Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

I am having the problem that seems to get fixed by using the mod manager... I got the mod manager but im to stupid to use it. Can any one please explain it a bit more in detail please!

chemaSS's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneralizzimo View Post
    I can't launch the mod launcher, it keeps saying I'm missing patch packs 6 and 7, my NTW is a legal updated copy and steam supported since I purchased it through steam. The mod manager isn't working. Please I'm becoming really frustrated here please help!!! Ill appreciate it alot. Thanks.

Same :/

So wait, is there going to be a fix released? Please? Or do we have to do a mod manager thing?

Cresilia's Avatar Tiro

Intriguing, I got the mod to work via the modmanager method and I fired up a quick battle. I launch the battle and as soon as the artillery fires the game crashes....

I'm using the mod manager but I can't adjust the unit size through the packs - I can either get 220 men per unit or 28 - 32 men.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Ok, I've identified the problem, Bdizzle and I are attempting to disseminate it via the launcher autoupdate. You will need to replace the packs.txt that will be included, but I do indeed have the launcher now working on my end.

It's good news

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Please follow the instructions in post 24

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13122793
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

That's good! Any clue to around when the update would be cause as for now I cant play

Quote Originally Posted by chemaSS View Post
    Same :/
    Looks like we're going to have to wait for the mod launcher fix my friend.

I can't launch the mod launcher, it keeps saying I'm missing patch packs 6 and 7, my NTW is a legal updated copy and steam supported since I purchased it through steam. The mod manager isn't working. Please I'm becoming really frustrated here please help!!! Ill appreciate it alot. Thanks.
    In your data folder, do you see the files patch6.pack and patch7.pack? If not, open NTW properties in Steam and turn on automatic updates. If that doesn't work, try verifying integrity of game cache.

Please sort this our via the launcher i just dont know how to use the mod manager.

Would be a good thing if you could actually test the launcher before releasing the mod

For those having trouble with the mod manager, a workaround would be to just copy all the packs in data\The Great War into the data folder, and the user.script.txt in there into C:\Users\[Your Name Here]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Alright, the patch seems to be out now, just launch the launcher and you'll see the prompts with the instructions.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakul View Post
    In your data folder, do you see the files patch6.pack and patch7.pack? If not, open NTW properties in Steam and turn on automatic updates. If that doesn't work, try verifying integrity of game cache.
    How do I access the NTW properties in Steam?

Nevermind I found out how to access the properties, how do I check the integrity of the game cache?

Nevermind I found out how to access the properties, how do I check the integrity of the game cache?
    Right click NTW in library > Properties > "Local Files" tab. You should see a button for it.

I downloaded the mod and with all the pack file moving and what not I was able to get the right start menu and sound, but that was about it. I had vanilla units and vanilla flags(most of which were french)

Ok so I am using the new launcher, the 5.0.1 and nothing has changed, still the white unit cards, all the french flags and unable to start the campaign

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Looking into the vanilla issue, I can't replicate it, and jake, make sure you follow the instructions included in the changelog and move the packs.txt in the updates folder to the files folder and replace your old packs.txt

Half way through the custom battle and i had a crash to desktop