Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RSM 1.2 and 1.2.1 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Icon4 RSM 1.2 and 1.2.1 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Use this thread when posting your gameplay feedback or issue reports concerning RSM 1.2 and RSM 1.2.1.

Issue reports should comply with the following template:

• Description of the issue
    • Campaign where issue was encountered
    • What faction you're playing
    • Any specific unit or feature involved
    • Additional information or details

Gameplay feedback should be very specific in order to fully understand any change requests etc.

I will use this information to update the mod and correct any bugs in the mod. Please note that not every issue is a bug and may be the result of a design decision instead

Default Re: RSM 1.2 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Hello

All Bow ashigaru archer units in the game sound like cannons firing when they shot their arrows, its like a barrage of cannonfire, i reinstalled my windows and reinstalled the game and the problem is still here.
    It applies for all factions, all ashigaru archers, i have no additional information details. I only have FotS and Shogun2, is this a problem becasue i dont have RotS?

Regards, Fedual
    Last edited by Fedual; August 30, 2013 at 04:26 AM.

(I am replying to your answer for my previous post on the closed thread) =)
    Thank you for answering, I hope you understood all of it, since for some reason there was no spacing even though I pressed Enter quite a few times there
    30m range for revolvers is better at least , but I'm still not clear on why the carbines got lower reload speed. I have looked at real-life comparisons between the Spencer and the Chassepot/Snider, and the Spencer is noticeably faster.

am i in the wrong forum or something since i am not getting any reply? or am i in the correct place to ask my question?

BROKEN SOUNDS:
    Using a MOD with Shogun 2 may cause the wrong sound to associate with an action

ANY MOD can cause this. Or not, depending on the user.

Sinfonia Semplice is an automated tool to fix the corrupted sounds problem encountered when playing Shogun 2 with most unit mods.

The Sinfonia Semplice fix with instructions is available here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-Fixing-Tool)

Civis

awesome mod!! i'm really enjoying playing it. is it possible to add more skill point for agents and generals?

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Great work, I'm really enjoying the mod. One thing that I noticed is that Oda long yari ashigaru unit has less men, less melee defense and higher upkeep than Oda nagae yari ashigaru. Is that way of design or just a balance issue? Also I would like to suggest you add the option to recruit generals at tier 3 or 4 buildings.

Don't preorder games!

I would love to have more factions in custom battles like the honda and also more generals for the factions in the custom battles.

can i use this mod when i have FOTS only ?

Yup.

This mod is fantastic, it's looking lime my dream for a new historical Shogun experience are finally coming true

I have two requests for the Rise of the Samurai campaign that I've been dying to see (and failing to make myself):

1) The naginata weapon models used in vanilla RotS have always bothered me as they did not look that way in early medieval japan. Funnily enough, the hero naginata they added later, and thus the one's you've used for the sengoku nagamaki samurai unit are almost exactly what early naginata should look like. Could you maybe change all RotS naginata units so that they use that model for their naginata? This would make me immeasurably happy and would enhance the historical feel of the mod.

2) I've always found the weapon model used by the RotS sword attendants ridiculous and they really should just be using the no-dachi models. Could you please also change this? And it would be very very awesome if you could make an elite RotS no-dachi bushi unit (very small in number, but highly resistant to arrows), all in o-yoroi armour and armed with no-dachi, inspired by this guy:

(wrong era I know, but still fantastically awesome )

This changes would really add to the RotS era! I hope to one day be able to enjoy using bush the way they were and really get to enjoy RotS era battles, and your mod is looking like my best chance sofar

[edit] Ach, I just realised, might this be the wrong thread for such a request?
    Last edited by Hatamoto; November 06, 2013 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatamoto View Post
    This mod is fantastic, it's looking lime my dream for a new historical Shogun experience are finally coming true

I have two requests for the Rise of the Samurai campaign that I've been dying to see (and failing to make myself):

1) The naginata weapon models used in vanilla RotS have always bothered me as they did not look that way in early medieval japan. Funnily enough, the hero naginata they added later, and thus the one's you've used for the sengoku nagamaki samurai unit are almost exactly what early naginata should look like. Could you maybe change all RotS naginata units so that they use that model for their naginata? This would make me immeasurably happy and would enhance the historical feel of the mod.

2) I've always found the weapon model used by the RotS sword attendants ridiculous and they really should just be using the no-dachi models. Could you please also change this? And it would be very very awesome if you could make an elite RotS no-dachi bushi unit (very small in number, but highly resistant to arrows), all in o-yoroi armour and armed with no-dachi, inspired by this guy:

(wrong era I know, but still fantastically awesome )

This changes would really add to the RotS era! I hope to one day be able to enjoy using bush the way they were and really get to enjoy RotS era battles, and your mod is looking like my best chance sofar

[edit] Ach, I just realised, might this be the wrong thread for such a request?
    Thank you Hatamoto

The thread is alright for your suggestion, which is good+Rep

If and when I update this mod (no promises given) I will incorporate some or all of your suggestions.

Cheers
    iutland

This mod is my new favorite for Shogun II. Thank you to all those who worked on it. However I have two questions.

How come Naginata units no longer have a real purpose? In vanilla Shogun II the Yari Units were effective against cavalry, Katana were best against infantry and Naginatas were basically a slow powerful Hybrid somewhere in the middle. In this mod though it seems that Naginata units are simply Yari units which are less powerful against all units but cost the same. I did a test battle and Yari Samurai beat Naginata Samurai, not by a lot though. I think that Naginatas need a slight buff, so they can beat Yari troops but fare less effectively against cavalry.

Also shouldn't the better Ashrugari be made available later (perhaps from higher tier castles) while early on only the peasant ashrugari should be recruitable? I could be wrong but I think that that would better represent how Ashrugari shifted from basically cannon fodder to being professionals who were below the samurai but could still fight decently.

How do you make a specific faction playable in custom battles?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

The mod is not working for me.
    If i use the Movie version it will give me a error and if i use the mod version it doesn't change anything, and for this last one i used the mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by undead003 View Post
    How do you make a specific faction playable in custom battles?
    That is handled in the db/faction table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    The mod is not working for me.
    If i use the Movie version it will give me a error and if i use the mod version it doesn't change anything, and for this last one i used the mod manager.
    Have you tried to use it via steam workshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    This mod is my new favorite for Shogun II. Thank you to all those who worked on it. However I have two questions.

How come Naginata units no longer have a real purpose? In vanilla Shogun II the Yari Units were effective against cavalry, Katana were best against infantry and Naginatas were basically a slow powerful Hybrid somewhere in the middle. In this mod though it seems that Naginata units are simply Yari units which are less powerful against all units but cost the same. I did a test battle and Yari Samurai beat Naginata Samurai, not by a lot though. I think that Naginatas need a slight buff, so they can beat Yari troops but fare less effectively against cavalry.

Also shouldn't the better Ashrugari be made available later (perhaps from higher tier castles) while early on only the peasant ashrugari should be recruitable? I could be wrong but I think that that would better represent how Ashrugari shifted from basically cannon fodder to being professionals who were below the samurai but could still fight decently.
    Very good feedback and I understand your point :-)

I will use it when and if I update the mod.

Hi Iutland great mod but for me there is the issue with the sound (swicthed sound problem like ashigaru archers sounding like cannons and the like) and i've already tried sinfonia semplice. I've run it in the shogun 2 data folder, it created the sinfonia semplice .pack file that I've checked in the mod manager but nothing changes what i'm doing wrong? and there is this small issue with the yari on horse back attack animation that makes the rider float for a sec, other than that it's the shogun experience that I've wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanxuas View Post
    Hi Iutland great mod but for me there is the issue with the sound (swicthed sound problem like ashigaru archers sounding like cannons and the like) and i've already tried sinfonia semplice. I've run it in the shogun 2 data folder, it created the sinfonia semplice .pack file that I've checked in the mod manager but nothing changes what i'm doing wrong? and there is this small issue with the yari on horse back attack animation that makes the rider float for a sec, other than that it's the shogun experience that I've wanted.
    Thank you Xanxuas :-)

There is a still this small sound problem in S2TW that is probably caused by the added units in RSM. Somehow the game is not tolerant towards added features or units, which causes the minor sound problem. For now there isn't much I can do, and I'm not happy to say that......
    I will take a look at the animation issue.

Cheers
    Iutland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast