Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Faction Preview

Default Re: Titanium - Faction Preview

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Sweden as a kingdom wasn't around during the period the mod takes place, if I recall correctly it was composed mostly of independent self governing provinces and jarldoms, could be wrong. Were their any significant jarldoms during that time? I wouldn't mind having Gotaland as a faction
    No one actually knows when the Kingdom of Sweden was formed. The first King of Sweden is said to be Eric the Victorious, whose reign started in 970. Sweden was a Christian nation since 1050. So it was definitely around in the period of the mod. That said, are we going only for 1100-1204, or will the Early Campaign continue beyond 1204?
    Omne Solum Forti Patria (O'Siadhail family motto)

Translation: Every land is a native land to a brave man.

I have limited experience in unit and campaign scripting.

because of the game nature, the campaign can continue well beyond until you get tired xD (some have reached present day date) but the technological clock would stop at the beginning of the 13th c I think

Saint12345's Avatar Foederatus

What? Cmon guys, we havent been released in any first release yet! I would understand it if we were some pointless country, but we were of real importance down here, at Balkans from very beggining

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

When we go to add more factions we will more then likely have a poll so you can vote for the factions you would prefer to have or not have. Until then it doesnt do much good arguing for factions you want in.

Saint12345's Avatar Foederatus

I was just saying, but Okay 'badass' your mod, your rules.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

No worries suggestions are always welcome, just letting you guys know that we arent at the stage of deciding on factions quite yet.

Looking good guys, just wondering though if the danube line would possibly be implemented, as during this time frame the byzantines held all territory under the danube but their possessions did not reach above it into Wallachia. I'm just suggesting this in the interest of being historically accurate, of course what you guys decide to do is entirely up to you.

Well current working map has the Danube river with few crossings and most of them either guarded by forts or settlements, also IIRC the same river acts as border for much of the provinces in the area, so we could say your suggestion is already there
    xD however that hasn't stoped the byzies still going north in test campaigns i've done although the increase of the provinces in the Balkans kinda keeps them busier south of the Danube .

I mean I figured, I was just wondering whether the borders were accurate, because the stainless steel 6.4 map has it really strange, with the province of bulgaria stretching up into wallachia across the danube, and the upper part of Moesia being part of muntenia (I assume just to give that province a port.) The only mod I've seen with the borders accurate is the sship submod, and I'm hoping this one also.

Did Portugal really have a different foreign policy then Spain though in the early era?
    I would say so given the county became independent from leon-castile.... alsoThe Portuguese had closer ties with the English, and specialy the Templar order.
    While yes the reconquista was the main thing, Portugal did tangled with Castile and its Frankish allies now and then.
    The templars and the northen english/flemish, and some Germanic crusaders, were very crucial in Helping King henrique of Burgundy in the formation of the kingdom, specialy with the conquest of Lisbon. that aliance Between England and Portugal is officialy still in place.
    Just as an interesting video, to give you a notion how the templars were influencial, and important in Portugal. ( too bad you cant even recruit templar knights with Portugal In SS, since they were even more important for Portugal then the Knights of Santiago.) ( allthough im using a sub mod, that enable sthe recruitment of all knightly religious orders)

At anycase i hope the team find the best balance possible, specialy in the midle east and levante, it surely needs it ( maybe more then the baltic or scandinavia.. it is alwasy tricky though)
    I would just like to point out that the fight against muslims in iberia, was considered as important as the fight in the holy land, by the Pope, for once i would like to see a litle more detail in iberia either by the christian, and muslim factions as well.

What's the rationale behind including the Ghor Sultanate? The map barely extends to the farthest edge of their territory, and my understanding is that their attention was nor primarily focused to their west.

i know right? would rather have ireland lol

Ghor sultanate won't be in future releases, Darksaber11 nailed it, HURB has rather forced in 3 cities which are geographically outside of the campaign map.

Only the Abbasids (replacing Timurids) and Obotrites (replacing Lithuania) are the confirmed new factions.

The other likely to be added soon are the Kingdom of Georgia and the Principality of Rascia(Serbia)

Then perhaps the County of Portugal might be replaced by Cilicia Armenia

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    ...The other likely to be added soon are the Kingdom of Georgia and the Principality of Rascia(Serbia)
    I am not 100% confident about all that.

(Crusade of 1101)

If we include Armenian Cilicia then why not the Danishmends as well?
    The Principality of Antioch is not a bad candidate and there are plenty of Italian states (Florence and Genoa not least among them) that were influential to the outcome of the crusades.
    I mean, in what way was Rascia of greater consecuence than the Principality of Antioch (or the County of Edessa for all that matters) in 1100?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(Asia minor 1140)
    Last edited by paleologos; November 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM.

Well if we were doing an Asia minor regional campaign we could have all those factions, but since the map comprises all of europe+north africa and part of asia.

True that the Principality of Rascia didn't have a grand historical role during most of the 12th century, It was during the 13th as the Kingdom of Serbia that it gained more prominence...they could be left for the High Era Campaign then.
    But the Kingdom of Georgia did have more importance during the 12th century and they can be a counterbalance in the region perhaps allowing the crusader states survive a bit longer...because right now they always seem to collapse in less than 80 turns when controlled by the AI.

If the early campaign is cut to 1220, the mongols and TO can be replaced by other factions as well. This also shortens the campaign to 240 turns.
    I'll do that for alpha 0.9 so we can test how that goes...IIRC vanilla M2 campaign is around 240 turns right?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

...IIRC vanilla M2 campaign is around 240 turns right?
    You're asking me?
    I haven't played a campaign for ages.

No please don't do such a terrible thing plz

Quote Originally Posted by Olisippo View Post
    No please don't do such a terrible thing plz
    It has been said that if Portugal is cut from the Early campaign, it will retain it's presence in the High and Late era campaigns. So don't despair

Quote Originally Posted by Deteriorate View Post
    It has been said that if Portugal is cut from the Early campaign, it will retain it's presence in the High and Late era campaigns. So don't despair
    Yes i know, i've been lurking in this threads for quite sometime, you guys are doing an excellent job making good additions to a wonderfull game, thanks for the effort to all the team. I'm currently playing an early era campaign with Portugal with the new alpha, and loving it. And i will be very said if you guys choose to cut them from the early era, and can write may reasons why you should include Portugal, but of course there are may other factions that deserve to be included and i understand if you choose not to include them in early.
    Of course i will try to make a stand for you to include Portugal, because.... well....because i'm portuguese, so you really can't blame me but that's a discussion for another topic.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I still believe that all those candidates should be abandoned in favor of a far more entertaining prospect of a faction in Tunisia(ze Zirids).

Serbia was practically a Byzantine province/|rebellious subordinate| until the 13th century and having another muslim faction in Asia Minor is useless.

Also i strongly suggest the wasteland province for inner Africa and Saudi Arabia like the EB team did.
    Far more beautiful and immersive than those ugly giganteus kontinent size provinces we usually get
    Last edited by +Marius+; December 16, 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast