Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's LME Mod

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's LME Mod

"Start NTW manually" in the launcher is working fine for me. The user script reads now (and is not changed whenever I "Continue campaign") as follows:

mod Bran_LME_mod_TSV.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

EDIT: Ooops, unfortunately if I erase the Pdguru packs from the script and launcher , when I "Continue campaign" game crashes...guess because can't handle the units I already have in the save game belonging to those packs. <--- disregard this comment, belongs to another thread...
    Last edited by General Gordon; April 16, 2015 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    EDIT: Ooops, unfortunately if I erase the Pdguru packs from the script and launcher , when I "Continue campaign" game crashes...guess because can't handle the units I already have in the save game belonging to those packs.
    Yes, you should start a new campaign.

Patrician

UPDATE: Britain should protect main port with troops and better regional and coastal defense. all versions. Feedback is helpful

One thing about naval: For example right now I am raiding the Russian shipping line that goes into Lithuania with a large French fleet.A large Russian fleet is very close but it just sits there without attacking me. I am earning over 1700 "kopecs" each turn from my piracy !

Patrician

UPDATE: Navies are more aggressive and will attack you, better regional development and tech research, minor factions better regional defense,bigger navies for all All versions. Thanks General Gordon for the feedback.

I'm looking to install Mods for NTW for myself and my sons to play multiplayer and campaigns. We have 4 copies of NTW! .

I was thinking of installing LME with the bran sub mod. I like the fact this sub-mod is still active .

However starting the sub-mod does seem complicated, reading the comments from the previous page . Many players probably aren't actually playing the sub-mod, if if they think they are!

Is there any way to simplify the game launch, like the LME mod launcher seems to do? So one simple click stats the game?
    Thanks

I have one idea. One option in the launcher's menu is to run UAI submod and the file is located in the data folder. So, if you delete the file (make a backup of it earlier), and in its place put Bran's pack but renamed to UAI 2.0 (or whatever submod's name is), you can select UAI in the launcher, but in fact run Bran's pack.

Try at your own risk or wait for Bran's opinion

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Speaking View Post
    I'm looking to install Mods for NTW for myself and my sons to play multiplayer and campaigns. We have 4 copies of NTW! .

I was thinking of installing LME with the bran sub mod. I like the fact this sub-mod is still active .

However starting the sub-mod does seem complicated, reading the comments from the previous page . Many players probably aren't actually playing the sub-mod, if if they think they are!

Is there any way to simplify the game launch, like the LME mod launcher seems to do? So one simple click stats the game?
    Thanks
    It's not really complicated,
    start the La montée launcher, select your campaign & sub mods & start the game. Now close the game & launcher, now your user script should look something like this,

mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

Now you don't need to use the La montée launcher any more to start the game unless you want to change your campaign or sub mods.
    Now put Brans mod in your NTW data folder & put this on top of your user script, mod Bran_LME_mod.pack;

mod Bran_LME_mod.pack;
    mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

From now on just start NTW anyway you want, but not from the La montée launcher.
    Remember all 4 copies of NTW have to be the same to play multiplayer (I think).

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    I have one idea. One option in the launcher's menu is to run UAI submod and the file is located in the data folder. So, if you delete the file (make a backup of it earlier), and in its place put Bran's pack but renamed to UAI 2.0 (or whatever submod's name is), you can select UAI in the launcher, but in fact run Bran's pack.

Try at your own risk or wait for Bran's opinion

It won't work, the files are different pack types, the LME4_U_AI.pack file is Movie format, Brans file is mod format. Changing pack types can be quite complicated & could cause conflicts with other files.

Quote Originally Posted by roy64 View Post
    It's not really complicated,
    start the La montée launcher, select your campaign & sub mods & start the game. Now close the game & launcher, now your user script should look something like this,

mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

Now you don't need to use the La montée launcher any more to start the game unless you want to change your campaign or sub mods.
    Now put Brans mod in your NTW data folder & put this on top of your user script, mod Bran_LME_mod.pack;

mod Bran_LME_mod.pack;
    mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

From now on just start NTW anyway you want, but not from the La montée launcher.
    Remember all 4 copies of NTW have to be the same to play multiplayer (I think).
    Thanks for the reply!
    My sons would like to try the variety of different Napoleonic campaigns in LME as well as playing multiplayer battles together. I assume each time you change an LME campaign you would need to use the LME launcher and you have to go through the changes of removing and reinserting the sub-mod pack details in the NTW data folder?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Speaking View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    My sons would like to try the variety of different Napoleonic campaigns in LME as well as playing multiplayer battles together. I assume each time you change an LME campaign you would need to use the LME launcher and you have to go through the changes of removing and reinserting the sub-mod pack details in the NTW data folder?
    Yes that would be the easiest way for you if your not sure how the LME launcher works.

Just repeat the steps in post 109.
    Last edited by roy64; April 17, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Don t know if these are some bugged starting units but naval battles are buggy . after some micro management and few shootings guns moved a bit and are no longer pointing straight , so i then need to get my ship 45 degrees to be able to shot ; also noticed no visual damages on ennemy ship. ( my french 'corvette' versus an austrian fregate ) and seems like i sink myself

Patrician

I did not mod the naval stats.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    One thing about naval: For example right now I am raiding the Russian shipping line that goes into Lithuania with a large French fleet.A large Russian fleet is very close but it just sits there without attacking me. I am earning over 1700 "kopecs" each turn from my piracy !
    How do I take a screenshot so as to illustrate the problem mentioned? If I press print screen key only get a screenshot of my desktop, not the ingame.

Steam allows you to take a screenshot by clicking F12.

Attachment of pictures not working (doesn't allow me to upload files).

In anycase just to mention I had to revert back to the normal Bran mod as the Total Annihilation proved to be too much, especially in the Russian front where large full armies kept coming at me (5-6 at a time). Does the mod make the enemy AI cheat with their economy or something?

Patrician

The total slaughter version the AI gets lower upkeep and recruitment costs so they will make large armies. Play the normal version if that it too much for you

not totally on subject but as you come from the darth mod for nap,i have to ask....why is it that for the same number of men i can run darth mod and ntw3 but on lme i got lag(my rig is totally underpowered)...is there anyone that could provide a totally dumbed down graphic mod lol...if it could make it run faster i would be quite willing to play with sprite only.

i think it would be appreciated by people with poor ass rigs as welll as people with good rig but now they could run even more men

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    not totally on subject but as you come from the darth mod for nap,i have to ask....why is it that for the same number of men i can run darth mod and ntw3 but on lme i got lag(my rig is totally underpowered)...is there anyone that could provide a totally dumbed down graphic mod lol...if it could make it run faster i would be quite willing to play with sprite only.

i think it would be appreciated by people with poor ass rigs as welll as people with good rig but now they could run even more men
    You could always give Game Booster ago it helps a little bit.

http://www.v3.co.uk/articles/downloa...2136625#thanks