Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-launch support plans and even more free content for Total War: ROME II!

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Post-launch support plans and even more free content for Total War: ROME II!

Good Lord! FREE factions? This is truly revolutionary for the series. OMG thank you, CA!
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Re: Post-launch support plans and even more free content for Total War: ROME II!

That bumps the number of playable factions to quite a good number, looking forward to play with the Seleucids.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

its not CA throwing the idea of free factions out of proportion its the "fans"

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: personal observation.

Quote Originally Posted by gustdenerja View Post
    Can I do one personally observation? At Rome Total War (1st) we had a lot of playable factions. Indeed, the non playable could be change modding one simple ".txt". Now, they are planing to sell us factions packs. Packs not to improve the game experience, it's just that they do it for complete an unfinished game.

Those DLC could be done by modders, couldn't be?

The worst thing, people show his gratitude for that. I don't want to attack nobody, but that is how I see. Could anyone answer me?

Greetings
    Yes anyone can. Just change the unplayable to playable, something like that. But it possibly be balance, more like generic building/units as other non playables. These are also can be done by modders.

However most likely they will not have introductory video, additional units with different animation and other stuff that will incur cost to produce.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Glorious news! I *knew* there was no way the Seleucids would be left unplayable -- it was just a question of when/how. I didn't expect them to be free -- that's a very pleasant surprise.

In fact, as much as I hate paid faction DLC and as little interest I have in nomadic factions, I might just buy that paid faction pack in gratitude. After all, we're now getting five factions for free (assuming a preorder... which was long ago done in my case!).

Payai Dunai's Avatar Libertus

That's good to hear but what it all comes down to is the question of how much those DLCs will cost.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Was just about to post about this, it's all down to the minutes lol, great news.

Tasty. I approve.

Dularaki's Avatar Libertus

The negativity and some of the (rare) insults flying around here is ridiculous. NO ONE should be insulting people for what they spend their money on.

The free content is fantastic. I was confused about Pontus being free-LC so early but the Seleucids being free after launch is good stuff.

As for the paid content, I do not understand why certain people here believe that they are being scammed or tricked. Using the term "on disk" is archaic and definitely inaccurate. Yes, probably much of the ground work and many of the units for these culture packs are already in the game, but I know those who do not get the DLC will not have some of the extra units or faction functionality. Also, certain entitled people on here believe that they should be giving all content made by CA as long as they pay for the box. This attitude is one of the worst on this forum. You have to pay extra to have bacon on your cheese burger. You can not demand they give you free bacon because your definition of a cheese burger includes bacon. CA has EVERY RIGHT to make content that must be paid for to have access to. Customers DO NOT have to the right to demand a company give them a product for free.

Finally, as with Shogun 2, I will only buy the DLC that I want. I bought perhaps half of the shogun DLC just getting a faction pack here and there and one of the unit packs. No one can tell me I made the wrong decision, because I paid for a product and the product functions as advertised.
    Last edited by Dularaki; August 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: I can't write or spell.

Hope to see a trailer that includes nomadic tribes and also waiting for their information and picture at wiki.totalwar.com....

WELL DONE!!!! BEAUTIFUL

Interesting proposition right there, but for how long will this last? I know it's post launch, but how long is this "post launch"? Because I'm pretty sure I can't make it. Reasons mods & admins knew by now...

Any plan to bring it back up every now & then? Or just gonna make it all a DLC?

By saying I'll wait for a real copy gets me a warning, whoppy ing doo...
    Last edited by Asuryan; August 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck918 View Post
    RFLOL you’ll also be able to play the Seleucid Empire in October FOR FREEE. You got to be freaking kidding me. A DLC to add Seleucid Empire as a playable faction.

GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR YOU GUYS AT SEGA/CA/DEVS whatever you call yourself. HOW about you have the same faction playable as the first ROME TOTAL WAR and if you guys want to add new stuff like a new Faction or one that was never playable in the first place or other type of UNITS. THEN make a DLC for that stuff,.... Yet to come out and say this AGAIN

Got to love the ones who are thanking your guys again for stuff that SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ON DAY ONE. REMINDS ME OF EMPIRE ALL OVER AGAIN.
    I don't know what other games you're comparing CA's product line with, I think they've been more than generous with Rome 2 considering how many factions were already in the game and the extra 3 for preordering.
    Last edited by Darth Red; August 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: double post

Believe it or not guys, in the campaign mode in an UNMODDED Rome Total War, you could only play as 11 factions, and three of those were the Roman Familes. They were Seleucids, Greek Cities, 3 Roman Familes, Gaul, Britain, Germania, Carthage and Parthia. All the others are not playable without modding. So even if you just get the Free-LCs You basically get almost all the playable factions in the original Rome plus Pontus and Macedonia! If you pre-ordered the game, you get the equivalant of the Greek City States, but in three whole factions!

I love it when people make blunt, stupid claims based on the nostalgia instead of fact.

Jimakos1966's Avatar Civis

RFLOL you’ll also be able to play the Seleucid Empire in October FOR FREEE. You got to be freaking kidding me. A DLC to add Seleucid Empire as a playable faction.

GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR YOU GUYS AT SEGA/CA/DEVS whatever you call yourself. HOW about you have the same faction playable as the first ROME TOTAL WAR and if you guys want to add new stuff like a new Faction or one that was never playable in the first place or other type of UNITS. THEN make a DLC for that stuff,.... Yet to come out and say this AGAIN

Got to love the ones who are thanking your guys again for stuff that SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ON DAY ONE. REMINDS ME OF EMPIRE ALL OVER AGAIN.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by this comment, coudl you maybe use some emoticons to get your point across more clearly?
    Last edited by Darth Red; August 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: double post

Varyag's Avatar Libertus

I had always looked at the Seleucids not being a Day One faction because they would be this giant blob faction that would upset gameplay balance, if you look at the starting regions and general separation of ALL the other factions. The Greek states are the exception but they start with such little territory.

The fact that they decided to turn the Seleucid Empire into a core state located in Syria, and in control of a vast amount of client regions is really exciting, and a great way to balance them out.

The fact that they are being released a month after release for FREE no less should be of no concern to anyone. I'm sure they'll want to focus a little more development time on the Seleucids after Rome 2 goes gold anyway.
    "Only a few prefer liberty - the majority seek nothing more than fair masters."
    ~Sallust

“Tolerance, diversity, strength” Their motto should be "Intolerance, uniformity, ruthlessness". Historical revisionism.
    • My name will live in marble and that of my enemies in sand.
    • Kol kalb biji yumu.
    • Ba'al hammon demands sacrifice.
    • ​A man has many faces.
    • Diu werlt ist ûzen schœne, wîz, grüen unde rôt, und innen swarzer varwe, vinster sam der tôt.

CA! CA! CA! CA! CA!

This game is still geting better although it is not even out yet. Getting the Seleucids for free was a really great news indeed.