Thread: Choosing my religion, or how temple bonuses interact

Icon5 Choosing my religion, or how temple bonuses interact

So barracks/ranges/stables/etc give experience bonuses to units trained in them, forges and smithys give weapons and armor bonuses, some temples give weapon or armor bonuses, some temples give experience to certain types of units trained there, and some temples give experience to all units trained in that town. How exactly do these bonuses work?

-Do retrained units get the same bonuses as if they were trained in that town?
    -Does the newly trained (or retrained?)unit get the highest bonus available from any one building type or do they stack?
    -Do the bonuses from multiple temples stack or is the highest temple bonus used? I.e. an archer recruited in a town with a +1 exp to all units temple moves to a town with a +1 to archers temple and is retrained. Does that archer now have +2 exp or still +1?
    -Does the temple of cheap retraining remove previous temple exp bonuses? Would our archer from above get retrained as +0, +1, or +2?
    -Experience bonus is still capped at 9, right? So any bonus beyond that is wasted?
    -How do the armor bonuses work? A unit gets either its baseline armor or the sum of the smith and temple bonuses for the town, whichever is higher?
    -What's the armor bonus cap, 5/plate? Or does it continue to get better up to 9 but still use the plate graphics?

Assuming everything stacks, it seems as if the best plan is to build a temple of bonus experience for all in one town, along with all the types of recruitment buildings. Then have a temple of archers and an archery range in another town and send all the archers there for retraining to get more exp. Likewise for horse if there's a cavalry temple, ships and the naval temple, etc. Then reassemble the army and send it to a town with an armor temple and blacksmith, then another town with a weapons temple and forge, then finally to a town on the frontier with a retraining temple which becomes the base of operations for your war.

If a unit can only have one temple experience bonus, you save on building ranges, stables, etc. in your first town. Troops w specialty temples come only from the towns w those temples. Everybody meets at the weapons and armor towns before shipping out to the frontier retraining town.

If a unit can only have one temple bonus of any type, which should it be? Experience gives what, +1 to attack, defense, and morale right? If so it seems like it's not even a contest, experience to all is the way to go.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Choosing my religion, or how temple bonuses interact

Retrained units only get an experience bonus if they could be trained in the settlement.

The bonuses add up.

The maximum experience is 3 gold chevrons.

Armour bonuses give either 1 or 2 - 2.5 per colour.

I haven't played this mod, so I don't know what those temples are. In SS, though, if you recruit an archer unit from a city with a Minor Swordsmiths' Guild, it will get 1 bronze chevron. If you send that unit to a city with a Minor Woodsmen's Guild, it will not get any more experience. If you send it to a city with a Major Woodsmen's Guild, it will get an extra chevron.

Experience gives +1 attack, +1 defense, morale increase and increases accuracy for missile units in Medieval 2. In Kingdoms, it doesn't give +1 defense.