Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Model Works and Previews

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Titanium - Unit Preview

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maces_x7.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	293196

These are the maces I'll be using.
    Last edited by paleologos; July 11, 2014 at 08:39 PM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maces_x7.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	293196

These are the maces I'll be using.
    Whoever pissed you off is going to really regret it when you come for them...

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Ugh this rome 2 traffic is really making this a chore to come on TWC lately. Wish they would upgrade the servers.

I think the unit your talking about was done by thelasttemplar.

paleologos I thought you were done modding for a while? Glad to see you back on here

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    paleologos I thought you were done modding for a while? Glad to see you back on here
    I wish you could be gladder.
    I was supposed to be done modding for a while but I want to finish this one model I was working on and upload it before I take my time off.
    Remember my increasing the size of the texture file for the figure?
    This totally messed up the attachements file for the game engine.
    Apparently it takes for granded that the two files are of equal dimensions.
    Redoing the shields, swords and maces is a but at the bright side of things I now have more room and more experience in filling it.
    Hence the seven maces in the stead of one.
    I hope you approve the textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Whoever pissed you off is going to really regret it when you come for them...
    Who's not repping me now?
    Last edited by paleologos; September 06, 2013 at 03:24 AM.

Due to some difficulties with my college web blocker blocking my web (if that makes sense) I will have to transfer my WIP stuff though attachments, and I figure his might be a good place.

I am in the process of making a unit for the Islamic factions (al haqu) I was asked to give it to King of the Ring so there it is, and Here is a pic so I won't technically be breaking the rules of this thread.

Pic

Hopefully I will find a better way to transfer these files soon, and I won't be posting stuff not really even in the alpha stage yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

When you think gonna be first release?

Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Don't get me wrong the units look really good. But could the creators please resist the urge keep turning up the dial on details and resolution? One of the reasons a lot of us still play M2TW is because of performance limitations. Units have looked plenty good enough for awhile now. Just remember that older computers will have to display a thousand of these little guys on the screen...

Quote Originally Posted by Iforgot View Post
    Don't get me wrong the units look really good. But could the creators please resist the urge keep turning up the dial on details and resolution? One of the reasons a lot of us still play M2TW is because of performance limitations. Units have looked plenty good enough for awhile now. Just remember that older computers will have to display a thousand of these little guys on the screen...
    That's what I've been telling everyone, but no! My team insisted that my mail texture was "thick" and my models too "boxy" until I finally obliged. In any case I believe I achieved an improvement that on one hand is discernible enough, on the other hand it will not cause noticeable lag in machines that were new when the game was new. I am taking the chance to remind my team mates that lower lods may still be needed, don't shut this "door".

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

You can have multiple level of detail models for each unit as paleologos stated, turn down graphic settings, or just play with vanilla units. The game is old, and yes, one of its strenghts is that you can run it with pretty much everything, but that doesn't mean that all people should stick with old graphics imo. Modding is about options and customization, and in most cases trying to improve assets of the vanilla-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    You can have multiple level of detail models for each unit as paleologos stated, turn down graphic settings, or just play with vanilla units. The game is old, and yes, one of its strenghts is that you can run it with pretty much everything, but that doesn't mean that all people should stick with old graphics imo. Modding is about options and customization, and in most cases trying to improve assets of the vanilla-game.
    Pretty much what he said.

We are striving to make the most out of the medieval 2 engine. Yes there are limitations but for the most part we want to make the best as possible. I realize that some of you dont have great computers. I dont either. I will make sure to figure out a way that everyone can play Titanium on their computer no matter how crappy.

How are units coming along anyways, should we expect any surprises

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Surely if you expect a surprise, it won't be a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Yes you should expect some surprises progress is still slow on the unit side but its getting done. I might post a couple pics tomorrow if I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Yes you should expect some surprises progress is still slow on the unit side but its getting done. I might post a couple pics tomorrow if I have time.
    this would be wonderful

I'm glad to see such nice new units, however I have a small problem with the templar on the second picture. I don't think that two handed swords were used widely in the second half of the 13th century. Perhaps I'm not right but I think it would be more accurate if those templars had shields and swords instead of two handed swords.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Caprica6 View Post
    I'm glad to see such nice new units, however I have a small problem with the templar on the second picture. I don't think that two handed swords were used widely in the second half of the 13th century. Perhaps I'm not right but I think it would be more accurate if those templars had shields and swords instead of two handed swords. Keep up the good work!
    Already solved buddy. We will post some new pics soon.

HELLEKIN's Avatar Miles

Here go... the Obotries...hope you like it guys....

Homo Homini Lupus

I've been designing some Templars for the mod, there will be three tiers of them, here they are.

1st tier:

2nd tier:

3rd tier:
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; September 21, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

+Rep to both of you, fantastic work! I get a Invasio Barbarorum feel from the Obotries and the Templars look fantastic, so glad the upgrades don't include plate, I must say that caudillo's roman units will be very festive and colorful compared to these units