View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1661

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Default Re: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I am hoping to have a release in a few months if everything works out.
    That's great to hear. The beta is so good so far, thou I have not been able to play since november 20th because of work and life in general.

After almost 4 years in the wilderness, I return to hear the best news! I literally just re-bought Medieval 2 on Steam (lost my original discs) just to play this awesome sub-sub-sub-mod!

Now I wonder do I wait for the new version, or start a campaign to get my middle-earth fix now!????

Any idea how long I might have to wait please?
    "One does not simply walk into Mordor..." Take an army instead!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Chulain519 View Post
    After almost 4 years in the wilderness, I return to hear the best news! I literally just re-bought Medieval 2 on Steam (lost my original discs) just to play this awesome sub-sub-sub-mod!

Now I wonder do I wait for the new version, or start a campaign to get my middle-earth fix now!????

Any idea how long I might have to wait please?
    I am hoping to have a release in a few months if everything works out.
    I can't say much more, but last I heard Mike was having some personal issues. Hopefully all goes well and he is back soon and may be able to confirm a release date. For now, you just gotta be patient.

Sorry to hear and of course I will 'try' and be patient - I am sure it will be wroth the wait!
    "One does not simply walk into Mordor..." Take an army instead!

I am still recovering from some back issues and will hopefully get up and running again soon.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I am still recovering from some back issues and will hopefully get up and running again soon.

Damn Mike, I return after over a year and find you broken?

Get better please.

Does the 1.62 version work with 1.7?

And can I coax you to include princesses?

But most of all, please get better.

Any news from the Riddermark @MIKE GOLF? Just coming back to TATW and wanted to get Reunited Kingdom up but seeing we're in a holding pattern for MOS 1.7 compatibility.
    Dedicated to getting rid of crappy, CA vanilla weapons...and stuff......

No, but I am confident he will finish this .

One of the submods I await the most. MOS is of course brilliant on its own, and with this new version of the Reunited Kingdom with all the content previewed, it will be even better. Hope Mike Golf is going well

Sorry if this is a rude question but is the work for 1.7 still in progress or not anymore?I am expecting it with great anticipation!

Does this version work on MOS 1.7 ?

If not, is there a way to get MOS 1.6 ?

I would use TATW 3.1 and Baron Samedi's Submod Compilation but for some insane reason the 3.1 patch has been deleted from this forum.

Thanks.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Does this version work on MOS 1.7 ?
    It does not, but it does work on MOS 1.62 as is clearly stated in the thread title and in every post in this thread.

If not, is there a way to get MOS 1.6 ?
    You need 1.62, which you can still download from the MOS 1.7 thread as I still host it as a courtesy to those that need it for some reason.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    One of the submods I await the most. MOS is of course brilliant on its own, and with this new version of the Reunited Kingdom with all the content previewed, it will be even better. Hope Mike Golf is going well
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusPulloXIII View Post
    Sorry if this is a rude question but is the work for 1.7 still in progress or not anymore?I am expecting it with great anticipation!
    It's not a rude question. This mod had been worked on by MIKE for the greater part of this year, but sadly he informed me that he probably won't be able to finish it due to personal issues I won't elaborate on.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hey there, sorry to hear about MIKE's issues. I started playing TRK again a couple weeks ago with a fresh install of MOS 1.62 and things have been going great up until now. I was playing as Eriador and got to the reunification of Arnor without a hitch. However, upon finally satisfying all the conditions for TRK and getting the messages/scripted events and everything associated, everything seems to have gone without much of a hitch again (I have control over all the territories of former Arnor and Gondor etc) but the faction UI has reverted from Arnor back to Eriador. It's a small thing, but after all that hard work of getting to TRK I was really looking forward to the faction logo and other UI elements of TRK. Wondering if someone can give me a hand in figuring what files to check to attempt to fix this.

It sounds like you used the wrong FAR launcher and reverted from Arnor back to Eriador. Ensure you use the "FARLauncher for RK" and number 5 and you should then have everything set for the RK.

It sounds like you used the wrong FAR launcher and reverted from Arnor back to Eriador. Ensure you use the "FARLauncher for RK" and number 5 and you should then have everything set for the RK.
    Hi Mike!! Holy! Are you 'back'!?

Respectfully, I don't think that was the issue. I was pretty meticulous in my management of the shortcuts and when to use them. And in this case, it was before I even had to save, exit, and use one of the shortcuts. It went from Arnor (and the Arnor faction logo) back to the Free Peoples logo/banner immediately upon accepting the script to reunite the kingdoms. I initially thought that maybe this was normal and that saving, exiting, and running the appropriate batch file would fix it, but it didn't... upon reloading the save it's still Free People of Eriador.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelric View Post
    Hi Mike!! Holy! Are you 'back'!?

Respectfully, I don't think that was the issue. I was pretty meticulous in my management of the shortcuts and when to use them. And in this case, it was before I even had to save, exit, and use one of the shortcuts. It went from Arnor (and the Arnor faction logo) back to the Free Peoples logo/banner immediately upon accepting the script to reunite the kingdoms. I initially thought that maybe this was normal and that saving, exiting, and running the appropriate batch file would fix it, but it didn't... upon reloading the save it's still Free People of Eriador.
    So to give more detail, I've taken some screenshots and made some notes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	496.9 KB 
ID:	364848

1. It's turn 70 and I started the game as Eriador. A few turns back I satisfied the conditions for reunifying the kingdom of Arnor, and followed all instructions for that (i.e. saving the game, running FARLauncher.bat, selecting option to change from Eriador to Arnor). Now at Turn 70, Arnor and Gondor show up in Diplomacy with correct faction logos and names. Arnor is coloured black with yellow borders in mini map and territories say owned by Arnor on mouseover, Gondor is white on minimap and territories say owned by Gondor on mouseover.

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	629.7 KB 
ID:	364847

2. Hit end turn and once the AI is complete and it's my turn again, The Reunited Kingdom popup appears to reunite the kingdoms when you accept.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	816.6 KB 
ID:	364846

3. After hitting ‘accept’, there’s a short lag and then the UI immediately changes to the faction logo seen here (blue shield with gold trim and gold hammer, and a dwarven axe? Looks like a dwarf faction banner?). A bunch of notifications start dropping down on the left-hand side.

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	652.3 KB 
ID:	364845

4. As part of the dropping notifications, 2 separate automatic popups appear indicating that the Reunited Kingdom has been established and a new capital has been set. After I gain full control of my turn, diplomacy panel shows strange faction logo still, along with Arnor being the faction name. Gondor’s territories have successfully transferred to Arnor’s control. Black with yellow border territories owned by Arnor still upon mouseover.

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	657.0 KB 
ID:	364844

5. At this point I saved and quit the game, then ran the “FARLauncher for RK.bat” file and chose Option 3: Change from Arnor to Reunited Kingdom. Upon reloading, the minimap territories colour has changed to white, but now on mouseover and in diplomacy the faction name is Free Peoples of Eriador. Also the UI elements and faction logo remain unchanged from what it changed too immediately upon accepting The Reunited Kingdom script event.

Any help with getting the correct faction name, faction logo, and UI to the Reunited Kingdom proper ones would be much appreciated!

I have never seen this issue before there is really no way for me to troubleshoot this since I haven't used this version in 5 or so years. I would try launching the Gondor to RK and see what that does.

I have never seen this issue before there is really no way for me to troubleshoot this since I haven't used this version in 5 or so years. I would try launching the Gondor to RK and see what that does.
    Here's a question. I've solved the faction name problem by opening expanded.txt in data/text folder and changing the name of the [TURKS] faction from The Free Peoples of Eriador to The Reunited Kingdom.

Upon searching through the various versions of this file in all the submod folders (the ones for Arnor, Eriador, Gondor, and TRK) I've essentially figured out that, in the game engine, when you start a new basic campaign (i.e. Eriador exists, Arnor hasn't been formed yet, nor TRK) then it would appear that Gondor is {SICILY}, Eriador is {TURKS}, and Arnor is {BYZANTIUM}.

I guess the best way to present this is as follows:

ERIADOR FOLDER
    {SICILY}Gondor
    {TURKS}Free Peoples of Eriador
    {BYZANTIUM}Arnor

Upon reuniting Arnor (and running the .bat file) the game then uses the files from the ARNOR folder. The expanded.txt file from the ARNOR folder has the following:

ARNOR FOLDER
    {SICILY}Gondor
    {TURKS}Arnor
    {BYZANTIUM}Arnor

Then when you attain The Reunited Kingdom and you run the .bat file, the games uses files from the TRK folder. The expanded.txt file from the associated folder has the following:

REUNITED_KINGDOM FOLDER
    {SICILY}The Reunited Kingdom
    {TURKS}Free Peoples of Eriador
    {BYZANTIUM}The Reunited Kingdom

It was the version of the last file there (the one from the TRK folder) where I changed {TURKS} to The Reunited Kingdom and now my faction is named correctly in my game.

So my question is this: when you start a game as, say, Eriador, and your in-engine faction is {TURKS}, does that not change throughout the game? SO no matter what evolution the faction has (reunifying Arnor, and then later on TRK) is my in-game faction always {TURKS}? I'm assuming the reason why Arnor initially shows up as {BYZANTIUM} has something to do with the fact that you can start the game from the beginning as Arnor if you choose to? I'm not sure.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Hey, I just want to say that I have been having a blast playing this mod again after so many years, quick question, I hope someone knows, what is the population requirement for turning Annuminas into a Large City, I currently have more than 25K population but still there is no upgrade available...cheers.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"