View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Default Re: The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.6 v1.1 RELEASED!

I just thought I would give an update. Between Jox25 and myself, the mod is firing properly when the appropriate triggers are met or when starting out as the RK playing either as Gondor or Eriador/Arnor, and is compatible with MOS 1.62. We are are now working on strat models, to make sure all characters have their appropriate strat models. We are also working on the expanded files to make sure that the various factions have their appropriate titles. Also working to ensure that the various factions have their appropriate banners, etc. Also looking for any additional bugs that may be present so they may be exterminated promptly.

Awesome to hear this !!!

Good luck working on it.

Ps: just a side question, will this also be compatible with director's changes for mos 1.62?

No it will not. The differences between the two export_description_buildings alone is staggering.

no directors cut for me then :p

I was very pleased the latest version. the next
    will be made compatible with bodyguards switcher?

Whatever is included in MOS 1.62 will be included here as well. Also the island of Erelond will be included as well.

is this conpatible wit mos 1.62?

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Just wait few days, we with MG already have compatible version with MOS 1.62, but we still polish it, we have found a lot of bugs. Atm current version we have on ours PC is more playable than the released one! You'll see v1.2 released soon.
    P.S. It would be great to hear any suggestions as I don't have any ideas for improvements..

Suggestions hu? :p

Would love to give some, but perhaps you should give an up to date list of features to see if i'm not saying what has already been done?

(-Work around for the Corruption problem with distance from capital) I know this is on hold so never mind this ;-)
    - A help for the AI (Eriador and gondor) to not use their key family members (its annoying when at turn XX you finally managed to fulfill the requirements only to find all interesting gondor characters devoured by the nazgul.
    - Restoring ancient fortresses and cities (tharbad, amon sul, lond daer, etc.)
    - A guideline telling which settlements used to belong to the RK (except what is now Rohan) giving the player a new goal after merging the kingdoms
    - A questline for the player after the merging (maybe follow a bit in the footsteps of what Aragorn did in the fourth age?)

More will come but i'll wait till I know what you guys have in mind atm. ;-)

ps: i love you both for doing this.
    pps: i love jox for having the joker as avatar. :p

HI,
    I can not wait to play with this mod!!

I don't know how to model but i added some units to the rebel faction for making indigenous inhabitants of middle-earth more various.
    -The wolfs from Paradamed pack
    -Some vanilla units as pirates and tuareg for Harondor and
    Harad.
    -Two vanilla units as northen men
    -Two units for the Anduin Vale
    -One unit for Khand
    Some of them are also mercenaries and others make ambushes.
    It would be nice to add balchot chariots and ucorns but i dont know exactly how to do it now.

Will your mod be compatible with the bodyguardswicher?maybe when you will make the mod i will try to do it.

Will be there some new missions which give powerfull traits or units?New forts with new models?

Thanks for your works

Oh, I see a very noticeable desire of you guys: Missions.. I'll try to make/continue Aragorn's RPG, make some missions for Arnor and Gondor, will try to make a purpose for RK, for example define new enemies.
    As for new units, I don't think we'll add some.. At least not outside RK. Actually I have in mind my finished Fornost Guard unit, but its raw imo.
    P.S. I'll pay attension on old fortresses as they are rly deserve it!

Thanks for ideas and I need some more, like addict

Here is an update of some new ancillaries, mostly new fiefdoms being added raising the average per faction from around 10-12 potential fiefs to 16-20 potential fiefdoms per faction. In addition, several .tgas have had thier spelling correct so they should show up correctly in the game. Also a few of Superants ancillaries will be added as well with his permission. After adding the new fiefs to the appropriate files, other tasks to be done are to find out why the forts in the Dunland area are invisible (for me at any rate). And then some final coordination with Jox25.........
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; April 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

As for making a purpose for the RK: rooting out all evil, but I think even more importantly: helping the other good nations

Rohan: defeating isengard
    Dale: reconquering the river
    Dwarves: reuniting the mountain kingdom
    Silvan elves: uniting mirkwood
    Lothlorien: Saving the Ents
    High elves: helping them reform their old kingdom

NOTE: i know that these, especially the elves are not lore compatible. At all. Its more an example of how RK could help other factions (a mision like go and conquer Settlement X and give it to faction Y to help them recover ...)

maybe even something for the "evil but human factions" Like when harad has been driven from original Gondor/RK grounds a questline to convert them from Followers of Melkor to a good culture (maybe a new one like Men of the South (like northmen)) Something like this could be done for Rhun and Dunlendings as well.

Here is an updated look at the new ancillaries that will be included in the RK Mod, most are new fiefdoms, a few are corrections that never showed up in MOS due to misspelling or the ancillary ui itself not being present in the game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This may not be the final listing of ancillaries but is pretty close. At the bottom of the page will be the fiefdoms broken down by faction, with the new fiefs listed in red.

The RK FAR Launcher has been greatly expanded, for example when playing as Arnor/Eriador after the RK event all buildings will be the same as Gondor. Also new victory conditions will be present for the Reunited Kingdom combining the win conditions for both Gondor and Arnor/Eriador along with a new Victory Conditions map. The new win conditions should make for a very long and challenging game.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; May 04, 2014 at 08:57 PM.

sounds very promising looking forward to it!

Any updates on this submod? Many thanks for making it possible.

Yeah I'll try do my best.

Hey, if you need any help writing stuf (for like the missions) please do let me know. I'd love to help out

Hey, love the look of the mod guys. I've not played it so I don't know whether it contains this already, but I was just wondering whether you guys had considered putting in the option to have the Reunited kingdom formed from the beginning, just like the starting with Arnor reforged script? I know someone else commented earlier about trying to somehow keep all the heroes alive to play with, and I personally think it'd be both cool and challenging to try and hold both kingdoms together from the start, fighting multiple enemies on multiple fronts. Obviously with it being a script it could remain optional for others who'd rather do it the hard way, and with all scripts such as mordor's call activated it would still be a tough challenge.

You will be able to play with the Reunited Kingdom from the start. You will still have to start with either Gondor or Eriador/Arnor and reform the RK via scripting.