Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

@Used2BRoz: I'm impressed with your analysis! Anyway, I have seen sometimes battle crashes take place after the trigger battle5 or in the next step during TC_FLEE_INVASION transgression (or something like that). From memory and from what I've checked today, there are no mod-specific changes that are expected to take place during that time period. Personally, I have nothing more to say abou this topic; maybe Melooo182 or someone else has an answer.

Good news is that I managed to re-fight the same battle with the same result, both AI factions lost their generals attacking Cairo.
    And the game didn't crash.
    I kept my General away from the fighting, so maybe that helped.

Fought an identical battle against 2 more AI faction armies.
    Same result, no CTD,

I suspect it's a trait thing that has only a certain chance percentage so it doesn't always fire.
    --
    The BAI would be much more difficult to defeat if it just waited an extra turn, so that both attacking armies had siege equipment and could assault the walls at the same time.
    Instead there's time to defeat one and then the other, the second army taking massive losses as it slowly walks all the way round the settlement to attack the walls and gates.

(But that's probably not something we can fix ?)

Yeah, I 've seen this AI behaviour (when they are two armies besieging a settlement), but I have no workaround about this in mind.

About the trait issue: I believe you're referring to Trigger Battle_General_Took_Hits, don't you? There are some issues about the GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle condition in non-autoresolved battles and some people prefer PercentageBodyguardKilled instead, but none of these concern its stability. Nonetheless, the crashes you reported were at a stage earlier than PostBattle (ScrollOpened ScrollOpened post_battle_scroll); this is a reason that I suspect the problem is not in the EDCT/EDA. Nonetheless, I 'll give it a check in all PostBattle triggers again, but, since it seems you can have battle CTDs "on demand" , I' d like a favor from you: Can you issue the "disable_vnvs" cheat command before playing a battle that you expect to lead to CTD?

I'm not sure what's up with this, but I just noticed that Naples also has a ridiculously low success chance for my spy. He is 80-95% for all other cities yet only 19% for Naples which seems very odd.

Usually, Naples is a good place for the AI to train spies...

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

I posted in the turn 247 thread but just in case it is missed I thought I'd post here too. Regarding the RLC submod there is also a line "spawn_character 10byzantium random_name, princess, age 19, x 140, y 206" 10byzantium should be changed to hungary

Played a Fatimid campaign up to turn 180 - got bored with being attacked by everyone
    But no serious problems were encountered, no CTDs.

Currently playing Novgorod to see how that behaves.
    So far, so good, but as ever it's tedious due to the great distances between settlements, and having to move units to the castles or towns to rebuild units.
    Got some way to go before reaching the T180 mark, but nothing untoward spotted so far.
    No CTDs.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Updates

Have spotted the AI recruiting ships that get stuck in the lakes on the opposite shore to Constantinople.
    Only way to stop that is to remove the merc ships from the recruitment pools for that area.
    --------------------------------------------

The descr_strat has given a fort (Galway) in Ireland English rebel forces.
    should be Irish rebel units there.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; April 17, 2015 at 04:22 PM.

I'm playing as the Holly Roman Empire. Everytime the Pope starts a crusade all the leaders have the acceptance of the crusade grayed out. Is there a hot fix for this I'm missing (assuming, of course, that others have experienced the same problem), or a simple solution I haven't come across yet?
    Last edited by Rick; April 19, 2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Additional info

Do remove Baghdad as a crusade target.
    Crusaders would never have had any reason to go there.
    It's usually the first place selected and it distorts the whole game.

Hi just thought I should post this. I like the whole factions re-emerging thing but I have found that recently captured rebel cites (or independent cites) rebel and join a faction that had never owned them.

For example as Lithuania (can't remember the actual name so I will Just say Lithuania) I captured the independent settlements of Prague and Wolcott but they rebelled, Prague joined HRE, Wolcott joined Poland and it automatic made me at war with these two factions.

Malay make it so that only capitals or major castles/cites join or re-emerge as other factions.

*Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Do remove Baghdad as a crusade target.
    Crusaders would never have had any reason to go there.
    It's usually the first place selected and it distorts the whole game.
    Well I remember reading somewhere that during the 1st crusade, an invasion of Baghdad was in the table...however due to logistics requirements and internal disputes between leaders it never came to fruition.
    Reasons were plenty, it rivalled Constantinople in might and wealth, so there was plenty of loot there, not mentioning it was like the center of the muslim world, so capturing such city could be devastating to muslims morale.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan15875 View Post
    Hi just thought I should post this. I like the whole factions re-emerging thing but I have found that recently captured rebel cites (or independent cites) rebel and join a faction that had never owned them.

For example as Lithuania (can't remember the actual name so I will Just say Lithuania) I captured the independent settlements of Prague and Wolcott but they rebelled, Prague joined HRE, Wolcott joined Poland and it automatic made me at war with these two factions.

Malay make it so that only capitals or major castles/cites join or re-emerge as other factions.
    Hmmm that doesnt sound like the works of Viva La Rebellion, more like M2TW own "loyalist" revolts, i'll have a look at this.
    basically this happens because each settlement must be assigned to a faction even if it starts "Independent"/Rebel.

In the RLC mod is it normal for Nobel Ladies not to be able to marry Faction heirs or Faction Leaders or is this just a problem on my end? Other family members are fine though. Because it would be more interesting to get your faction leaders and heirs more interesting wives which add to their traits other than just using the boring ones from the tick or cross event messages.

They can't marry generals either but bear in mind I am using the original RLC mod I don't know if the RLC mod used in Titanium is any different or not.

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

I think I found a bug, in the descr_strat.txt the "S Peasant Archers" should be "EE Peasant Archers" for the starting units for Hungary, hungary has ownership of the EE peasant archers not the S peasant archers, they show up as silver surfers in battle. Thanks

Edit: also had a end turn ctd as Hungary, turn 9, is crashed on the Hungary icon. Here's the end of the log hope it helps.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    03:23:10.961 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alphabyg2/data/ui/pips/pip_islam.tga
    03:23:10.961 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alphabyg2/data/ui/pips/pip_islam.tga
    03:23:10.961 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/pips/pip_islam.tga,1068
    03:23:10.961 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/pips/pip_islam.tga (from: C:\Total War\Medieval II Total War)
    03:23:10.961 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alphabyg2/data/ui/pips/pip_pagan.tga
    03:23:10.962 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alphabyg2/data/ui/pips/pip_pagan.tga
    03:23:10.962 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/pips/pip_pagan.tga,1068
    03:23:10.962 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/pips/pip_pagan.tga (from: C:\Total War\Medieval II Total War)
    03:23:10.962 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alphabyg2/data/ui/pips/pip_heretic.tga
    03:23:10.962 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alphabyg2/data/ui/pips/pip_heretic.tga
    03:23:10.962 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/pips/pip_heretic.tga,1068
    03:23:10.962 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/pips/pip_heretic.tga (from: C:\Total War\Medieval II Total War)
    03:23:13.229 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_Governor_Building_Completed> fired
    03:23:13.229 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Building_MilitaryInclination_Castle_Barracks> fired
    03:23:13.230 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governor_building> fired
    03:23:13.230 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <architect_vnv_trigger> fired
    03:23:13.230 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <architect> not added - chance 3, random 15
    03:23:13.230 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Building_Completed> fired
    03:23:13.261 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by DeathtoEgo; April 29, 2015 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Hmmm that doesnt sound like the works of Viva La Rebellion, more like M2TW own "loyalist" revolts, i'll have a look at this. basically this happens because each settlement must be assigned to a faction even if it starts "Independent"/Rebel.
    This should be. If a small independent nation is mistreated by their conqueror, they may look to another powerful empire for assistance in exchange for loyalty. This should only be prevented if the to nations are allies.

This happened to poor Odo d'Arques when I tried to put him on a boat:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anything I can do?

Hello,

I started a new campaign with denmark (0.82 alpha) , but i noticed my characters would not speak at all. Same problem witj poland, kievan_rus, novgorod and norway - while HRE, france, iberian factions, genoa justworking fine....

I am using a german copy of MTW2 - in standart SS 6.4 I had to delete events.idx and events.dat in SS6.4/data/sounds in order to get the voices to work, as described here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p-Addendum2%29

It didnt work out and I still misssing the voices.

Any ideas?

BTW:
    I saw the HRE city of hamburg located south of the Elbe-river(as it was in ss6.4), which is not correct - hamburg was founded north of the elbe river, similar issue with stettin which was founded on the western side of the oder-river and not on the eastern side. I can provide some maps if u want, even tough its not too hard to find some yourself
    Last edited by InsaneAbacus; May 23, 2015 at 05:59 PM.
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

Dunno if a bug or a feature, but as England you cannot recruit "Archer Militia" on Army Barracks and above in a city.