Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Hi, I've got three issues that I'm not really sure where to put, as well as two suggestions.

First Issue: I've been playing as England lately (love those longbows in the core game!), but I seem to be unable to recruit Norman Serjeants, Miles Pedites, and Longbowmen unless Real Recruitment (Something I actually -love- to have on, love making my army unique with Local Unit auxiliarys!) is disabled. I went through an entire early era game without being able to recruit Longbowmen -The only longbows I had access to were the incredibly expensive Welsh Longbowmen mercenaries.

Second Issue: While playing on that Long Early Campaign, my Generals were aging at a rate of one year per turn, despite the game running at two turns per year. Not so much of an 'issue' as an annoyance, as my Generals died of old age way before they should have. I'm wondering if this will be addressed/fixed?

Third Issue: Like the second issue, this one isn't that big of a deal, most likely just a mistake that can (hopefully) be fixed easily. In an Early Campaign as England, none of my family members have last names. So instead of family members with names like 'Oliver Plantagenet', I instead just get 'Oliver'. Only -One- family member has a last name - Stephen de Blois (Incidentally, he and his son are two of my favorite historical figures, I learned about them from the book 'the Pillars of The Earth', a book I highly recomend). If it is possible to fix this on my own, can someone please tell me how? I'd like to have my royal family have a cool last name like in Late Era, and not just be 'Oliver'.

Now, onto the two suggestions that I have.
    Suggestion One: Make it so that any Catholic (Or maybe even Orthodox?) nation can recruit the Knights of Jerusalem, the Knights of Saint Lazarus, and the canons of the Holy Sepulchre in the Holy Land on two conditions:
    1)They hold Jerusalem
    2)The Holy Sepulcher is still existing.
    This would make the Holy Land worth holding, as you would gain access to two VERY strong Religious Orders, other than just Templars and Hospitaliers.

Suggestion Two: Make Crusader Knights/Crusader Sergeants be Re-trainable. It doesn't make sense that they cost so much despite the fact that they can't be Retrained and logically should be marked as a Religious Order instead of Mercenaries.

Now, most likely these issues and suggestions can be fixed and done by me, but I've got no idea what to do and how to do it. Can I either get help fixing these, or can you look into doing these in the next update?

Also, just a question, would these two mods work with Stainless Steel:Titanium?
    Choose your faction heir (Found here)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-heir-RELEASED
    and
    Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4 (Found here)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(RLC)-for-6-4

They're both awesome, and I'd love to be able to use them (if I can figure out how to. -_-).

@Foamybeard: Thanks for your feedback! I'll check for the other issues soon.

About second issue: The bug you noticed cannot be addressed, because the vanilla SS6.4's "Ageing script" has been disabled. Hmmm, open your campaign_script and search for "Ageing script"; if you find any section with this name, delete it (and report back).

About RLC submod: There is a compatible version of RLC, which is already included in Titanium. Just check here for the unreleased fix for a bug in this submod.

Sorry for the long response time - I've been too busy with life to really respond.

Quote Originally Posted by gsthoed View Post
    @Foamybeard: Thanks for your feedback! I'll check for the other issues soon.

About second issue: The bug you noticed cannot be addressed, because the vanilla SS6.4's "Ageing script" has been disabled. Hmmm, open your campaign_script and search for "Ageing script"; if you find any section with this name, delete it (and report back).

About RLC submod: There is a compatible version of RLC, which is already included in Titanium. Just check here for the unreleased fix for a bug in this submod.
    The script is disabled - It says "AGEING SCRIPT-DISABLED", so could that somehow cause the 'bug' with the one year per turn?

Ah, awesome, thanks. Do you know a way that I can train Norman Serjeants, Miles Pedites, and Longbowmen without turning off Real Recruitment, and do you also know a way that I can make it so that Family members in Early Era have a last name?

Quote Originally Posted by Foamybeard View Post
    Ah, awesome, thanks. Do you know a way that I can train Norman Serjeants, Miles Pedites, and Longbowmen without turning off Real Recruitment
    Here is a guide teaching you how to go it
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt..._Buildings-txt

1) Can we tone down the heretics a bit. Or at least make it less likely a priest will turn heretic if they fail to deal with them ?
    2) A reduction in the spawn rate of rebels would be good too. Playing as Novgorod I find rebels spawning virtually every turn somewhere in my empire.
    (A few more forts might help to so small armies can be stationed on the longer roads.)
    3) The traits need looking into to reduce the negative ones, but reduce chances of getting positive ones.
    For example I'm getting too many FMs and generals with Madness, Leaders who offend the nobility etc etc.
    Not to mention merchants who generate no income.
    I doubt many players check all the traits every turn, most will have no idea where the negative traits come from, or what they can do to remove them.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; April 14, 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Don't know if this has been suggested already, already planned or has already been implemented but maybe add a late period campaign and allow access to factions like the Mongolians and Teutonic order?

Just a suggestion here because I noticed something similar with the Crusader states with the King of Jerusalem and Prince of Antioch. How about faction leaders, faction heirs, family members, generals and captains all getting their own unique models on the campaign map for each faction? And those same models from the campaign map appear on the battlefield?

Don't know if there is a maximum limit to the number of units that can exist in the game or not but if there is I suppose you get rid of units like the mounted variant of the Norse war clerics? And Scotland has accesses to two separate units of mounted Feudal knights in custom battles and they are exactly the same so i guess you could get rid of one of those.

Yes there is a limit of units you can have. 500 (or 501)
    There's usually scope for removing units that are either duplicates, useless or a-historical
    Check the export_descr_unit.txt file (in the data folder) for the full list of units

I feel like making it so that every tower shoots projectiles in a siege regardless of if anybody is manning the tower is little too much. I can understand trying to make the game harder, but this sort of things seems super arbitrary and unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    I feel like making it so that every tower shoots projectiles in a siege regardless of if anybody is manning the tower is little too much. I can understand trying to make the game harder, but this sort of things seems super arbitrary and unrealistic.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14289125

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan15875 View Post
    Just a suggestion here because I noticed something similar with the Crusader states with the King of Jerusalem and Prince of Antioch. How about faction leaders, faction heirs, family members, generals and captains all getting their own unique models on the campaign map for each faction? And those same models from the campaign map appear on the battlefield?
    I love that idea. It will give all the factions more uniqueness and will distinguish a characters status on the battlefield and campaign map. That way you know it's the king of Hungary that is pissed with you.

Thanks!

Some suggestions concerning forts:

It would be nice to be able to demolish forts in some way or another. Also, when besieging a fort it gives the option to build ladders, but since they aren't applicable to the fort walls they shouldn't be available to build.

Oh no! I just looked at the roster for France and so many units have been cut! Noble Knights, Lancers, Scots Guard, and French Archers are all gone, this makes me very sad. Why were they taken out? Were they not all soldier types back in the day?

that's early era only, technology clock stops at 1350...hence why everything that comes available after are cut off in order to make room for the new factions special units and etc

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    that's early era only, technology clock stops at 1350...hence why everything that comes available after are cut off in order to make room for the new factions special units and etc
    So will this mean that the early era campaign won't carry through to the late era? And will these two eras be there own separate campaigns instead?
    Last edited by DanTheMan15875; May 06, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Last edited by DanTheMan15875; May 06, 2015 at 04:06 PM.

The campaign will continue until the present day, but technology will cease to improve past 1350. There will be 3 campaign eras eventually

Forts suggestions:

Hi i don't have any modding skills, besides the basic fiddling with unit and building stats so i don't really know if any of my suggestions can actually be done, so here it goes.

Problems - Titanium has the wonderfull Permanent Stone forts submod, that is pretty cool but has some issues. First from my gaming experience it seems that the AI simply chooses to ignore the forts and try to go around them, or be stuck in front of them, second even if the AI chooses to siege them, it almost always waits more then 3 turns, so effectively the only option is to sally out or be destroyed. (this is my gaming experience with the first beta release, other might experience different). thirdly, being permanent although a good idea causes some issues with spawning.

Suggestions - What i think it would make sense, since Forts are expensive, is to make them last more in a siege perhaps 4/5 turns, it would give more time to the AI to siege and try and assault, secondly it would be great if there was a raze button in the option forts, that would erase the fort and create a temporary scorched tile(s) in the area. Other additional idea would be to have a second fort option representing the defaul wooden fort. Temporary less siege resistance but much cheaper.

I know that altough, the first idea could be simplier to achieve, the second and third one, will be pretty hard or downright impossible to implement. Opinions?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I inquired some time ago about the possibility of more than one fort types and got the answer that it was a game engine thing and could not be fiddled with.

If one of your forts gets besieged you can try to send reinforcements.

Personally, I despise the distinction between castles and cities and wish that all regions had one urban center and as many upgradeable forts the player could (or would) afford
    Allas, CA decided that they probably did not want to spend the time and effort to develop a decent AI that would not be too easily owned by players with so many options at their hands.