Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Model Works and Previews

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Titanium - Unit Preview

Mounted Feudal Knights: Use only axes for melee. Decided to change dismounted version so they only have axes as well. Dont want all the units to be the same for all factions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

all good, but why feudal knights on horse dont have 'horse cloth-cloack), or how it is called on english..

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    all good, but why feudal knights on horse dont have 'horse cloth-cloack), or how it is called on english..
    What do you mean? Its the same model as dismounted feudal knight just on a horse with a lance. Oh do you mean like the Bodyguard horse? Because at 1100 it is really a push historically for horses to have armor/surcoats. I only did it on the general because they live for longer and wanted them to stand out.

Slurm's Avatar Foederatus

good units and promissing submod, great work guys

Quote Originally Posted by Slurm View Post
    good units and promissing submod, great work guys
    Thanks for the support, we need it

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    What do you mean? Its the same model as dismounted feudal knight just on a horse with a lance. Oh do you mean like the Bodyguard horse? Because at 1100 it is really a push historically for horses to have armor/surcoats. I only did it on the general because they live for longer and wanted them to stand out.
    sry for my bad english, thats exatly what i meant but maybe 'chevaliers' from war of the west, will have armor on horse ?

Yes western heavy cavalry from about the 1200's on will have them

We will also be able to use these for Roman's though Think they should work nicely.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13057171

man i cant explain how much i want this mod. i just cant believe that those textures are implement on medieval. this will be definetly my number one mod . Thank You so much guys for doing this mod !!!
    and btw, it is great that 1200 knights will have armored horses in west

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-NORSE-Roster i would like to suggest to ask permision for those units for norway, it will save your time for one faction instantly (can help a lot to denmark)

EDIT :: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Unit-Workshop also those knights look great
    Last edited by achilles-91; June 18, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks for the links. I dont think those norway units look good. It would be better to adjust the ones we have even if it takes a little longer.

The second link is Lord Hamilton. He also made the units we are currently using. I actually did forget about those. Could use those shields.

i just installed that mod, and tested that norway units and honestly, i too dont like them. on the other hand, i would realy like too see that shields of miles complete units is awesome, because of textures

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

The English are done...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	English_Sword_Ambush.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	309119

...and you can view more pictures here and download them here.

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

great work on units mates, keep it up

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

great units
    i wonder are those clasis dismounted feudal knigts, or miles, normans, or something else
    Last edited by achilles-91; June 19, 2014 at 06:04 PM.

great units
    i wonder are those clasis dismounted feudal knigts, or miles, normans, or something else
    This is the closest approximation of how 12th century wealthy warriors probably looked like.
    It is the era when face visors have not been in use for too long and heraldry has -only barely- begun to replace arbitrary decorations on the shields.
    There has not yet been a mass return of knights from the outremer, therefore the use of overmail livery tunics has not yet become a fashion.
    I intend for the sword armed version to be used in the stead of mailed kights and miles pedites, probably their armour upgrade model would be more accurate as this is a heavy mail model.
    For the mace armed version I would have them used as dismounted feudal knights of the 12th century.

However, these decisions are not to be made by me alone, other members of the team may have differing opinions about it and there is nothing to prevent individual gamers from modding their own game as they like it the most.
    Keep in mind if you want to see them in your game now, you would have to download them and integrate them manually, they are available now.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    This is the closest approximation of how 12th century wealthy warriors probably looked like.
    It is the era when face visors have not been in use for too long and heraldry has -only barely- begun to replace arbitrary decorations on the shields.
    There has not yet been a mass return of knights from the outremer, therefore the use of overmail livery tunics has not yet become a fashion.
    I intend for the sword armed version to be used in the stead of mailed kights and miles pedites, probably their armour upgrade model would be more accurate as this is a heavy mail model.
    For the mace armed version I would have them used as dismounted feudal knights of the 12th century.

However, these decisions are not to be made by me alone, other members of the team may have differing opinions about it and there is nothing to prevent individual gamers from modding their own game as they like it the most.
    Keep in mind if you want to see them in your game now, you would have to download them and integrate them manually, they are available now.
    thank you for info good sir. i would gladly download them and put manualy, but honestly i dont know how to do that..

thank you for info good sir. i would gladly download them and put manualy, but honestly i dont know how to do that..
    There are plenty of tutorials in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    That's the one thing I like about this period in history . While knights on barded Horses look Cool, you get a real deadly on the charge feeling with a knight on an unbarded horse, a true charger.

Honestly the easiest way to implement a new unit is to use Gracul's unit editor. Its much easier for beginners to see how the process works by using his program.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09-Unit-Editor

If you need help or have any questions about modding units post here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tainless-Steel

Myself and others would be willing to answer any questions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    That's the one thing I like about this period in history . While knights on barded Horses look Cool, you get a real deadly on the charge feeling with a knight on an unbarded horse, a true charger.
    I agree it seems faster... maybe because heavier horses usually have a movement penalty to represent heavier armor.