View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Default Re: The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.6 v1.1 RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    You will be able to play with the Reunited Kingdom from the start. You will still have to start with either Gondor or Eriador/Arnor and reform the RK via scripting.
    Cool, great to hear. Thanks Mike

Default Re: The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.6. Released!

Hi, the Hotfix link is broken; can you update please?

Not sure if related, but when I try and start an Eriodor Campaign, just returns to menu (worked fine before installing Reunited Kingdom; running on Mos 1.6.2).

Thanks...

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Current version complatible with MOS 1.6 only.
    Check OP for updated link for Hotfix.
    Incoming v1.2 is soon(actually everythins possibble is done, even beta-test+a lot of fixing and adding non-RK stuff).

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Good, I would like to play a serious V1.2 game instead of testing it.
    Stopped playing the current game (not RK) I'm playing because of too many battle crashes and a slight disappointment in the latest development of the mod in question.
    Looking forward to seeing the finished V1.2 soon.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    Current version complatible with MOS 1.6 only.
    Check OP for updated link for Hotfix.
    Incoming v1.2 is soon(actually everythins possibble is done, even beta-test+a lot of fixing and adding non-RK stuff).
    OK, thanks and sorry for confusion. Will look forward to the new version!

Any news on the 1.6.2 version please???

Quote Originally Posted by Chulain519 View Post
    Any news on the 1.6.2 version please???
    Still being worked on, an issue has arisen which I have no clue how to resolve so it may be awhile yet.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work, really appreciated. I guess I will just have to play another campaign and then commit to more months of my life once you finish!

Here are some screenshots to illustrate the progress made so far.

Victory Conditions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Comparison of Dale Barding Hird with Meadhros' Dale Armor Upgrades added:
    Added Atlas Information Building Images:
    In-Game Screenshots:
    One of Superant's added ancillaries (Champion) and a look at redone Dol Amroth Ancillaries:
    New Missions for the Reunited Kingdom:
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 11, 2014 at 08:00 PM.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

It looks like you're adding quite a bit to this. Cool, but I must ask, will it be compatible with dIRECTOR's Cut? I always considered that sort of an "update" to MOS, and it would be a pity if these didn't play well together.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    It looks like you're adding quite a bit to this. Cool, but I must ask, will it be compatible with dIRECTOR's Cut? I always considered that sort of an "update" to MOS, and it would be a pity if these didn't play well together.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Maverick View Post
    Will it work with Directors newest version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    Im 99% sure no. Also I know MG has did his own Mos 1.62.1 version and since he is a member of MOS he is able to make it an official(imo?).
    So RK submod will be compatible with MG's latest patch and if MG decide to include director's stuff, of course it will be compatible. If not, we'll think about make special release complatible with dIRECT0R's release.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Oh, I'm sorry. I really should have read around before asking. Thanks.

EDIT: My big thing that I would really like to see are dIRECTOR's model changes. I don't recall Gondorian troops from vanilla MOS (it's been a long time) but I think IIRC that they looked like they do in the movies at base, while currently on my TATW with dIRECTOR's they wear (more lore accurate) chainmail and surcoats until they get armor upgrades. It would be really cool I think to implement that, and I wouldn't want to lose that. If that was already in vanilla MOS and won't be changed, I apologize for bothering you. If the armor upgrade system was new with dIRECTOR's, I may just have to wait for a patch or figure out how to merge them myself.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; June 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

What can I say, you have to watch which models have been changed and put them from Dir'Cut(DC?) to RK with using "Replace All". If you'll replace already created models and textures it won't occur any bugs.

True, but then the armor upgrades would be lost. Is it possible to implement parts of this without all of it? Say, the scripts and missions, but not the units?

i think it might be harder than it looks. This mod changes quite a lot. You will need some decent modding knowledge...

I have some working knowledge. It ought to be fairly simple, one would simply add armor upgrade models to the Gondorian troops in EDU and then make the necessary changes in battle_models, of course adding the models and textures to the respective folders.

After spending many hours between Jox25 and myself, this update for MOS 1.62 should be released in a day or two barring any unforeseen issues. Please rep the playtesters: Greymane, Veteraan and manekemaan, without whom many issues would still be present in the game. Really the only thing holding the release up is the write up that needs to be done which is a work in progress covering the following: the additional FAR Launchers and their correct use, credits, other features, and something else I can't remember.

Here are some screen shots showing completed missions, here is the first mission for Gondor and/or the Reunited Kingdom:
    Mission Accomplished!
    Next Mission:
    Here is the AOR (Area of Recruitment) for Arnor/Eriador and Gondor. Out side these areas no recruiting can take place for the Reunited Kingdom as this reflects the maximium limits+ of these kingdoms historical areas. If there is a demand then these areas can be expanded however I would recommend at least trying these limits out first.
    Apologies for the lackluster freehand artwork!
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 11, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

Great news! But I'd suggest removing Mordor, Harad, Rhovanion, the far North of Eriador (e.g. Carn Dum) and maybe even bits of Enedwaith as AOR areas, as it seems a bit much at the moment Only to make it a challenge if nothing else

Oh hmm, "no recruitment" outside those areas, nevermind, I thought it was for special units. durrrr. nevermind what i said

and ignore the double post, noobs can't edit posts..

On behalf of Jox25 and myself, we are happy to present the Reunited Kingdom Submod for MOS 1.62

REUNITED KINGDOM SUBMOD for MOS 1.62 NOTES
    INSTALLATION NOTES –

- Download Link: Media Fire
    - A clean install of Third Age Total War 3.2.
    - MOS 1.62 with at least Hotfix 1, and Fotfix 2 installed
    - Install this submod in the same folder that your MOS 1.62 is installed in.
    - Play

FAR LAUNCHERS - AFTER INSTALLING THE REUNITED KINGDOM SUBMOD YOU WILL NOTICE FIVE SHORTCUTS ON YOUR DESKTOP.
    THE FIRST SHORT CUT IS THE Victory Conditions for RK SHORTCUT (ARAGORN ICON). This will allow either Gondor or Arnor/Eriador to start the game with the REUNITED KINGDOM VICTORY CONDITIONS. No matter which faction you play, if you desire to see the REUNITED KINGDOM established in your game, whether as the Player or as the AI, then the VICTORY CONDITIONS MUST be applied before the game is started. Otherwise the new victory conditions will not show up in the game.

The second shortcut is FAR Launcher, (BLUE ICON), this is the standard FAR Launcher included in MOS and governs Eriador progressing to Arnor and back again. When playing as Eriador, and you reform the Kingdom of Arnor, that turn you will save your game, exit out to the desktop open the FAR Launcher and execute it for Arnor. This will change the expanded file so the appropriate titles for Arnor are used as well as the appropriate map colors.
    The third shortcut is the FAR Launcher for RK, (BLACK ICON). When all requirements for the Reunited Kingdom have been performed whether accomplished by the AI or the Player, and the Reunited Kingdom is established, save the game, exit to the desktop and open the FAR Launcher for RK, you will see the following selections:

1) Change from Eriador to Reunited Kingdom
    2) Change from Reunited Kingdom to Eriador
    3) Change from Arnor to Reunited Kingdom
    4) Change from Reunited Kingdom to Arnor
    5) Change from Gondor to Reunited Kingdom
    6) Change from Reunited Kingdom to Gondor
    7) EXIT

Hopefully this is self–explanatory. At the conclusion of a campaign ensure that you open up this shortcut and reset back to the faction you started with.

NOTE: When playing as Eriador/Arnor and the Reunited Kingdom is established that all buildings will be the same as those from Gondor. There is no way to keep the northern_european culture type buildings without converting all of Gondor’s buildings to northern_european culture so the decision was made to use Gondor’s buildings for all of the Reunited Kingdom. Also note that when playing the RK that Arnor Bodyguards will be used by both factions. There is really no workaround to be found for each faction to keep their own unique bodyguards.
    The last shortcut is Third Age or Reunited Kingdom shortcut. This is the standard shortcut used to start the game. You may start the game if you wish from any of the shortcuts as they all access the Third_Age_3 bat file.

FIEFDOMS SHORTCUT – This shortcut is used to access the Fiefdoms Excel file. I have hopefully organized the file so that you may print it out so that whichever faction you play you may find and gain all the “FIEFS” that your particular faction is entitled to get. Just a note for Gondor and Arnor when the Reunited Kingdom is reestablished you will be able to get both factions Fiefs. All fiefs granted by the faction that was played by the AI will still retain the Fief Ancillaries already gained.

CREDITS – My running copy for credits was inadvetantly deleted, as I remember and find out any that need to get credited this form will get immediately updated.
    Mhaedros - Dale Armor Upgrades 1.1
    dIRECTOR - Use of his “Lebennin Lancers”, many city and province names and many other items from his mod for MOS.
    Superant - For allowing me to utilize several of his fine ancillaries.
    Jox25 - For developing the Reunited Kingdom script and creating the Bree custom settlement and for adding many fine missions and many, many other details.
    Leo.civil.uefs - For his Thranduil’s Halls custom settlement. Other of his custom settlements will be added once the technology has been mastered to do so!!

PLAYTESTERS – Veteraan, Greymane and Manekemaan. Without their assistance this mod would still be full of unknown bugs and lacking in many other improvements that they recommended.
    OTHER CREDITS – To STYLIX, Hero of the West and Ngugi. For creating a magnificent mod and allowing me (Mike Golf) to contribute to it.

Compatible Submods for the Reunited Kingdom Submod: Enhanced Ancillary UIs for MOS 1.62 RK Edition These ancillary images comes in 3 sizes to enhance your gaming experience.

Additional Notes: (This will updated fairly regularly as issues are found and addressed)

- When forming the RK when playing Gondor, Anbor the spy will receive the ancillary Reunited Steward, while it looks out of place, it has no effect on gameplay that I can notice. I have no clue for the reason that this happens or how to fix this.

- When playing Gondor only the generals you start the game with will have Gondor or Dol Amroth bodyguard units. All subsequent generals that are acquired after the start of the game will have the Arnor bodyguard unit. When playing as Eriador, only the starting generals will have the Dunedain or Elite Dunedain Ranger Bodyguard. After turn oneall subsequent generals will have the Arnor general bodyguard unit. There is really no acceptable work around for this issue that is satisfactory. The basic issue is that when the RK is formed that the two factions become one. It was decided with input from Ngugi and others that the Arnor bodyguard unit would be the most appropriate for the RK.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 13, 2014 at 08:28 AM.