Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

Much obliged. Here it is:

system.log.txt
    I am Balor.

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

forgot one last question, Since the log is quite big, How much of a turn did you play, and what was the very last thing you did before you get CTD(hit "end turn", tried to go to battle, tried to move a character, or look at a settlement, etc)
    If you hit end turn, on which faction did the game CTD, and which one came immediatley after it in the lineup at the top of the screen. that will narrow the number of entries to sort.
    If you can, start up titanium, with your log active, and try to do just what caused the crash, then post that log(zipped please, 11Mb with occasionally slow internet/ trying to provide help on my phone is quite a download.)
    In the mean time, it looks like it might be crashing whilst checking a bunch of triggers.
    Is this after a battle of some sort?

You know, it might be as easy to zip your savegame and upload that somewhere. But i get if you dont like that idea.
    Last edited by Lord Caim; February 09, 2016 at 02:05 AM. Reason: suggested savegame upload

looking at that log it seems the crash occurred during AI Obortrites' Turn, 3sec after hiring some mercenary troops...what happened during those 3sec the log doesnt say, so you might want to upload the savegame before the CTD

Setting to follow AI movements and removing FOW might give some extra clues what happens before the crash, you could upload the savegame so someone else can do that for you, not me though xD Im already too busy.

@Lord Caim: Thanks for offering support man.

Thanks for all your help so far. To compound my frustrations, it seems that the external CD drive i'm using is broken. I'll be getting another asap.

The save game and log are in this folder if anyone can help. Really appreciate it!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I am Balor.

I can't pin it down.

I think it has to do with the 127-character-letter unit seige battle glitch, perpetrated by the oborites. Every time the game crashed, the Obos were being beseiged. But on more than one occasion, i was able to slide past it, for whatever reason.

My suggestion: keep trying to go on a few times, see if you cant slide past also. Im going to upload the save where i made it to 1175, or about 5 turns beyond your initial crash. It had and unrelated crash when spawning the RLC in london, but it only crashed once. you can use the save i upload if you dont get anywhere. the only thing i did was keep your building queues building. So youll have to suffer 5 turns of latentcy, 2 princesses getting to old to princess, France recapturing Rome for the Pope, and HRE making a reappearance at vienna, there was no fights on my behalf. Your campaign map should be called "Venice the menace."
    i was able to make it to turn 160 without a crash, from this save. but it took a few tries. france, venice, and the oborites keep crashing the game- again i think it is because of the 127letter-character limit for seige battles.

in short, for you, there arent many things you can do besides trying to force your way around it with reloads. My suggestion, if it keeps giving you lots of trouble, spawn a large stack with the console, and use the character reset and create unit to go around and swat down the oborites a little, you may even locate the city causing the crash. In that case, you can cheat some gold, and try to force them to give you the city through diplomacy. Engage France/Venice/oborites so that they stay out of seige battles. Or just try to keep them peaceful with eachother.
    I had better luck with not crashing when i set fow off and followed AI movement, for whatever reason, its like the obos are cheating and dont want you to see.
    heres the 1175 save. Best of luck
    Balor 2.zip

@Melooo:
    And, no problem. I really wanted to help with this, but my lifestyle did not lend well to learning anything useful, or actually being able to devote time to it. So i do what i can.
    This is what i believe the problem is relating to this link here. Starting at post 6, with another informative link at post 7. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...of-battle-maps
    This could be an issue for the mod as a whole, dependant on the length of the end-users filepath's. could be why this issue hasnt surfaced much sooner, maybe Balor has a long filepath to get into his M2TW masterfile.

And i found what i believe to be a minor issue in the ancilaries. Handgun and Harshjudge. for some reason handgun has a law bonus, and the judge does not. The entries are right next to eachother.
    Last edited by Lord Caim; February 09, 2016 at 04:36 PM. Reason: reorganization, and clarification

Foederatus

HI I installed the latest version installed 0.85 . then when i launch the game it crashes at start screen can you help ?

Did you do the setup ss_setup.exe ?
    If you did, just re run it to make sure its not a error on the computers part.
    Failing that, delete the Titanium folder, and perform a fresh install.

If you have ever been able to play titanium, and now you cant, the above should fix whatever couldve changed and any potential installation errors.

If your problem persists, then read on.

Set your error log to trace, run your game and crash it, zip your log, and post it here and lets see why its crashing.
    In your Titanium Alpha parent folder, there should be a "default", or similarly named file in a CFG format: Open it with your favorite text editor, probably Notepad. You should see these entries in this relativley small file:
    Code:
    [log]
    to=mods/Titanium_Alpha/system.log.txt
    level=* error
    #level=* trace
    Remove the # over trace, or if the dang entry doesn't exist, copy it in there from here. Make it look like this:
    Code:
    [log]
    #level=* error
    level=* trace
    Save the file, load your game, crash it, then load that system file log here. It should provide us with some definitive stuff.
    After we sort your crash out, go back into the .CFG file, and re # the "trace" because, otherwise, the text file can get quite big.

Edit: Is there any way to have a forum mod post the instructions, which i can rewrite better, on the FIRST post of this thread, even though Andytheplatapus hasnt logged on in forever?
    I feel it would help us streamline the help process

Edit 2: I have no problem whatsoever in doing that for you, can easily be achieved, but do your re-write you offered. However new posters might not check the first post, so we will probably get questions.

Navajo Joe
    SS Forum Moderator

Edit 3: Here we go. Please feel free to adjust it for clarification, or add content I may have overlooked.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    If you're having what you believe to be a bug caused by the game, or this mod, Please follow the instructions below, that we may help you in the quickest, least confusing manner possible.

First, if this is your first time, and you are experiencing a CTD(crash to desktop) before the game loads, make sure that you've run the "setup.exe" file in the Titanium_alpha main folder. If you encounted a CTD or CTM(crash to menu) on faction selection and you just installed SS or Titanium, this is most probably an UAC\VirtualStore Problem. Please refer to the various installation guides and UAC guides in Stainless Steel forum to help further.

Second, if your issue is a CTD in the campaign, ensure to set your log to trace. An explanation follows:

In your Titanium Alpha parent folder, there should be a "default", or similarly named file in a CFG format: Open it with your favorite text editor, probably Notepad. You should see these entries in this relativley small file:
    Code:
    [log]
    level=* error
    #level=* trace
    Remove the # over trace, or if the entry doesn't exist, copy it in there from here. Make it look like this:
    Code:
    [log]
    #level=* error
    level=* trace
    Save the file, load your game, make it crash, then load that system file log here.

Then, when you load your system log here, please make sure that it is zipped(or 7z, or rar) for easier download access. You may also include a zipped copy of your save game.

Third, then please fill out this form so we can get to the issue directly

1: What era of Titanium are you playing, and have you installed any submods or done any personal modding? And what faction are you playing?

2: What kind of issue are you having? (CTD, graphical issue, missing texture, campaign map issue, Freezes or 'hangs', text inaccuracies, other minor bug, etc)

3: Please describe how you can recreate the issue, and what it affects if it is not a CTD. ("Hitting 'end turn' causes CTD", "attempting to go into a battle with 'X' causes CTD" "The English 'mailed knights' have a silver/white appearance on the battlefield" "The unit card for 'X' looks like a peasant." Etc)

3a: If you are having an "End Turn" CTD, please describe at what turn you are on, and what country the counter at the top of the screen makes it to and the one after it, when the CTD occurs (ie Im playing England, after hitting end turn, the game goes through to France when it crashes, with Venice being the next faction in the lineup)

4: Additional information. Anything else you find pertinent. If it's not a CTD, feel free to provide a screenshot.
    Last edited by Lord Caim; February 10, 2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: addition

Bad installation are most likely result of UAC/Virtual Store getting in the way
    Check Losthief's SS6.4 installation guide linked in Open Alpha thread OP

Thanks again for taking the time to help!

maybe Balor has a long filepath to get into his M2TW masterfile
    This is possible. I'm pretty sure my laptop is a mess and things are scattered everywhere. I'm planning on getting a new machine in the next month so will setup everything nice and clean then.

EDIT: That saved game won't work for me... just keeps going back to the main menu when i try and load it.

EDIT 2: Do you think this will be a recurrent problem, even if I start another campaign with a different faction (Georgia)?
    Last edited by Balor; February 12, 2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: More questions!
    I am Balor.

*bump*
    I am Balor.

Sorry the save isn't seeming to work, I don't know why it wouldn't?

It could be. especially because the problem seems to be originating in the oborites. For the problem i think it is, you could always move your M2TW file closer to your C drive, as in "C:\Medieval II Total War\mods\Titanium_Alpha"
    instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Games\library\lotsofotheruselessfilepathingthatclogsupthewholething\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Titanium_Alpha"
    If this is this issue, a simple move, or at worst, a reinstal to that location would probably fix it, if it took enough characters off of the filepath. this is due to the fact that for some odd reason, in very particular scenarios, the game is looking for a file, but only has 7 bits to do this. 127 characters = 7 bits here. when it exceeds that, the game cannot look beyond that, and crashes.

An in game work around could be to destroy the oborites, and destroy any re emergence attempt they make.
    You could, for example try an ingame work around of spawning many full stacks with catapults and the best troops, take all of the obos land with autoresolve, and then use diplomacy to give it away to the surrounding factions. that MIGHT save you from whatever is going on, if it is in fact the aforementioned. but there certainly arent any promises.

Starting a new game might alleiviate this, for a while. or it might never come back. Im just not sure.

You have been very helpful, thank you. I actually started a Georgia game last night so will run that into the ground before I go back to Scotland!
    I am Balor.

I think I have a money issue.

My economic report clearly states that I should make 13000 per turn and yet I only get 3000, some 10000 mysteriously disappear every turn.
    I can not take a screenshot unfortunately. This happened also when I was in a deficitary period, instead of losing 3000 according to the report I would lose 13000.

Have you got any idea as to why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    @NeewaX: are you using BGRIV?
    did you take loans?
    I don't use BGRIV and neither took any loans.

weird, any other submods active?
    every bit of information you can give is most helpful...not just reporting the symptoms.

Greetings.

I love the mod thus far, with as little as I've played. I'm stuck on a battle with the papacy helping me out killing some rebels outside of my town of Naples as the Sicilians. The battle keeps crashing at about the same time into it. Not immediately. I tried the crash fix and it had some error installing in the launcher something about "[" missing. Not sure if applicable but I don't ever disable uac or virtual store(whatever that is) when I install, as I don't believe it to affect anything. Stainless steel runs fine and crashes not so often. The crashing seems more relative to this mod. Would like to know if my laziness has failed me or if it's something else.

Edit: Interestingly enough, after the third time trying, the battle didn't crash. This time I kept my forces back and didn't deselect the camera restriction option. Was it because the enemy rebel AI can't handle being surrounded? Also, I un-checked the G5 battle fix before I did it. Is it successfully uninstalled now?

Logfile:
    15:07:33.727 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:07:33.728 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    15:07:33.730 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:07:33.730 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:07:33.731 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:07:33.731 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:07:33.732 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:07:33.732 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:08:59.515 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    Last edited by WillTheOnly; March 01, 2016 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    You expect to use Assassins and NOT be considered a dreadful leader?
    It's all about honor, and stabbing someone in the dark without giving them a fair chance to fight back is about as nasty as it gets.
    Assassins = Dread. The end.
    "Lost all hope in humanity" count: 7

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by WillTheOnly View Post
    Not sure if applicable but I don't ever disable uac or virtual store(whatever that is) when I install, as I don't believe it to affect anything.
    So, even though nearly every single mod install instruction advises you to do so, you refuse to believe that it causes issues?

It takes you about 4 seconds to disable it and you can re-enable it after installation, even if you did not believe it, you should have done it just for safety's sake.

About your CTD;

Do you have the steam version?
    Could you post your savegame file or at least the error log?

I know it must be irritating. I've installed Stainless Steel so many times I've had the opportunity to compare from when I first did(I disabled uac) to probably 20 installs later of not doing it anymore - same for TATW. Doesn't ever affect the game to my knowledge. Keeping it enabled allows me feel more secure when installing mods in general rather than let any changes to my computer happen. Call it paranoia if you will. Although after so many years it's turned from caution to just laziness. Are you telling me I don't have to restart my computer after every adjustment to uac? Because it says it'll only take effect after doing such.

Anyways, I still use the disk and manually install 1.5 after kingdoms. I do however add the launcher to steam. I assume this doesn't change anything.
    And I would love to if I knew how. Where is the error log located? And how do I post said files? Do I have to put them in a file sharing service online?
    Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    You expect to use Assassins and NOT be considered a dreadful leader?
    It's all about honor, and stabbing someone in the dark without giving them a fair chance to fight back is about as nasty as it gets.
    Assassins = Dread. The end.
    "Lost all hope in humanity" count: 7

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Are you telling me I don't have to restart my computer after every adjustment to uac? Because it says it'll only take effect after doing such.
    You don't install stuff all the time, restarting will not take away much time in your life.

Anyways, I still use the disk and manually install 1.5 after kingdoms. I do however add the launcher to steam. I assume this doesn't change anything. And I would love to if I knew how.
    Not sure, I myself have a "regular" installation and I do not mingle it with steam considering the majority of people reporting issues in general(playing older titles ofc) are steam installation peeps(though it does not have to be related, perhaps steam users are on average less experienced with old game installs).

Where is the error log located? And how do I post said files? Do I have to put them in a file sharing service online?
    Your M2TW error log is located in your Medieval 2 total war folder, in the subfolder "logs".

Your Titanium error log is located in your Titanium folder, the file is called "system.log".

You can just copy paste the text in that file.
    Last edited by +Marius+; March 02, 2016 at 10:12 AM.