View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 295469707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1661

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Default Re: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny087 View Post
    Hey, when playing Eriador and reforming Arnor and eventually the Reunited Kingdom, the settlement-skins stay northern european instead of gondor-style. Thus every time I upgrade a former gondorian settlement, those beautiful white gondorian buildings turn brown (northern european style). Is this intended and if so, is there any possibility to take over the gondor-style once you Reunite Arnor or the RK?
    You will need to open the FAR Launcher and select #1 'From Eriador to Arnor' and all the appropriate titles and Gondor style buildings should appear. If you don't have the FAR launcher short cut on your desktop you can access the launcher in the Program_Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3/ folder look for the FAR Launcher .bat file and open it from there.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 10, 2017 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TitusPulloXIII View Post
    Please someone make this wonderful piece of work compatible with mos 1.7!please!!!i think for someone who knows about modding it wouldn't be so difficult,would it?but i know nothing so maybe i'm wrong
    I am working on that currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaboss3000 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the mod to work. I've downloaded the zip file but it says I need permission to open it. Placing the unzipped file in the Third_Age folder doesn't seem to work. I've installed both TATW and MOS 1.62 correctly and can play it but can't get the Reunited Kingdom submod to work. Any help please?
    I am a bit stumped on this issue and am not sure why that would be. Hopefully one of the MOS troubleshooters (Greymane, Veteraan and several others) can be of assistance.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I am working on that currently.
    That is good news. Will it include all features of the RK mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaboss3000 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the mod to work. I've downloaded the zip file but it says I need permission to open it. Placing the unzipped file in the Third_Age folder doesn't seem to work. I've installed both TATW and MOS 1.62 correctly and can play it but can't get the Reunited Kingdom submod to work. Any help please?
    I am a bit stumped on this issue and am not sure why that would be. Hopefully one of the MOS troubleshooters (Greymane, Veteraan and several others) can be of assistance.
    Hmm, it should not have anything to do with MOS 1.62, as that worked correctly.

I am not sure why a zip file download is mentioned. As it is now, only the Mediafire link to version 1.4 of the RK mod works and that is a rar file. That needs to be extracted in the Third_Age_3 folder, overwriting the existing files. Problems with permission typically are something that has to do with the configuration of the computer where the game is installed. It might be something to do with UAC for instance. You can have a look at this THREAD to solve it. It's a bit outdated but AFAIK the info on this subject is still relevant.

Another thing you can do is read the install instructions in the First post of this thread carefully and check if you followed them to the letter. For instance running the Cleaner.bat file after installing the mod is a crucial step.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

You will need to open the FAR Launcher and select #1 'From Eriador to Arnor' and all the appropriate titles and Gondor style buildings should appear. If you don't have the FAR launcher short cut on your desktop you can access the launcher in the Program_Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3/ folder look for the FAR Launcher .bat file and open it from there.
    Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, I didn't mean the building UI's but the settlement look (model/skin/texture) on the campaign map, they still look brown instead of gondorian white even after using the FAR launcher.

Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, I didn't mean the building UI's but the settlement look (model/skin/texture) on the campaign map, they still look brown instead of gondorian white even after using the FAR launcher.
    They will remain that color and style until that settlement is upgraded (if it is possible to still upgrade).

@Veteraan It will be the RK mod with the small enhanced ancillary images.... no more separate downloads, I will also publish the other sizes as well in addition to making all the vanilla images available as a separate download. With the amount of anc work it would be a shame to not to make them standard.

They will remain that color and style until that settlement is upgraded (if it is possible to still upgrade).
    Well the thing is that color and style remains northern european even after I upgrade them (either with arnor or RK reunited and with FAR Launcher executed). I don't want every single gondorian style settlement to turn northern european after I upgrade them. Could change the culture of Eriador (=Turks) (and Arnor=Byzantium) from northern_european to gondor but first it doesn't seem to be savegame compatible (settlements turn back northern european after one turn) and second I'm not sure which other consequences this would cause.

Well the thing is that color and style remains northern european even after I upgrade them (either with arnor or RK reunited and with FAR Launcher executed). I don't want every single gondorian style settlement to turn northern european after I upgrade them. Could change the culture of Eriador (=Turks) (and Arnor=Byzantium) from northern_european to gondor but first it doesn't seem to be savegame compatible (settlements turn back northern european after one turn) and second I'm not sure which other consequences this would cause.
    I will have to do some testing when I get home, that may or may not be able to change however. I am thinking though though that if playing as Eriador becoming Arnor and then forming the RK that the culture is still northern_european (the religion changes to islam (Dúnedain)) so the strat map models will probably the northern_european strat_map models.

Whew, that was a long way to say "I'll get back to ya!"

I will have to do some testing when I get home, that may or may not be able to change however. I am thinking though though that if playing as Eriador becoming Arnor and then forming the RK that the culture is still northern_european (the religion changes to islam (Dúnedain)) so the strat map models will probably the northern_european strat_map models.

Whew, that was a long way to say "I'll get back to ya!"
    I'm sorry for the trouble and thanks for your efforts. ;-) Indeed Arnor (Byzantium) has religion Islam (religion change to dunedain works fine ingame) but still has culture northern_european. Tried to change Arnors culture to gondor but it didn't have any effect on strat models (strat models only change to Gondor if I additionaly change Eriadors culture to gondor) strange...

I always occasionally check this thread over the years since I had so many fond memories of this game. Glad to hear that Mike is working on a update for the submod. Will do an replay once its released, and thanks for everyone's efforts.

I'm sorry for the trouble and thanks for your efforts. ;-) Indeed Arnor (Byzantium) has religion Islam (religion change to dunedain works fine ingame) but still has culture northern_european. Tried to change Arnors culture to gondor but it didn't have any effect on strat models (strat models only change to Gondor if I additionaly change Eriadors culture to gondor) strange...
    It does indeed look like when forming the RK playing as either Eriador or Arnor that the strat map models will remain northern_european culture. The Gondor settlements will only change when the settlement is upgraded to the next level, so many of the settlements will retain their Gondorian appearance.

It does indeed look like when forming the RK playing as either Eriador or Arnor that the strat map models will remain northern_european culture. The Gondor settlements will only change when the settlement is upgraded to the next level, so many of the settlements will retain their Gondorian appearance.
    That's a pitty. What about changing the large city models for the northern_european culture to be gondorian, is this possible by text editing somehow or do I need to replace some files in data\models_strat? (already tried the latter but didn't work cause I don't know which files are for what)

Here is a small preview of what will be in the next release, many of the info_building images have been updated like this Trollshaws one:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Also Leo's version of Gundabad is now included with some redone terrain:
    Alpaca's Settlement Viewer which is standard in MOS 1.7 will also be standard in the RK mod. Here is a view of Dale:
    And a very special thanks to Arachir Galudirithon and the DaC Team for the use of their forts and the Dale strat map model which is absolutely stunning:
    I will also release the next version of RK with my ancillary mod included (small 41x41 pixel size), the medium and large sizes will be available separately along with vanilla looking ancillaries as well. Here is a preview of them, I have tried to get most of the ancillary images to have the same background as the culture the faction belongs to. The first two belong to the northern european culture:
    Evil Men culture:
    Gondor:
    Elven Culture:
    I have endeavored to include an appropriate image whenever and wherever possible, for example why would an elf or a dwarf or an orc want a human biographer or bodyguard? If you ever try to read an ancillary and can't read the entire description a simple solution is to left click on the image and drag the ancillary to the upper left corner:
    More to follow.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Good job

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good job +rep
    EDIT can somebody else rep him for me since I cannot do it
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Any chance of including Princesses? There is Lore arguments for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Any chance of including Princesses? There is Lore arguments for it...
    The issue of princesses was brought up a few years ago. I think the only way to have them is for all factions to have them. I might be fuzzy on this but I think that is why princesses aren't in any TATW mods that I am aware of. The thought of an orcish princess makes me a bit sick to the stomach ..... think far uglier than Shrek's wife.

great job , i would ask if you're going to add new settlements and units ?

Quote Originally Posted by enggraphice View Post
    great job , i would ask if you're going to add new settlements and units ?
    There will be a few rearranged settlements along with some new buildings and most text descriptions updated. There is room for a few more units, deciding on which ones to add is yet to be determined.