Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

Try running with vsync - that limits frame rate afaik.

In my latest batch file for Bare Geomod I have also introduced the affinity setting to better support the use of only one core, maybe you can edit that into your batch file:

Spoiler for BAT file
    Code:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start /affinity 1 /high kingdoms.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg) ELSE (
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (
    start /affinity 1 /high medieval2.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg) ELSE (
        echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.
        echo You probably installed Bare Geomod into the wrong folder.
        pause
      )
    )
    Spoiler for CFG file

The CFG file in Bare Geomod is also forcing vsync:
    Code:
    [features]
    mod = mods/Bare_Geomod                # path to mod folder
    editor = 1                            # battle editor enabled

[log] 
    to = system.log.txt                    # path and name of log
    level = * trace                        # detailed log
    #level = * error                    # basic log

[misc]
    show_hud_date = 1                    # displays date and season above mini map
    #rebuild_geography_db = 1            # rebuilds geography data base
    #bypass_sprite_script = 1            # runs sprite script

[video]
    movies = 1                            # set to zero to stop intro movies
    #windowed = 1                        # allows for easy Alt+Tab, requires game video resolution the size of desktop or larger
    #borderless_window = 1                # removes border from windowed mode
    #battle_resolution = 1920 1080        # enter your desktop resolution
    #campaign_resolution = 1920 1080    # enter your desktop resolution
    #tga_width = 1920                    # enter width of your desktop resolution
    #tga_aspect = 1.9                    # enter value of width\height of your desktop resolution
    event_movies = 1                    # set to zero to disable event movies like crumbling walls
    no_background_fmv = 0                # set to one to disable menu background movie
    vsync = 1                            # slows down campaign map scrolling

[ai]
    #ltgd_logging = 1                    # detailed AI logging

[io]
    file_first = 1                        # look up sequence of files: mod, main game, packs
    disable_file_cache = 1                # file caching disabled for better performance

[game]
    allusers = 1
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1    # all reinforcements will arrive
    disable_arrow_markers = 0            # set to one to disable battle unit markers

[multiplayer]
    playable = 1                        # multi player enabled
    factions = 1                        # first faction selected as default

[hotseat]
    passwords = 0                        # use individual passwords for players
    turns = 0                            # force separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    autoresolve_battles = 1                # force autoresolve for all battles in hotseat campaign
    disable_console = 0                    # disable console in hotseat campaign.
    disable_papal_elections = 1            # disable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    save_prefs = 1                        # force relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_config = 1                        # save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    update_ai_camera = 1                # enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    validate_diplomacy = 1                # enable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    scroll = 0                            # show start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    admin_password = password             # specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    autosave = 1                        # autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    close_after_save = 0                # close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    gamename = hotseat_gamename            # sub directory name for hotseat save games
    validate_data = 1                    # ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files
    allow_validation_failures = 0        # prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail

If you want to use both files for Titanium simply change the blue entries to match your set up and call the CFG file 'configuration.cfg' or change the relevant entry in the BAT file.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 06, 2020 at 09:38 PM.

Nevermind I was able to fix it.

What I did was when I downloaded the 4GB patch it said to only apply to kingdoms. When I did apply it to medieval it would lag. So what I was able to do, was disable campaign shadows, and the. lower vegetation and city details (might not be needed). Then I applied the 4GB to both kingdoms and medieval. Now the game runs extremely smooth.

Great mod, are the timurids in it?

Is there an updated download that works for 0.9 or am I to use just the .8 Titanium?

Yeah, on the post with the 0.9 download, go to the comments, in the last or second to last comment page, there is a link to a 0.9 download that works

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryviking View Post
    Is there an updated download that works for 0.9 or am I to use just the .8 Titanium?
    Also at the bottom of the first post in BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 | you will find an alternative download link.
    Try that, and if it doesn't work, report it here, or at the end of it's thread.

hola este es mi primer mensaje tengo un problema con el mod y es que cuando estoy jugando en el mapa de la campaña todo se vuelve negro, aparece el logo de carga y se repite continuamente hasta terminar en un crash del juego.

[QUOTE = Yung Venuz; 15986853] hola este es mi primer mensaje tengo un problema con el mod y es que cuando estoy jugando en el mapa de la campaña todo se vuelve negro, aparece el logo de carga y se repite continuamente hasta terminar en un crash del juego. [/ QUOTE] Sorry, the page translated the text into Spanish. Hello, this is my first message. I have a problem with the mod and it is that when I am playing on the campaign map everything turns black, the loading logo appears and it repeats continuously until ending in a game crash

whoops sorry for breaking the DL link, I was moving and cleaning things around my MEGA account and deleted the folder containing the mod
    If needed I can reupload it somewhere else, my bad

The 1100 erq campaign does not work for me when I want to start the campaign.
    The 1139 era campaign works just fine.

Any suggestions?
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

I've really liked the look of this mod, but I keep getting consistent crashes. Either at the end of turns, or when loading up a battle, specifically siege. Also getting errors that specific submods can't be found, or something, and it's really confusing. This mod looks to be perfect for ss6.4 but then again I just...the crashes, there's so much!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Looks like a wrong installation. I've played it and haven't experienced many crashes.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Looks like a wrong installation. I've played it and haven't experienced many crashes.
    18:23:46.983 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:23:46.983 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    18:23:46.987 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:23:46.988 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:23:46.988 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:23:46.989 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:23:46.989 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:23:46.990 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:23:58.506 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    18:24:53.190 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    18:27:46.599 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    19:10:55.871 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <set_counter>, at line 2, in mods/Titanium/data/scripts/show_me/G5Script_fix.txt:
    Counter panel_check doesn't exist
    19:13:37.305 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_conditions>, at line 8, in mods/Titanium/data/scripts/show_me/G5Script_fix.txt:
    Counter panel_check doesn't exist
    when testing <I_CompareCounter> condition
    19:22:50.160 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Managed to somehow get it working, but now it crashes, only after a battle. The game loads, and in the campaign map screen, it then will crash.

I've been getting a persistent crash now. Installed SS6.4, then Titanium, started a 1100 campaign as Venice. Everything goes completely fine, UNTIL I finish a battle. The battle ends the game loads, and then during the final turn (Independent states) the game crashes, without fail, due to an unspecified error.....

I really love the look of Titanium but this crash is driving me nuts.