Thread: Any mods that improve upon the Viking Invasion campaign?

Default Any mods that improve upon the Viking Invasion campaign?

I had no idea where to post this so I'll just post it here and wait for someone to move it if need be.

I know of BkB and XL mods but as far as I know they dont improve upon the viking invasion campaign as far as adding more factions/provinces/units. Do any, perhaps more little known mods, exist that improve on VI?

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default Re: Any mods that improve upon the Viking Invasion campaign?

No. Sadly.

What a shame, theres potential there methinks. If only I knew modding from a hole in the ground, I could try it for myself, but unfortunately im...remedial. I was hoping by now someone would at least make Strathclyde into its own faction or add some more units or somethin...

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Just join the Viking Invasion RPG
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

There was such a mod at one point (Fury of the Northmen, I think it was called, it was at the Org) but sadly it seems to have died. As indeed has any attempt to create a Viking-era mod for RTW. It is a shame IMO, CA's VI was a fine concept (though the focus on Britain would not be to everyone's taste) but it took a very simplistic (and sometimes downright inaccurate, especially with the Celts) historical view and could generally have used some touching up. Ah well, life goes on.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist
    There was such a mod at one point (Fury of the Northmen, I think it was called, it was at the Org) but sadly it seems to have died. As indeed has any attempt to create a Viking-era mod for RTW. It is a shame IMO, CA's VI was a fine concept (though the focus on Britain would not be to everyone's taste) but it took a very simplistic (and sometimes downright inaccurate, especially with the Celts) historical view and could generally have used some touching up. Ah well, life goes on.

Antagonist
    Hmmm...so I take it theres no working download link?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso
    Just join the Viking Invasion RPG
    What's that?

Well, the mod development thread at the Org is here, but I don't think they ever released anything. Actually looking at it again it isn't strictly a VI improvement mod, it covers scandinavia and the baltic as well.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA

What's that?
    Check it out here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140

If you are interested please contact me by PM
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

There was a mod by a fella called oldfield and it is availiable on the Org somewhere. I believe the mod is set in Arthurs time and he has added quite a few provinces and new factions. It was abit erratic i think as he didn't fully fisish it but he did release a BETA
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam