Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: possible answer to voice acting problem and vanilla M2tw voices

Default Re: possible answer to voice acting problem and vanilla M2tw voices

Those are japanese

and there is a significant difference between the way the two voices sound

Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    Can we not use shogun 2 voices?
    I believe they have Japanese accents right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer
    which is?
    Watch for the coming preview threads.
    Last edited by The Blade That Was Broken; August 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Shogun 2 is japanese accent but i guess could work

edit: double ninjaed
    Last edited by Gongsunzan; August 24, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gongsunzan View Post
    Shogun 2 is japanese accent but i guess could work

edit: double ninjaed
    One thing for sure is, we're NOT using Shogun 2 accents. (replacing with real Chinese voices)

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

I know they are Japanese, but it will sound better then the scottish or french accents we have now.
    Will and act until victory

We're still not using them (its a last resort)

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

We will be doing something about voices in the future. I know there are a lot of things people wish for us to implement right away, but remember that our team only consists of 4 people and we have to prioritize our projects. Right now it is on new rosters, reskinning, bug squashing, balancing (economy, units, etc.), and scripting. If we say it is low-priority, such as in the case of voices or music, doesn't me we don't care about, won't change it, or otherwise will never do anything with it. It just means, due to the vast amount of work that needs to be done, it is lowere on our list of priorities than a lot of other things. Also remember that this is an early beta and there is still a long time until version 1.0 will be released.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I can live with the voices and music. You guys are focusing on the important stuff right now. gameplay, scripting, units. These are the core aspects of the game and make it the most enjoyable. keep up the good work.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Trust me, the voices from the original mod (RTW version) were not something you would want to listen to for extended periods of time (after a while I dreaded clicking on any character ), hence the reason why I took them out and only left the sound tracks. Blame it on me until we have a suitable replacement...

Himster's Avatar Praeses

In the last kingdom they did a good job of just editing the kingdom of england voice to be nicely non-specific. That would be a good way to go IMO.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

- first of all i`d just like to say what an excellent mod this is,if this is the beta the finished product might send me up to the jade emperor with delight,re the voices i appreciate it all takes time but could you tell us how to use say the vanilla mongol sound files as a placeholder ?
    :-)

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    We may not have to look far because the Han Zhi Shang beta somehow had chinese voices.

I'd like to post the file I suspect contains them but it could be that team's assets.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Again, I have said this many times and I will say it again, we will NOT be using other mods/team's Chinese assets unless it is a last resort. Most of the new voices have already been completed, only thing remains is for them to be swapped in and replaced. Currently there is NO ONE available to do this, as Seether said a few posts up:

Quote Originally Posted by Seether
    We will be doing something about voices in the future. I know there are a lot of things people wish for us to implement right away, but remember that our team only consists of 4 people and we have to prioritize our projects. Right now it is on new rosters, reskinning, bug squashing, balancing (economy, units, etc.), and scripting. If we say it is low-priority, such as in the case of voices or music, doesn't mean we don't care about, won't change it, or otherwise will never do anything with it. It just means, due to the vast amount of work that needs to be done, it is lowere on our list of priorities than a lot of other things. Also remember that this is an early beta and there is still a long time until version 1.0 will be released.
    I know many people aren't happy with way the voices, music, ear/eye 'candy' are right now, but remember our team only consists of 4 people, and there has to be priorities in fixing/replacing things. That's going to stay that way unless we have more people to put in different assignations. Again, we are always happy to accept new members if you're interested in helping out. For that, I highly recommend that you check out this forum (and keep your eyes stuck to it, as new positions might open up in the future). Also remember that this is still in a early beta phrase, there will be LOTS of time before version 1.0 to add in things.

@yuezhi: Those are probably the team's own assets, which is against forum rules to post/use without their permission.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

What's wrong with the music?
    I thought it was pretty good.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Himster

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?614239-Suggestions-regarding-battle-music

lodewijk's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    not to bad about music , but the accents is somewhat funny. have a diplo traveling with chevalier france accents is somewhat funny.

please take all the time you need modding the voice and the overall gameplay, i rather listen to a more refined ( Chinese accent) clear voice acting than something drum up in the first try just to finish the voice section.

Laetus

i could try to edit the sound files so you have some more "neutral" ones, like taking the english voices (the most neutral by far) and then remove all references to the cross the king and whatnot, so the "all of christendom wil be awed by our victory today" it'l say "be awed by our victory today" (dont actually think its says today but just remembered it as such)

and then make all the factions use that same voice

would that be acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by mika1369 View Post
    i could try to edit the sound files so you have some more "neutral" ones, like taking the english voices (the most neutral by far) and then remove all references to the cross the king and whatnot, so the "all of christendom wil be awed by our victory today" it'l say "be awed by our victory today" (dont actually think its says today but just remembered it as such)

and then make all the factions use that same voice

would that be acceptable?
    No need, I already have it finished.

Thanks for the offer though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast