Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

White or silver surfer like? If the latter please give the full unit's name and the faction you noticed it with.

Silver surfer, it's the Archers type, the ones with yellow and black tops with hoods.
    It's happened with England (my units) and rebels (their units)
    It also created enormous white graphical glitches

Blog Entries

1. Find out the faction's data name in text\campaign_descriptions, eg {abc]Independent Staes
    2. Trace the unit name in text\export_units, could be several possibilities, eg {xyz}Archer
    3. Follow up xyz unit's ownership in EDU - eg abc
    4. If that faction has ownership check the EDU's armour_ug models in the modelDB file for that faction's texture entry, make sure the texture files exist.
    5. If the entry is missing then clone an existing entry (only recommended for modding experienced users, too many little things that can mess stuff up)
    6. If the texture is missing check for possible typos and correct the modeldb entry (line count number may change!) else copy the relevant lines from another faction's entry
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 06, 2019 at 09:52 PM.

https://gyazo.com/5eee85aba726252c2e6dbccaaeb00d32

I get this massive error too, if I go far away it disappears but when I get up close this massive graphical glitch happens. Not every battle though, but frequently in seiges / bridge battles.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Could be connected to the building graphic files. Are you running building battles on high detail, if so reduce it by one level.

I'll try that, thanks. Amazing mod I love it

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by wafu View Post
    Amazing mod I love it
    Tell your friends then!

Blog Entries

I just got a reminder in the Steam forum that this might help, from my 'freeze' guide: (in that case persistent low fps was solved)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

Mo' notes: just had input in the Steam forum that in a persistent 'fatal graphics' crash case it worked if 'administrator' wasn't tick marked. Instead selecting the 'override' and 'full screen' option solved the problem.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

After having played 70 turns as Venice on vh/vh with BGR_IV and KER I conclude that the main issue is the AI stack spam that occur after ca. 60 turn. The reason, imo, is the incredible growth of the AI settlements - as you may see below in the pics it can go from a wooden_castle to a fortress in 30 turns. The result is: the AI factions have all the fortresses and cities in place to can churn out all best troops. The main culprit for this growth - judging on the basis of EDU and this post - are the EDB entries for the main building lines containing AI bonuses like:
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1 and not event_counter thinks_of_his_people 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1

All three factors are defined in the descr_settlement_mechanics to impact on population growth.
    Given hardcoded bonuses for the AI at VH this turns into AI upgrading everything very fast. This produces imbalances and it matters even if you don't play with BGR - stack spam will still occur. But if you play BGR it's perhaps a game over to you.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've had a short look the the EDCT and I've got some doubts in the following code:

----
    Trait ThinksOfHisPeople
    Characters family
    NoGoingBackLevel 1
    AntiTraits BadAdministrator, Slothful, Arse, Feck, StrategyDread

Level Thinks_Of_His_People
    Description Thinks_Of_His_People_desc
    EffectsDescription Thinks_Of_His_People_effects_desc
    GainMessage Thinks_Of_His_People_desc
    Threshold 4
    ---
    I seems to that
    1. concerning mechanics: it means that the ruler once get starts thinking of his people, he'll do it to his death (NoGoinBack?)
    2. there'll be the AntiTrait+NoComingBack bug accurring constantly as there're many antitraits.

-----------

In the script file: I'm also not sure if the citadel boost was adjusted to 2TPY:

;=================== AI Citadel check ===================
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart IsFactionAIControlled
    and not FactionBuildingExists = citadel
    and I_TurnNumber > 120

set_event_counter citadel_boost 1
    end_monitor
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 04, 2019 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    In the script file: I'm also not sure if the citadel boost was adjusted to 2TPY:

;=================== AI Citadel check ===================
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart IsFactionAIControlled
    and not FactionBuildingExists = citadel
    and I_TurnNumber > 120

set_event_counter citadel_boost 1
    end_monitor
    That monitor might be a bit much or needs refining - it will fire for all AI factions even if there is only a single AI faction without a citadel, and that faction doesn't even have to have a castle base, eg regular settlements only.
    Code:
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionBuildingExists >= motte_and_bailey    ; has at least a core_castle_building at that level
        and not FactionBuildingExists = citadel            ; but does not have a citadel
        and I_TurnNumber > 120
        if I_IsFactionAIControlled [faction_name]
            set_event_counter citadel_boost_[faction_name] 1
        end_if
        if I_IsFactionAIControlled [faction_name2]
            set_event_counter citadel_boost_[faction_name2] 1
        end_if
    end_monitor
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 04, 2019 at 08:22 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That monitor might be a bit much or needs refining - it will fire for all AI factions even if there is only a single AI faction without a citadel, and that faction doesn't even have to have a castle base, eg regular settlements only.
    Code:
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionBuildingExists >= motte_and_bailey    ; has at least a core_castle_building at that level
        and not FactionBuildingExists = citadel            ; but does not have a citadel
        and I_TurnNumber > 120
        if I_IsFactionAIControlled [faction_name]
            set_event_counter citadel_boost_[faction_name] 1
        end_if
        if I_IsFactionAIControlled [faction_name2]
            set_event_counter citadel_boost_[faction_name2] 1
        end_if
    end_monitor
    Thanks, Gig, this is very helpful. In the EDB there're huge population growth bonuses for every castle-type so it's can have a massive impact - if the player gets to that turn.

BTW, I didn't delve into it (and I won't) but the civil war system in the Titanium somehow doesn't work, at least for the Venice faction. I had a civil war but just one general rebelled, and when he was killed attacked by an enemy, the war didn't stop. There're also strange swings in FL authority. Maybe the system (I believe from SS?) interferes with the KER submod? I don't know.

Hi guys if anyone can help im having an end of turn ctd no matter what savegame i use, log attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

The final part, which has no ending crash message for some reason, looks like a battle is about to start - first a general's portrait is looked up (line 103629) and then a boatload of small unit pics. The faction in question is england, if that is any help.

Suggest to lift fog of war and follow the AI to get an idea which army that might be.

A reminder of a bug we found in EBII: if the path to a unit's attachment is too long then you may get a battle crash. Suggest to drastically shorten the mod's folder name in any new release and review attachment names in the modeldb.

Also review if the unit pics (england and mercs) are of the same size and are either in TGA2 or TGA10 format (compressed\uncompressed).

Thanks gigantus i am playing as england, As to the eb bug I'm sorry i dont know what you mean and also dont know how to review the unit pics? It looks to you though as if its a specific event thats causing it? Im going to try and spin through from a few turns before without moving anything and see if it still crashes at the same time, dont know if that will help but unfortunately I dont understand your advice!

Blog Entries

My bad - I should have made clear that the EBII bug and the pic issue was addressed at the team.

so theres nothing i can do really then?

Default Corrupt save file or campaign end date?

So i have a HRE campaign going and i beat all the objectives with over 60 turns left. Obviously, i continued on but i keep getting corrupted saves around 1338-1340ish year range. Does the mod end at a certain time, hence it being early era? Is that why i can't keep playing on? I went back and tried to load non corrupted save files and they work, but crap out again around 1340 everytime.

I'm going to assume i can't keep going and the early era is over? Sucks i was looking forward to conquering the entire map for the first time ever.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Corrupt save file or campaign end date?

I don't know for sure, let me get some more expert help.

Blog Entries

Corrupted saves are rare - what is the size of those save files? In 1648 we had problems because we were spawning a lot of characters (literally hundreds) that bloated the save until it couldn't be loaded anymore.