Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Three Kingdoms - Unit Roster Overhaul Preview

Default Re: Rise of Three Kingdoms - Unit Roster Overhaul Preview

Gong sun zan should get an elite cav unit called white riders if ther is not already

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

He already does
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

With the new unit system will bribed generals keep their original bodyguard or is it hardcoded that a bribed general gets generic bodyguard unit

I think you just need a less "neon" blue and green, right now they look like shields from Tron.

Quote Originally Posted by Gongsunzan View Post
    With the new unit system will bribed generals keep their original bodyguard or is it hardcoded that a bribed general gets generic bodyguard unit
    Hardcoded

yeah less Neon colors and more dull color please unless ancient china had neon color spay paint i am not aware of lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    yeah less Neon colors and more dull color please unless ancient china had neon color spay paint i am not aware of lol
    Can you 'explain' what you mean by less neon colors, like which models do you notice neon colors on?

EDIT: The new heavy revamp model is extra dark, just for you, so no worries about those upcoming models.

the red shields look to bright redish or to perfect color red, they kinda look like they were painted red with actual paint from home depot, blue/teal ones look cool but maybe dirty or darken the red ones a bit they look like a shield from Oblivion elder scrolls

I think the chinese did paint their sheilds. Alot of people painted wooden sheilds back then. Maybe just adding some weathered look to the sheild might make it look a bit cooler but I think the chinese armies were made to look "pretty" for lack of a better word. This just seems to be how the chinese were. Mixing art into everything they did.

Not only did the Han Chinese paint and lacquer their wooden shields, but for metal ones they also made engravings and simple artistic designs.

Although TBTWB already provided pictures of recovered Han dynasty lacquered and painted shields here and here, I found Han dynasty ceramics of soldiers. Note the shields the footmen are using:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But I will talk to TBTWB about making the wooden shields look more "weathered" and see what can be done.

yeah weathered is what i meant

Is it possible to make experience improve soldiers defense as well as attack? Might be hardcoded but a 9 cheveron unit only gets +3 attack which doesnt seem that elite. I know archers also gain accuracy with chevrons but i dont know if infantry can gain defense skill as a bonus?

Looks historical . Good job. +rep

http://historum.com/asian-history/57...-kingdoms.html

Thanks for the link Kong Ming, but we already have all of that information and a whole lot more

I'll give ya rep anyways

Is it possible to make experience improve soldiers defense as well as attack? Might be hardcoded but a 9 cheveron unit only gets +3 attack which doesnt seem that elite. I know archers also gain accuracy with chevrons but i dont know if infantry can gain defense skill as a bonus?
    It is hardcoded that chevrons improve melee attack. And I'm not even sure if Archers get improved accuracy, I'm pretty sure for all units it is improved melee attack (although I could be wrong).
    Last edited by Seether; August 31, 2013 at 08:15 AM.

havuk's Avatar Foederatus

very sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Thanks for the link Kong Ming, but we already have all of that information and a whole lot more

I'll give ya rep anyways
    Haha, i just meant that i looks historical according to that site.

Thanks for the rep btw.

actually i see his new shields used in ROTK 2010 lol

wow interest

Speaking on unit overhaul... Is there a way to make rattatan seem suseptible to fire? I know fire arrows are better on heavy armored troops so is there a way to make the armor stat really high so that fire arrows are the easiest way to kill them or would it make them too powerful?

also the nanman shoukd be focused on light infantry tactics and troops good at ambushing. Cavalry should be very minimal. Generals ahould be likely foot based or elephant mounted. I think you guys could have alot of fun with designing nanman units as they would consist of alot of specialty units. Charhing without orders would be a common stat for them and hides good in woods and maybe some hides anywhere units. Mayne a unit that chants to scare enemy and increase morale. Also the current elephants seem too big. I went to thailand and even the royal elephants are not that big. Maybe scale them down some?

Speaking on unit overhaul... Is there a way to make rattatan seem suseptible to fire? I know fire arrows are better on heavy armored troops so is there a way to make the armor stat really high so that fire arrows are the easiest way to kill them or would it make them too powerful?

also the nanman shoukd be focused on light infantry tactics and troops good at ambushing. Cavalry should be very minimal. Generals ahould be likely foot based or elephant mounted. I think you guys could have alot of fun with designing nanman units as they would consist of alot of specialty units. Charhing without orders would be a common stat for them and hides good in woods and maybe some hides anywhere units. Mayne a unit that chants to scare enemy and increase morale. Also the current elephants seem too big. I went to thailand and even the royal elephants are not that big. Maybe scale them down some?
    The scaring part every unit can have (I even got a few voiceovers for it), it wasn't special that you could scream and shout to scare off enemies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast