Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1439545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1283

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

....and its completely broken again, cant even launch the game it just crashes. Same error in the dump file.

Ignore me. I'm an idiot!

It turns out what I had downloaded and installed is just a patch, not the full mod. I think this is what has confused a lot of other people too as the launcher in the patch works without the mod installed.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Well Im glad its working for you now either way

so, I have a weird bug that doesnt seem to be anywhere else
    Basically I am suffering a CTD mid battle, generally a few minuets after it starts.

Patrician

What units are in the battle? Whos involved, you and an ally?

Doesnt seem to change which units are involved, and it's just me VS AI.
    I did some debugging with my task manager and found out that it was eating up nearly all 6 GB of my RAM...
    It seems to happen most often with larger battles, however, CTDs with smaller battles still happen at frustrating rates

didnt seem to post my reply, wierd
    anyway, have tested w/various troops types and amounts. CTD nonetheless. Have lowest graphic settings possible, still no worky.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 22, 2018 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Consecutive.

Hi everyone,
    I've been playing Total War games since I was like 6-7. I'm really into them and the Great War Mod is amazing. Unfortunately I crash around Late February of 1916 on every campaign I've played. This bug makes it unplayable and I've spent countless hours looking for a solution. What I found was various posts with the exact same problem and no solution. My nightmare was realized when I saw a post by King Sama himself explaining that their is no solution to this bug. That post was #1028 and was made on August 8th of 2014. It's been almost 4 years and if their is a solution out there, I haven't read it yet. I just made an account here just so I can post this here. If anyone could please help fix this bug, I would be so thankful to continue playing this wonderful mod that I would share the solution with every poster I've came across so everyone can enjoy the game as much I as have. -Paul

Somebody , please help me!
    I have downloaded a clean steam NTW , then i have downloaded TGW 5.1 and 5.1.4 patch. I droped all things to their places in data folder. But when i launch game it crashes instantly. I tryed different version and methods of installation like mod manager and all give me one result.
    What im doing wrong?

i am also getting crash mid battle.

Had a fairly stable game with Germany up until the summer of 1917. Fatal end of turn crash.
    Attached Files Attached Files

my units have no names/descriptions, and my english troops seem to be speaking spanish??
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_attack View Post
    Hey Jethro! Fratelli d'Italia It seems us glorious pasta lovers have a way with gold eh?

I'll confirm Jethro's statement. Happened to me before novermber '15, but in that same year. fairly sure it had to do with trade nodes since that was where all the dosh was spilling in from. I think I took my second ivory node when it hit in full, but I cant confirm that.
    I can confirm this still exists. Suddenly bankrupt, from 1 billion income.

So what is the issue when one drops the data folder into its proper place but the game then doesn't even start? I see people are still having issues with getting this mod to operate so I don't feel quite as bad.

There is somethig strange with money. In some regions I get literally millions as taxes, and in some I gey 0 as taxes. It is not really interesting to play when you can afford absolutely anything.

*gain 0 as taxes

You're sure you're not exempting taxes from those?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
    There is somethig strange with money. In some regions I get literally millions as taxes, and in some I gey 0 as taxes. It is not really interesting to play when you can afford absolutely anything.
    Did you install 5.1.4 as well as 5.1?

One of the things 5.1.4 was supposed to fix was that economy bug.

well, I have installed 5.1.4 after i had written thar commen, and in 5.1.4 economy is really working fine. Also, there is another problem. In 5.1 machinegun bunkers would diappear after the battle, though they hadnt been destroyed. I havent used bunkers in 5.1.4 yet, but tanks do disappear in that version. Also, in 5.1 it was possible to hire revolutionary troops even if without revolution when playing as Russia, though I dont know whether it has been fixed in 5.1.4. Oh, and the last one thing. I am not sure if it should be posted here, as it is not raelly a bug but a historical mistake. In the mod province of Poland with its capital Warsaw belongs to Germany, when in fact it was a part of Russia.

Hi
    During a battle my flame throwers couldn't destroy enemy bunkers. Is here a solution ?
    In the past I could use only my artillery to destroy the bunkers (I didn't use flame-throwers) but it's normaly the job of flame throwers...

Patrician

We removed the bunkers due to too many crashes.