Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

I played a little as the Kwarezmian, there was a fort that was inaccessible in the Ray region

Kairouan has a bug to do with it being a named minor settlement

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Silver surfer, Zirid family member

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    hmmm did that happen just after you captured Kairouan?
    Or when the besieged rebel army salied?
    I'm not 100% positive because I didn't catch it at first. I think it was normal when I lay siege. I besieged Kairouan until they had to choose to sally or surrender and they surrendered without a fight

Gigantus warned that something like that could happen hehe, i'll add another monitor for when a character captures a fort for repositioning the "name labels".

Just played a custom battle so I could check out the new Georgian units. I noticed that Tadzreuli are spearmen on the battle map, but their unit card and info picture show them as swordsmen:

Also, English Mounted Sergeants have the Rome 1 peasant picture for their info pic and unit card in the unit selection screen for custom battles:

Nothing game-breaking but something to fix for a rainy day.

Hi
    I has a problem every time when i play in the 1100 campaing the game craches when i finish the 8 turn
    Someone can help me?

Every time no exceptions?
    Faction you're playing?
    Any particular detail you remember?

Also set the log to trace instead of error in the .CFG file,
    load a previous save and let it crash,
    then post the last 10 lines or so of the log so we can get an Idea what was going.

Every time with all the faction (well with France and Scotland)

and how i set the log to trace?
    Last edited by Ivan Imperator; October 03, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

lol

open the default.cfg file with notepad, located inside Titanium_Alpha folder
    You will see something like:
    Code:
    level=* error
    #level=* trace
    move the # before level=* error and save

[launcher]
    kingdomsDir=..\..
    swapMenuBackground=true
    swapMenuMusic=true
    swapBAI=true
    autoLocateLogFile=true
    autoBorderlessMode=true
    steamCheck=true
    firstRun=false
    steam=false
    [features]
    mod=mods/Titanium_Alpha
    [log]
    to=mods/Titanium_Alpha/system.log.txt
    #level=* error
    level=* trace
    [io]
    file_first=true
    [video]
    no_background_fmv=true
    movies=false
    #windowed=false
    #borderless_window=false
    [game]
    label_characters = 0
    #label_characters = 1
    show_banners = 1
    disable_arrow_markers = 0
    #disable_arrow_markers = 1
    ai_factions = skip
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield=1
    label_settlements=1
    event_cutscenes=0
    allusers=1
    micromanage_all_settlements=1
    advisor_verbosity=0
    [misc]
    show_hud_date=true
    #remove the # in the next line if you want launcher to bypass straight to the last save when you start mtw2
    #bypass_to_strategy_save=true

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 0
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    autosave = 0
    save_config = 0
    close_after_save = 0
    gamename = hotseat
    validate_data = 1
    allow_validation_failures = 1

[multiplayer]
    playable = 1

Okay its that?
    Last edited by Ivan Imperator; October 04, 2015 at 04:50 AM.

heh, Melooo is probably the most under appreciated member of this forum.

Good luck M8

Just started an English campaign today, and I noticed that Lord Robert starts with the Rebel trait, is that supposed to happen? It goes away after one turn though, and is replaced with a disloyal trait it seems.

Also there are some funny trade resources on the British Isles:

Yes the Rebel trait is intended
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Curthose
    When William II died on 2 August 1100, Robert was on his return journey from the Crusade and was about to marry a wealthy young bride to raise funds to buy back his duchy. As a result his brother Henry was able to seize the crown of England for himself. Upon his return, Robert – urged by Flambard and several Anglo-Norman barons – claimed the English crown on the basis of the short-lived agreement of 1087. In 1101, he led an invasion to oust his brother Henry; he landed atPortsmouth with his army but his lack of popular support among the English (Anselm, the archbishop of Canterbury, was decidedly against him and the Charter of Liberties issued at Henry's coronation was well liked) as well as Robert's own mishandling of the invasion tactics enabled Henry to resist the invasion. Robert was forced by diplomacy to renounce his claim to the English throne in the Treaty of Alton. It is said that Robert was a brilliant field commander but a terrible general in the First Crusade. His government (or misgovernment) of Normandy as well as his failed invasion of England suggests that his military skills were little better than his political skills.
    You're using Steam right?
    you need to put in the data/text folder the strings.bin files located in the steam_users/strings.bin_backup, after everytime you use the ss_setup.exe
    Annoying right? thanks to CA and Valve for never fixing that xD

EDIT:
    Just found out that you could add these strings.bin to the data/campaign/early/text and data/campaign/early1139/text folders won't have to repeat this process again

Yes the Rebel trait is intended
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Curthose
    Ah, I see.

Just found out that you could add these strings.bin to the data/campaign/early/text and data/campaign/early1139/text folders won't have to repeat this process again
    Okay, so this is what it should look like then right?

And that fixes the weird trade resource placement? Or something else?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sicilian peasant crossbowmen have no unit or info pics and they have no textures during battle.
    Last edited by jurcek1987; October 04, 2015 at 04:04 AM.

And my problem someone knows what i have to do?

@Ivan Imperator: you haven't posted the log generated after the crash yet, system.log.txt file

@Grabbin_Megroin: success!
    you still have to add them to data/text too, but next time you run the SS_setup.exe you wont need to copy over the files again.

@Jurcek1987: thanks!, I think that's another unit in the wrong faction hehe

Ops, well i hope know its the ritgh one

12:32:01.162 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_ship.txt,,,-147812:32:01.163 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.163 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt,905850
    12:32:01.163 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.165 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.166 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt,1810040
    12:32:01.166 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.171 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.171 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_buildings.txt,1139158
    12:32:01.171 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.175 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.175 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_guilds.txt,41575
    12:32:01.175 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:01.176 [system.io] [trace] file open,,33F4BCF8,5091263
    12:32:01.176 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/saves/Autosave.sav (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:32:04.250 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    12:32:04.250 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    12:32:04.784 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.