Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Icon4 Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

If you have any suggestions for current or upcoming versions please post them here.
    Last edited by Andytheplatypus; August 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions

Here's one: Can you add more regions?

I believe the region number is already at the max. But that is RW's specialty, he will have to give you a definite answer.

I thought of something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's from a mod called SH's New Map And Slower Expansion For SS6.4.

RW has already changed the map drastically from SS 6.4 in his HURB mod. We are using that as a base for now. He would have to post a image of his regions to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    RW has already changed the map drastically from SS 6.4 in his HURB mod. We are using that as a base for now. He would have to post a image of his regions to compare.
    Nice.

Senator

There was a mod a while back called Istanople which allowed for Constantinople to be called either Constantinople if it was ruled by the Byzantines (or anyone else) or Istanbul if it was ruled by Turks.

Is there any way to implement a way to name your own settlements in Titanium?

I'd also like to see toggable money/garrison scripts and the option of force diplomacy like in RSII, but I don't know how much of an option that is in Medieval II.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Starting position and region of the Titanium is most likely this

Last edited by RollingWave; August 17, 2013 at 01:49 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    There was a mod a while back called Istanople which allowed for Constantinople to be called either Constantinople if it was ruled by the Byzantines (or anyone else) or Istanbul if it was ruled by Turks.

Is there any way to implement a way to name your own settlements in Titanium?

I'd also like to see toggable money/garrison scripts and the option of force diplomacy like in RSII, but I don't know how much of an option that is in Medieval II.
    I suppose its possible to change the name of the faction depeding on who controls it, but that would require a lot of scripts and increased turn times if it was done for every settlement. No way to name your own settlement in game, as far as I know.

Right now we are currently trying to reduce and replace old scripts to try to make turn and loading times faster. That might be possible but at a later date.

Why do Crusaders have a region in France?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Dread View Post
    Why do Crusaders have a region in France?
    Templars perhaps?

I think its supposed to represent the military orders land holdings in europe.

Senator

That's cool, it'll prevent the Crusaders from dying so easily due to hardly any family members.

Though you'd have to go to lengths to try and prevent them going to war with other Catholics.

Just gotta have the right amount of balance for factions with only one or two starting regions to ensure they don't die too quickly, but neither can they stomp larger factions.

Senator

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Sorry for the double post, but new ideas.

Any way to boost AI income? I've noticed in my SS 6.4 campaign practically all factions are bankrupt except me and the two largest factions. They spend spend spend on armies and can't afford to maintain them. Venice has about 6 armies on Rhodes and can't afford a navy to ship them off it. Poland and Denmark both have 3 full stacks but only one city. Aragon has a million armies but no money.

I know an add money script to the AI would add to turn times but I think it is kinda necessary. If there was a way to have it so the larger the faction is, the more money they get, the better (so the AI isn't too strong in the early game with the extra cash).

Also, any way to make Crusades more aggressive? It's kinda stupid to see huge armies walking all the way across the map only to turn around and go home the second the target falls. They should look to attack the holding faction and establish colonies, sort of their own Crusader States type thing.

Edit - oh and please god can we stop with the "afflicted with pneumonia" trait that happens every time a general is on campaign for more than a few turns. So nonsensical and irritating.

It'd be nice if there was a way to recover generals from being afflicted by leprosy etc by a witch, especially if you assassinate/denounce the witch.
    Last edited by Larkin; August 21, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

D.Vallier's Avatar Libertus

Suggestion 1: Include Portugal as "County of Portugal" (as it really was in 1100) and in 1139 it becomes the "Kingdom of Portugal" (same flag etc., only changes the name).

I believe Portugal is a good option, as it will balance Iberia. Although there'd be 3 catholics and 1 big muslim in the area, Portugal and Castilla keep fighting. They could start with a bad relation... It happened in fact, since Henry of Portugal (House of Burgundy) declared his state, the County, "independent" of spanish Crown. Since then a rivalry was forged between these 2 kingdoms!
    What do you think?
    It's more worth than simply a rebel faction that will be massacred in some turns!
    Suggestion 1,5: Replace some less important faction by Portugal (i.e.: Ghor Sultanate, more like a dinasty from 1148 bound to Seljuks before it).

Suggestion 2: Norway will succumb if it starts with only 1 region. Why don't you keep the 3 regions there are in SS6.4?
    I think they're perfect. In fact, Scandinavia deserves some more regions, or it will be massacred by it's neighbours (specially HRE). You should keep the Scandinavian regions of SS6.4. Couldn't you just take some 2 or 3 regions out of Middle East and put them to Norway? And add at least 1 more to Ireland region? I mean, an island of such size and historical importance should not hold only 1 settlement!

Anyway, my biggest complaint/ suggestion is about Portugal. Please, consider it!

Question: Mongols will still invade?
    Last edited by D.Vallier; August 21, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
    D. Vallier sends regards...
    "Una parola d'onuri vali sangu."
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by D.Vallier View Post
    Suggestion 2: Norway will succumb if it starts with only 1 region. Why don't you keep the 3 regions there are in SS6.4?
    I think they're perfect. In fact, Scandinavia deserves some more regions, or it will be massacred by it's neighbours (specially HRE). You should keep the Scandinavian regions of SS6.4. Couldn't you just take some 2 or 3 regions out of Middle East and put them to Norway? And add at least 1 more to Ireland region? I mean, an island of such size and historical importance should not hold only 1 settlement!

Question: Mongols will still invade?
    HURB (the base submod for this mod) is based on historical accuracy. The population of Scandinavia was VERY LOW at the time. This is shown through the fewer regions. It will also prevent Scandinavian nations from dominating the HRE/Russian factions, which would be historically inaccurate. Denmark did have a holding in Estonia for a brief while, but short of their own territory they never were able to establish a real land hold on the continent. The game is designed to reflect that.

However, I imagine they will still be a threat, owing to the fact their infantry should be better, especially in the early game/era.

that and 3 vs 1 situation in iberian penninsula at earlier HURB proved to be unbalanced against the moors, 2 vs 1 is much better.

the thing is IMO, HURB -since this mod use much of what HURB is as a base- is best experienced with easterner factions, factions eastern of HRE are where you can truly taste this mod since they are no longer pushovers compared to normal SS.

Quick answer. Portugal will not be a faction that can be played in early era campaign. We are at the faction limit and a lot of thought and time went into factions that would balance out the map overall. Portugal will be a playable faction in the other eras of the mod, so if you really want to play as them be very very patient as work hasn't even begun to start on the other eras.

I am sure there will be more tweaks to faction starting territories

No mongols, they have been removed as a faction.

D.Vallier's Avatar Libertus

HURB (the base submod for this mod) is based on historical accuracy. The population of Scandinavia was VERY LOW at the time. This is shown through the fewer regions. It will also prevent Scandinavian nations from dominating the HRE/Russian factions, which would be historically inaccurate. Denmark did have a holding in Estonia for a brief while, but short of their own territory they never were able to establish a real land hold on the continent. The game is designed to reflect that.

However, I imagine they will still be a threat, owing to the fact their infantry should be better, especially in the early game/era.
    Great, Larkin! That seems fair! Didn't think on the lower Scandinavian pop reflection! I must agree with you! Good point, really!

that and 3 vs 1 situation in iberian penninsula at earlier HURB proved to be unbalanced against the moors, 2 vs 1 is much better.

the thing is IMO, HURB -since this mod use much of what HURB is as a base- is best experienced with easterner factions, factions eastern of HRE are where you can truly taste this mod since they are no longer pushovers compared to normal SS.
    Fair enough, napoleonic. But this considers that Aragon will push north/easternwards to France? I mean, when in war, aragonese dudes go against Spain or France, or even Genoa.

About the Late Era, Portugal could be considered to join in the map, since the Fatimids were succeeded by the Abassid dinasty. After the end of the Fatimids in 1171 (with the death of Caliph Al-Adid), the "ad-Din" brothers surrounded the Crusader States with a freakingly huge Abassid empire (from Cairo to Aleppo, if I recall it right). Now, since the Abassids are in the game in the Early Era, the Fatimids vacance can be fullfield by Portugal
    Is that a point you could consider from this fan?

Quick answer. Portugal will not be a faction that can be played in early era campaign. We are at the faction limit and a lot of thought and time went into factions that would balance out the map overall. Portugal will be a playable faction in the other eras of the mod, so if you really want to play as them be very very patient as work hasn't even begun to start on the other eras.

These are great news, Andy! Read my mind! Couldn't agree more! After your explanations, it's fair enough I guess!

Didn't mean to take you guys with that! Sorry if I really bored you here!
    Anyway, the work IS great! Aewsome you guys took the lead on doing such a mod! I'm waiting for that release!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by D.Vallier; August 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    D. Vallier sends regards...
    "Una parola d'onuri vali sangu."
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Hey Andy have you seen units from the Complete Silician Unit Roster (CSUR)? They look pretty damn awesome, if the unit design team hasn't made Sicilian units then these might be worth considering. Some of the units might not be entirely relevant to the timeframe of the mod, but I think we can take a little bit of artistic liberty =)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-Unit-Roster&

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast