How did this thread and especiall the quotes from C.I.F get snowed under so fast?

Quote Originally Posted by theDaedricPrince View Post
Say you have a large Roman army. Suddenly, Barbarians attack it unexpectedly. Wouldn't it be cool to see your men march on the battle map since they don't know about the attack? I think it would look epic. Plus, it gives you the sense of 'surprise'. You can't help your men when they're first attacked, but you can help them when the enemy engages.

(probably might not happen. CA might just make it into another battle where you can't see the enemies, but you can set your battle formations -.-)

Btw, this is just a suggestion and a question. It is not a complaint so don't destroy me. Kkthx

Quotes from C.I.F.:

Hi Daedric Consider your wish fulfilled. You have to wait for the enemy attack to begin before you can take control. Its a hell-of-a-rush trying to get out of an ambush alive.

When you are ambushing you deploy your troops in ambush positions and you have to be careful not to expose yourself to enemy sight. You have limited time to spring your trap

As stated previously; The fact that a player is entering an ambush battle means they know they are going to get ambushed. When player armies are being ambushed, in an Ambush Battle, they are unable to act until the enemy spring the ambush or reveal their position to the ambushed troops. On a separate point: On a 2km x 2km battlefield, knowing that someone somewhere out there can see you doesn't say much, other than you are not hiding. We would recommend people play the game to see how that works.

Ambushes are going to be so awesome, if this is also available in multiplayer I'm seriously considering to start doing that.