Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Now, I could be wrong, but I seem to vaguely recall something about there being two different campaigns? One that is a historical start, and then another which is a sandbox game?

Were they both included in this release, or does the sandbox one come later?
    It was an idea floated around. Maybe we'll add sandbox later on.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

You are missing the following required vanilla files:
    patch_media.pack
    patch6.pack
    patch7.pack
    The mod will not work without them!
    What is the meaning of this error?
    What can I do for solve? please help.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

I reinstalled the game to make that work @alisswell

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Hope those campaign bugs are new to the devs. Otherwise I have no clou what they developed for so long?
    I mean, such game breaking bugs like financial problems or instant leader dieing are pretty hard...

Personally, I would remove the download link and avoid gaining +rep for a piece of crap at the moment..
    Cause its nothing more like that currently.. A +rep machine for nothing..
    Or, we could save everyone hours of download/installation time by releasing now, and patching the (already known) fixes later

We didn't work two years on a mod just for some lousy rep.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Now, I could be wrong, but I seem to vaguely recall something about there being two different campaigns? One that is a historical start, and then another which is a sandbox game?

Were they both included in this release, or does the sandbox one come later?
    Actually it's the scripted one that is not included, but Mitch will have to explain the story behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Napoleon total war version 1.3 I have.necessary 1.5 versiyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Righto, exactly when does it crash, e.g. on which nation's turn?
    it is swiss

Great mod guys, really well done, by transferring the pack files to my data folder i can get the game to work, no crashes everything fine. The only issue I have is that when I try to open the launcher it tells me it is "unable to automatically find the path to Napoleon.exe" and asks me to locate it manually, when i try to do so it doesn't seem to be able to detect that the file is there, it just shows empty folders. I know there have been some issues with the launcher but I've not seen anyone mention this issue, any ideas?

I'm played ottomans in campaign but in 1915 its crashed. Otherhand If I want enter the battle against any faction (rebels or enemy) it's crashed.

asnwer please.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Huh... that's very odd. We did edit the morale tables, but afaik didn't experience anything out of the ordinary during testing.

What scale were you playing on?
    I play on the third scale (mobility i think it is, just one step below ultra - basic infantry unit has 188 men)

I poked around that battle for a bit and managed to replicate this bug. As far as i can tell it has something to do with artillery. Here's the situation:

1. My army (only infantry) engages very small romanian force. Auto-resolve bar is nearly fully blue, but since i want to get the hold of this mod i decide to play it myself
    2. There is another romanian army nearby (just a single artillery unit). It's going to join the battle.
    3. Battle starts and for a while everything works fine. Balance bar still completely blue.
    4. Fun starts. Romanian artillery rolls on the battlefield. The game freezes for a bit (about 2 seconds). Afterwards, balance bar is fully red and my lads are jogging home.

After doing this 2 times i decided to check what impact artillery has on balance bar (in custom battles), and it seems a single arty unit is enough to fill it fully - only if the other side has no arty on it's own - agains about 10 infantry units. However, only-infantry armies do not run in battles when artillery already starts on the field, so i guess it has something to do with artillery reinforcements.
    Then again, I have no idea about modding, so this entire theory might just be completely wrong.

Cheers

Napoleon total war version 1.3 I have.necessary 1.5 version?

answer the question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AffeBowWow View Post
    I have reinstalled my NTW and have two bugs:
    - All the cards are white and some flags when choosing units.
    - I can't hear any sounds in the game!

Please help me folks, I've read through this thread but didn't get much, something with Mod Manager and I couldn't see any mod files etc.
    I need help with this one too, anyone knows how to solve this? Please explain clearly!

All these people having problems, I'm reinstalling my NTW I had a problem on the launcher something to do with, missing packs and files so I reinstalled the game and am going to place the mod in my files a second time and hope I don't have anything to deal with. Anybody possibly know what triggered that?

Would the mods prefer we send them crash reports that ntw creates in the format of a .mdmp file?
    This signature is clickable

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Alliswell View Post
    asnwer please.
    Yes you need the latest version, but Steam updates automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Just one question :

I tried to play with classic unit size but it's always like 60 infantry and 8 on artillery. Is it the largest unit size on game ?
    Launcher didn't work for me so I passed by mod manager and selected the mod pack for large unit scale, It was still same....

Anybody ?

Anyway Great Mod Must be more than awesome after fixing.
    Sorry for my english, i'm french

Quote Originally Posted by AffeBowWow View Post
    I have reinstalled my NTW and have two bugs:

Please help me folks, I've read through this thread but didn't get much, something with Mod Manager and I couldn't see any mod files etc.
    I still ned help with this, anyone? Please!

Hi Guys,

For this problem : I have reinstalled my NTW and have two bugs:

General Brenster has the solution here :

Ok guys. First off apologies for this problem.

Everyone download Modmanager for NTW move the .pack files to your data directory and enable them with modmanager. Then your mod wil fully work.

Ok ? Simply you download ModManager, move the.pack files to data directory. For ModManager, you must have this :

[IMG][/IMG]

And then, Launch & Enjoy !

-------------------------------------

I have a problem, I Can't play in multiplayer. When I host a party , I have this message : You dropped from your game.

Help me please !

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the pic it will help a lot of guys out

I didnt try MP but perhaps one of the other devs can help you out !