Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] The Rome 2 Total Realism Team would like to introduce itself to you!

Artifex

Default Re: [Announcement] The Rome 2 Total Realism Team would like to introduce itself to you!

Glad to see that you are going to fix the game. I hate Creative Assembly's arcade gameplay. What's the point in 30 second battles? And why are ranged troops deadly sharpshooters ignoring armour?
    I'm sure you will deliver us a great mod in the tradition of the excellent Empire Realism.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: [Announcement] The Rome 2 Total Realism Team would like to introduce itself to you!

For those of you wondering at the current product, there hasn't been a great deal of work lately, but we have fixed a number of bugs, and I am at this moment sorting something out for the unit sizes. I may also add some extra units Anunnak has been pestering me about So, in essence, I can promise one more patch to round things off.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Hi guys, Well, I'm not a great poster on this forum but I'm a serious reader^^. I'm so glad to read that you have a project R2TR in mind. To be honest, my first TW game was RTW, which I loved, until I played RTR.. and then, it was a revelation : so much depth and accuracy (I remember especially the Marian reform and all the building stuff and management that differs in a very positive way from the vanilla). So, from that date, I only played modded TW games. Hope that you can handle that and reveal the full potential of ROME2 : CA made the body, and you will manufacture the full mind !!! May the force be with you

Looking forward to the next RTR!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Very promising team, I am sure something fruitfull will come out from this. Good luck mateys

now, thats one of the most convincing arguments to buy Rome 2 sometime in the future. a great news! good to see many of the veteran modders (DaVinci, Lesta, MasterofThessus, bucellarii...) still around and commiting to this project!:thumbsup2

the best of luck and hope you will manage to add realism and greater historical accuracy to what looks like an excessively "gamy" eye candy.

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

I can tell you guys just one thing: Good luck and please wait a little. First let's see how CA will respond to all of this bugs and issues with R2TW and if they fix it then start this mod.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

R2TR will not be about fixing the game. That's the job for CA.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I twittered you all, but gonna ask here as well:

What positions are currently open? What do you need help with?

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

As for now, the team is pretty much covered. We are in need of really talented and committed artists, these can send me a PM if they're interested and believe to have enough skills to take this on. In time we may open recruitment for Beta Testers. Watch our public media accounts for more info

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

excellent news,thats what rome2 really needs

O. M. G. Good luck guys!

Silent_Bob's Avatar Foederatus

Hey guys, im a long time lurker since 2008. rome total realism platinum was the first mod i have tried and got me into the modding community and since then i could never have played a vanilla total war again. So i just want to say thanks for improving my total war experience and making the series one of my favorite games. Im looking forward to this mod, for now radious will have to do.

I just wish somehow the Sparta trading will be fixed. Make sparta and crete its own province with Sparta as a capitol and a unique city , and Anthens and Rodos can be another province... There you go, no Sparta can trade with other people. Anyway, thats for CA to fix.

I just want to say good luck with this mod and I will probably come check in here on its progress more obsessed than how i am with EB2.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

To be honest any extensive map modding is way too far to talk about now as we will need official tool first and second most if not all updates will break the mod. With Rome II plan seems geared towards releasing playable factions this seems to change the startpost (like the world/map/campaign folder in RTW) with every release and will certainly need constant updating.

In any case I'm not official spoke person for R2TR so don't take my words as definite.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Super news!

Excellent news. I was hoping some of the major mod teams would make some announcement.

I have just started a new campaign with RTRVII. Although I have had this for a long time--I had to finish a couple other campaigns from your friendly competitors before I could begin. I always thought your large scale map was a good idea--and now that I'm playing it--it is very well done.

RTW 2 needs the caring touch of your team and a few others around here.

Thanks for all your efforts--past and future--truly appreciated.

A BIG Thx guys you people make this game much more worth

I still play RTR today, that's the best compliment i can give you guys i believe!
    And if i can help in any way, dont hesitate! (i'm a Finance guy so i dont know about programing! but i'm an addict to TW - played over 50 mods of the various titles - and strategy games, so whatever it is you think i can help with, just yell!

My day just got better

So it begins
    Last edited by Sphere; September 17, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

Errabundi's Avatar Miles

It's the best news I heard recently! Thank you so much!

As RTR for me is the best strategy game ever (I call it game by purpose!), now I have a reason to buy R2.
    So finally I bought Total War: Rome 2. Regarding I payed 7.5$ for it, it's not a bad game at all!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast