Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: possible answer to voice acting problem and vanilla M2tw voices

Default possible answer to voice acting problem and vanilla M2tw voices

ok so i am not sure but is this mod basically an english version of the chinese mod of

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...v1-03-Released!
    or
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-Mod-Team%29

i know there is a very good chinese team working on this mod in chinese abd they have done very good, hece the need for this english version, i was wondering if they could allow us to "borrow" any voice acting they did so it would all be in chinese voices or if they can give us the vanilla chinese language files of the vanilla game, i really dont care what they are saying in chinese so long as i can pretend or if your able to crack open ROTK 11 for the PC and get the chinese voice acting there ? this is just an idea since this si such a close mod to the chinese team

Default Re: possible answer to voice acting problem and vanilla M2tw voices

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    ok so i am not sure but is this mod basically an english version of the chinese mod of

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...v1-03-Released!
    or
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-Mod-Team%29

i know there is a very good chinese team working on this mod in chinese abd they have done very good, hece the need for this english version, i was wondering if they could allow us to "borrow" any voice acting they did so it would all be in chinese voices or if they can give us the vanilla chinese language files of the vanilla game, i really dont care what they are saying in chinese so long as i can pretend or if your able to crack open ROTK 11 for the PC and get the chinese voice acting there ? this is just an idea since this si such a close mod to the chinese team
    Can't say much at this point. Might want to ask Seether to clarify (one thing I know is we will try to add Chinese voices soon. <- Chinese, so shouldn't be too hard for me lol. Again its one of the 'earcandy' minors that will be s l o w l y adjusted)

i know its not that important i jsut figured the chinese team had already solved this problem so maybe they would be nice and share just an idea

Eh i dont care about chinese or english. Dynasty warrors had terrible voice acting but it worked. Might be easy to just have people playing mod do some voice samples for a couple of lines and then use some sound editing software to clean it up and throw it in.

i know its not that important i jsut figured the chinese team had already solved this problem so maybe they would be nice and share just an idea
    Not likely at all. Currently having some *confidential* issues.

I being a totally Whiter than White Irish Swed can totally pull of a chinese accent for voice over recording lol

Im sure we can match dynasty warriors voice acting no matter how little we try.

welll ROTK 11 is a pc game so i am sure there is a whay to open voice files in the game files or something lol

I don't think we would be allowed to do that. It's illegal to crack it out and steal.

LAAAAAAME copyright crap

Well cant the same be said for using music in game without permission?

Im down for voice overs lol. as long as tgey are unique and faction appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gongsunzan View Post
    Well cant the same be said for using music in game without permission?

Im down for voice overs lol. as long as tgey are unique and faction appropriate.
    Music was released as a soundtrack. Voice-overs were never released, you would have to hack into the files and retrieve it (which hacking is illegal). I got the voice-overs already covered, just need to cut and download them.

Hacking is illegal lol if that is the case is not modding also illegal , but you can also think that Hacking voice over files is not illegal since you are not selling or renting and if you give them credit it should be ok but the FCC and all those Torrent Nazi's lol but you have it covered so its no big deal , we still love you

Hacking is illegal lol if that is the case is not modding also illegal , but you can also think that Hacking voice over files is not illegal since you are not selling or renting and if you give them credit it should be ok but the FCC and all those Torrent Nazi's lol but you have it covered so its no big deal , we still love you
    hacking is illegal whether we're selling it or not. If you find already cracked open copy, feel free to let us know. (impossible to hack those files anyways)

Well i dk bout music either. Tatw couldnt use lord of the rings music due to copyright from what i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gongsunzan View Post
    Well i dk bout music either. Tatw couldnt use lord of the rings music due to copyright from what i heard.
    Theres also a famous submod called MOS that used the LOTR Sountrack. It's still there.

you could always find a torrented version of the game but seems like to muuch work

you could always find a torrented version of the game but seems like to muuch work
    The sound files would still be packed that way, we already found a simpler alternative than using Dynasty Warrior's voices

which is ?

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Can we not use shogun 2 voices?
    Will and act until victory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast