Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Icon4 Titanium - Bug Reports

Obviously not needed yet, wanted to get it out of the way.

Default this not working for me plz help?

hi, this is my first post with this account i think, i had one some years ago that i used but i have no idea of the username, pass or mail i used so whatever XD

just to say that im not exactly new to the game, i have been playing ss for years but only now i started to get interested in submods.

here's the problem

i installed ss6.3, then SS6.3_installation_patcher_v.2.5 and then SS 6.4. So i got a clean install. Then i installed titanium as instructed. (i think) Everything seemed ok until i pressed start campaign and it wont do it. When i press start, after selecting a faction, game dificulty, etc it goes back to the previous menu to select from campaign or custom battle etc. whats going on? did i install something wrong and it messed up something?

Default Re: this not working for me plz help?

In your Titanium_Alpha folder you will find default.cfg file please open with notepad and make the following change if not already done:

level=* error
    #level=* trace

Change To:

level=* trace
    #level=* trace

Now if the change above was necessary please attempt repeating the error so that the log refreshes. If the change wasn't necessary, skip to the next step

please open the system.log.txt file located in your Titanium_Alpha folder and paste it here
    Last edited by Deteriorate; December 06, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Apologies to those 8 people who downloaded v0.81 before 0:00 UTC timing, you'll have to redownload the whole thing

OR

open Titanium_Alpha/data/campaign/early/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_start.txt with notepad or similar
    then with ctrl+f search for Il-Arslan and replace that with Il_Arsla#n
    Then run SS_setup.exe

Those that downloaded the pack after the aforementioned time, can ignore this post
    you might be one of those unfortunates

pick your solution, the campaign should work fine after that.

Can we avoid having a new thread opened for each bug or installation problem?

i am new to the forum i have little idea where do post questions, i am sorry, feel free to move this.

about my error/bug i will be back later

You should probably bump the bug thread up so people will notice.

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

Since he Alpha has been released I figure I'll bump this thread so people will see it and post in it rather than make new threads.

i dont understand what u are saying b257, are u saying i should edit the title mention its about a bug? actually i would like to do that but i can't find any option to edit my thread.

b257 post wasn't specifically directed at you GenPattonx

there is an already existing thread for bug reporting, here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post14241520
    you can use that if have any problems in the future.

Now, Navajo Joe if you're so kind, merge these threads please

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    You should probably bump the bug thread up so people will notice.
    I didn't consider meaningful to bump a thread that was already stickied. And there no bug not any log report to consider this CTD as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by gsthoed View Post
    I didn't consider meaningful to bump a thread that was already stickied. And there no bug not any log report to consider this CTD as a bug.
    Yeah but still, the thread was so far down the stickied thread list some users would have failed to notice it.

@GenPattonx, don't worry my post wasnt directed at you, I was just pointing out the bug thread Andytheplatypus had originally created that was pretty much buried in the stickies.

i still can't start campaign.

I did what Deteriorate said, i changed:

level=* error
    #level=* trace

To:

level=* trace
    #level=* trace

in the default.cfg, but this didn't worked. He said that i should paste my system log here but it is huge! Can i attach a file here somehow? I have no idea.

Just also would like someone to confirm if my installs are correct:

SS6.3
    SS6.4
    bugfix compilation v1.26
    addendum 1
    addendum 2
    Titanium (in the release thread i read that warning saying hotfixes/updates only work after the setup - i am confused by this, do u guys mean the bugfix compilation and addendums must be installed after titanium, or are u guys talking about other titanium hotfixes? If so i haven't found any thread or posts with hotfixes or patches for titanium... am i missing something)

Plz help
    Last edited by GenPattonx; December 10, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

one more thing i also tried to install bugfix compilation v1.26 after titanium had installed, i extracted in "mods" folder but it created a SS6.3 folder, next to the Titanium Alpha folder, is this the way its suppose to be or in this case i should extract to "mods/Titanium ALpha" ?

(ignore this)
    Last edited by GenPattonx; December 10, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

There is something seriously wrong here, in the faction preview thread u guys list 31 factions, but on campaign menu i only see 25 factions and on custom battle there are only 28! What is going on lol !?

I checked and i think these are the ones missing:

Volga Bulgaria
    Georgia
    Principality of Cicilia
    Principality of Racia
    Sultanate RUm
    Ghor Sultanate
    Last edited by GenPattonx; December 10, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenPattonx View Post
    There is something seriously wrong there, in the faction preview thread u guys list 31 factions, but on campaign menu i only see 25 factions and on custom battle there are only 28! What is going on lol !?

I checked and i think these are the ones missing:

Volga Bulgaria
    Georgia
    Principality of Cicilia
    Principality of Racia
    Sultanate RUm
    Ghor Sultanate
    Still Alpha buddy, those are the proposed factions, they haven't been added yet.

ok then the only thing wrong is that i can't start campaign...

About what meloo said, to go to the descr_start.txt it says it can't find Il-Arslan...

I don't know what to do, should i reinstall medieval from scratch?

Edit: it has Il_Arsla#n already: http://prntscr.com/5fe0w8

I think someone should see the systemlog, it's huge, and i mean really huge, but i don't know where to upload
    Last edited by GenPattonx; December 10, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

The bugfix compilation is for SS6.4, not Titanium lol.

Titanium already has all those fixes.

what i recommend is to remove all traces of titanium and install it again, preferably with a fresh download.
    Oh and you could check that SS6.4 runs fine before installing Titanium, that way you can discard the problems isnt from a bad installation of SS.

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys, long time follower, first time poster. Been following along with M2TW since it came out. First of all, I'd like to say that the titanium alpha is vastly superior to every mod of M2 I have played, including SS(mostly because it is based on, and set as an improvement to it.) I have played through a full Scotland, Venice, Aragon, England and Egypt campaigns, and I am currently At the beginning of an HRE(my personal favorite Faction). Next I'd like to say that I'm by no means a technical expert, I can just follow directions very well. So now I will post some bugs/ what I feel might be unintentional issues.

1.) The several forts (like one northwest of Esztergom) has allowed me to assault it several times with only ladders, but they have small walls(like a town does) so no way to use these ladders, leading to a 30 second delay that leads to my loss? obviously this is not a CTD or other actual bug, perhaps just some oversight.
    2.) The absurd England land bridges... these are temporary i hope? walking over 5 'spaces' of water is kind of silly, and any general can recruit a merc cog to get them across.
    3.) Aragon and Portugal should start with more than one territory each, for balancing issues, as when i played as Scotland the moors rode up and slapped portugal out of the game in under 10 turns, and Castile dominated Aragon in roughly 20 turns during my Venice Campaign(I must admit, i played a bit of diplomatic treachery here). After noting this, i tried to reproduce this , and couldn't, so it seems like an isolated occurrence, but still.

Anyway, great game, made better by the likes of the SS Team, and now the Spectacular(and small) Titanium team. I would like to offer whatever help i can to your great team, though my knowledge is (currently) limited, i can do anything shy of Artworking, if pointed in the right direction. historical research or editing the txt files would be something I could do with little instruction, but i could learn anything not art related to help further the cause.
    Last edited by Lord Caim; January 24, 2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: corrections and new understanding.

Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast