Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions: regarding battle music.

Khysamgathys III's Avatar Foederatus
    Loaqqasema Feudatory, Kingdom of Tsangbokha.

Default Suggestions: regarding battle music.

Hey there. Just downloaded the Beta and it looks awesome so far as far as a Mod for a Three Kingdoms setting would go.

The Guqin ensembles on the campaign map is awesome and all, but I find much of the battle music tacky as hell, specially with the presence of scores from movies such as "The Rock," "Pearl Harbor," "King Arthur (2004)," and "Pirates of the Caribbean." The scores are not really apt for a Chinese setting.

Might I suggest that you take tracks from Koei's "Romance of the The Three Kingdoms XI?" The main theme's (Track Number 1's) climax is fitting for for the post-battle Victory window that pops up after the player wins a battle.

Here's a useful link.
    http://kongming.net/music/

Default Re: Suggestions: regarding battle music.

i have been voicing this idea since the Beta was first release and all i got was "do it yourself" basically so hopefully the more people that want ROTK 9 or ROTK 10 soundtrack the better chance we have

Our main priority is trying to get in new units, the other eye/ear candy willl be done a bit later. I think Gigantus was messing around with the sounds. Thanks for the link, left a copy in our internal forums. I'll be listening to it while I model, and (hopefully) get it in the next few patchs (if not, then the 'big' patch, keep your eyes on the forums, preview will be poping up soon), no promises tho, since, again, main focus isn't on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    i have been voicing this idea since the Beta was first release and all i got was "do it yourself" basically so hopefully the more people that want ROTK 9 or ROTK 10 soundtrack the better chance we have
    It was not a 'do it yourself', it was 'will be in near future, if you want it in now, do it yourself'

Just downloaded the first track, its amazing. I'll make it a priority to get these in when I'm free.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

"Do it yourself" is meant to read: 'we won't do anything about it now'.
    We are aware of 'silly' sound tracks and voices but if you want to change it before the full version with reworked music and sound gets released then you will have to do it yourself. It's just not on a high priority at the moment - BETA simply means to test playability and fix crash stuff and 'quick and easy' matters, media issues will be noted and corrected for the main release. We have a small team of only 4 active team members and have to prioritize that way.
    Please keep in mind as well that even the smallest correction in sounds requires an upload of about 350MB, so we rather get it right the first time.

i am trying to get/acquire the ROTK 9 and ROTK 10 soundtrack how do i upload them to give to you when i do get them

i am trying to get/acquire the ROTK 9 and ROTK 10 soundtrack how do i upload them to give to you when i do get them
    No need, I already have most of the soundtrack downloaded. You can still upload it Mediafire if you like tho.

can you only use soundtrack from 9 or 10 cause those are the only really good ROTK games lol

can you use
    Romance of The Three Kingdoms X OST - Warriors' March

for seige or battle music lol

can you only use soundtrack from 9 or 10 cause those are the only really good ROTK games lol
    Bad games doesn't mean it will have bad soundtracks. I'll see what we come up with, but most likely it won't be just from 9 and 10 (haven't listened to it yet, the 11 soundtrack is nice too). If you want just 9 and 10, you can make your own soundtrack mod.

can you use
    Romance of The Three Kingdoms X OST - Warriors' March

for seige or battle music lol
    We'll see. But again, we probably won't be doing anything to the music until v1.0. Focus is currently on the unit roster overhaul.
    Last edited by The Blade That Was Broken; August 19, 2013 at 02:22 PM.

ewwww 11 i have that game from pc and its soundtrack is acceptable but i like the aura that 9 and 10 make you feel about a mystical china and adventura

Thanks k/t, already finished though lol Should be in the next couple patches, just need to fill in the holes (Pirates of Carribean, etc, all axed).

lol some of the music in this wasnt terrible... But yeah pirates of the carribean was kinda strange to hear the first time it came up in a battle.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I only watched the first PotC, and don't really remember it, so none of the music bothered me
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

yeah its kinda hard being a hard core ROTK fan and hearing that pop up lol its more effective in lets say an Empire total war mod

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the tracks for the battle music is Jin Overture?

Quote Originally Posted by pillullis View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the tracks for the battle music is Jin Overture?
    It is, and I believe I accidently deleted that one, going to put that back in then.

Heres a preview of one of the tracks that will be in the upcoming battle music revamp.

I guess that is ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast