Galatia
    • Massalia
    • One Turn (generic)
    • Parthia
    • Rome
    • Rome One Turn
    • Sarmatia
    • Scythia
    • Syracuse

7) If you want to return to the default settings they're the ones in the "Default" folder
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tone; September 01, 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Faster Battles Submod for RS2.6

Thanks for this.

Civis

Thanks Tone, this is very nice.

Thanks a lot.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Hi tone, thanks for your work along with the rest of the teams hard work in making patch 2.6. I was just wondering if you could post up the edu spreadsheet you use to edit unit stats like you did for 2.5. Cheers

Will do

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Hi bro. I can't download this file. Can you add another download link ?

Ups ! I did ! Link working. Sorry my fail... And sorry flood. And sorry my bad Eng

It kinda still very slowly...

Can anyone confirm if this actually work? If anything the battle even seems to take longer with this! It's practically impossible to play sieges now, since it now takes at least an hour to finish it.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

gonna try the mod again with this. I really, really hate the 40+ mins avg battles. this could save the mod for me, because I really like the buildings system/economy in this mod.

question: if I find the killrates to be still too slow, what do I need to change? I know it is the edu file, but what part do I need to change? I completely forgot how to mod rome 1 files I kinda want 20 mins max for battles.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

my bad english make this hard for me hehe. Ive completed step 1-4 but on 5 im not sure. Im playing as rome in a 0 turn campaign so should i get the export_descr_unit from "higher lethality/data" or from "higher lethality/Play_rome/data" and where should i put it =) Again im so sorry, but i dont wanna install this wrong and screw everything up...=)

The download link doesn't work anymore, can you re-post it please ?

hey this link does not work where can I download this submod???

The link seems to be broken (all I get is a 1x1 .gif image when I click on it) is there any other way to get this mod?

the link seems to work again but I (like dafuu) cannot understand what point 5 means

5) Copy and paste the export_descr_unit.txt file you need into the corresponding folder in your installation.....most campaigns unless specifically listed here, use the default EDU file which is found in the root /data folder of your RS2.6 installation.

I have to copy and paste what? which of the the export_descr_unit.txt file in what installation ??? I have already installed the game and I do not see any installation folder

I am playing Sparta 1 turn campaign
    Last edited by Darkcrusader8; September 27, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusader8 View Post
    the link seems to work again but I (like dafuu) cannot understand what point 5 means

I have to copy and paste what? which of the the export_descr_unit.txt file in what installation ??? I have already installed the game and I do not see any installation folder

I am playing Sparta 1 turn campaign
    Paste the export_descr_unit.txt from the Play_One_Turn folder in the patch into RTW\Play_One_Turn\data folder.

Make a backup of the original first.

edit - delete the map.rwm before restarting your game.
    Last edited by Primative1; September 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

I would really like to use this mod, but the description regarding installation - well it's just not enough to know what to do.

I play Roman O-turn and don't know what to put in what folder after step 4 ... really "corresponding folder" = ???
    PLEASE just name which file I have to put into WHICH folder, make it clear

Edit:

1. Don't know Which file I need - the one from "higher_lethality/data" or the one from "higher_lethality/Play_Rome/data
    2. Don't know where to put that file to: to "RSII/data" or "RSII/Play_Rome/data"

or do i need to copy more than one file ?

AND: why do i have to delete the files in EDU changes anyway, when after that having to manually copy-paste some of that files to another folder ???
    (Sry, no offence, I'm just curious .... )

Thnx to everyone who can help
    Last edited by tobi_808; September 29, 2013 at 07:33 PM.

As above;

Paste the export_descr_unit.txt from the Play_Rome folder in the patch into RTW\Play_Rome\data folder.

Make a backup of the original first.

Delete the map.rwm before restarting your game.

Hi,I can't seem to download your file.The download page just remains blank and it doesn't start any download.Is this my problem or is something wrong with the file?Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast