Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

If it wasn't an official upload then there is always the possibility of a corrupted file. Great to hear you can play now.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Try getting the v0.9 from here so that we know if it works properly with your installation.

I was wondering if the folder I installed had all the info, I got it from the comments.

The 0.9 version doesn't work from this site(can't be found) and I can't find the reddit post which linked the 0.9. The 0.8 has some models not rendered in battle like the mounted sergeants and such but its great otherwise.

I have been having problems with lag and crashing recently, on some saves the campaign map near Constantinople the game lags very hard, while the game also sometimes crash every 2 turns on other saves.

Post some images of the campaign map near Constantinople.

I managed to fix it by turning off campaign shadows. Originally when it did lag it was the 1100 start date with no changes. The campaign runs smoothly except for one problem, every 7 turns it crashes, is there anyway to fix this? Also i reinstalled the game put it in D/steamapps/common and then did the stainless steel, put SS.4 into SS.3 and then put titanium, put the patch for titanium in the folder and replaced the 22 item already there. Did I do everything right?

If it works you did it right.

About the crash every seven turns, if this is happening consistently then my guess is that it is caused buy deficient memory management.
    The only people who can fix this are the CA team who put together the game's hardcode and in all likelihood they are no longer with CA.

The solution for you is to save and exit the game every six turns to give your PC the opportunity to clean it's memory of lingering data.
    As the campaign progresses though, you may find that you need to do that every five, four, or two turns.

Read Experience point hints-&-tips.
    The game does keep track of all the stats of every soldier in every unit.
    As more armies are being raised and more and more troops are on the map, the savegame files will be getting larger and before you save your game all that data are kept in your PC's RAM.

So -I'm guessing- the crash problem will be getting more intense with the progress of the campaign.
    To my knowledge this problem appears in other mods too but the frequency depends on the active scripts as well.

Ok thanks, is it normal to have missing files? Everything works but the system log will still say things are missing

It's never normal to have missing files.
    I don't know which files are missing or if this has anything to do with the alchemy you did.

Here are all files it says are missing

19:59:10.735 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    19:59:10.735 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    19:59:10.745 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    19:59:10.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    19:59:12.606 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.607 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.611 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.612 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.614 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.614 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.616 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.618 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.619 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.620 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.622 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.623 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.625 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.626 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.627 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.628 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.674 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.674 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.676 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.681 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.681 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.681 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.684 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.684 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.686 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.686 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.686 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.686 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.691 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.697 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.698 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.705 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.730 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.731 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.737 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.738 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.739 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.741 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.743 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:59:12.743 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/u
    19:59:17.136 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    19:59:17.360 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:17.362 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.304 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.372 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    19:59:18.372 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    19:59:18.374 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    19:59:18.374 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    19:59:18.375 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    19:59:18.375 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    19:59:18.381 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    19:59:18.385 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    19:59:18.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.641 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.641 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.642 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.642 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.642 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.643 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.643 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.643 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.644 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    19:59:18.644 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

Is there an updated download of the the 0.9?

Yeah so I found my system log and wanted to give the full thing, but the attachments are limited to 1 MB any way I can upload it?

yeah so most of my system log when it comes to missing files looks like this:

20:33:53.674 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/mods/Titanium/data/models_strat/textures/northen_european_merchant_novgorod.tga\

does that mean it is somewhere in my computer or just didn't download

I'm calling for Gigantus' help on this, stand by.

Blog Entries

missing files - rule of thumb

if it is a tga.dds file then forget about it: that's the alternate lookup from RTW
    if it says 'cannot find portrait path' then forget about it: that culture has no detailed portraits and will take the pics form another culture (see descr_cultures.txt for portrait path)

Underneath a typical search sequence from a trace log that might explain what happens (green my notes):
    Code:
    file open,,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_addlight1_tgen_1_duptex1.vsh,,not found -- file is not in the mod
    pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_addlight1_tgen_1_duptex1.vsh,,not found -- opening local pack, not found
    pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_addlight1_tgen_1_duptex1.vsh,1220 -- opening data_2 pack
    open:   found data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_addlight1_tgen_1_duptex1.vsh (from: packs/data_2.pack) -- file found in pack
    pack close,,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_addlight1_tgen_1_duptex1.vsh,,,-1220 -- closing data_2 pack
    exists: missing mods/mach/data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_addlight1_tgen_2_duptex1.vsh  -- missing file exists

Ah thanks, that makes sense, what about the exist:missing?

Blog Entries

kinda weird code speak:

first it says 'file not found' if the file isn't in the mod
    after the file is found that error message gets prefixed with 'exists: missing file'

In proper English:

file does not exist in mod
    missing file exists (in pack file or main game)

Thanks, that clears almost everything up, I have just one question. Is it normal to have lots of crashes with battles? Siege and normal battles take 3-4 attempts to work. Do I need to a better GPU or graphics card, cause it does run smooth and then just crashes

This is not supposed to happen.
    What are your CPU and main memory and GPU and GPU memory?
    Does this happen in every battle?
    Do you have other programs running in the background?
    Do you have the original or updated drivers for you graphics card?
    Is there any active GPU performance-monitoring program that alters the GPU clock settings depending on GPU workload?
    How long have you had this graphics card?
    When was the last time you opened the GPU cooling fan assembly to clean the dust?

There are way too many variables to this problem and these are just the ones that came to my mind in short notice.
    Try to eliminate those possibilities one by one before we begin to investigate the possibility of a scripting insufficiency.